For those that cruise Galveston / Navigator

LMaxwell

As I posted earlier, we are booked! :)

We've never sailed out of Galveston and I am soon finding it is a logistical headache! Worked all afternoon on hotels, all sold out or way too expensive, most likely because it is Memorial Day weekend.

Booked one hotel at the airport, but really wanted to stay at the cruise port and now trying to find the best transportation to and from the port.

Super shuttle is ok with us.

Galveston experts....Any suggestions? ;)

Thank you so much for your kindness in sharing your find OP!!! I have a hold on room 7584, I have never had a balcony, couldnt afford it!! Does this look like a good balcony? No obstruction? Also, not even sure who is going with me, hopefully don't have to put a name on it for a while?

Thanks for all help!!

Kelly

your cabin location is fine

no obstruction from your balcony

right in the middle of the fore and mid ship elevators

Congrats on your first balcony

As I posted earlier, we are booked! :)

We've never sailed out of Galveston and I am soon finding it is a logistical headache! Worked all afternoon on hotels, all sold out or way too expensive, most likely because it is Memorial Day weekend.

Booked one hotel at the airport, but really wanted to stay at the cruise port and now trying to find the best transportation to and from the port.

Super shuttle is ok with us.

Galveston experts....Any suggestions? ;)

Galveston is a PITA to cruise out of compared to LA/SD or the Florida ports

One reason I never did being from SF

Now that it is a drive to port 6 months of the year It is great

Hotels In Galveston are pricey especially on Holiday weekends

My favorite hotel in Galveston for cruising is the Harbor House

Here are some photos http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35491298&postcount=23

They usually have a 2 night minimum but if not sold out a few weeks prior they will do single nights.

But that goes for most of the hotels on the Island.

The closest cheap hotels will probably be Texas city

Transportation is sometimes cheaper to rent a car for the week and pay for parking

Edited by jonbgd

If I book with Royal tonight, can I transfer to my travel agent at a later time? How much time do I have?

You have 60 days from booking to transfer. You also cannot transfer if you have made final payment, even if you have made final payment ahead of time.

Edited by clarea

Thank you so much for your kindness in sharing your find OP!!! I have a hold on room 7584, I have never had a balcony, couldnt afford it!! Does this look like a good balcony? No obstruction? Also, not even sure who is going with me, hopefully don't have to put a name on it for a while?

Thanks for all help!!

Kelly

Kelly,

7612 is available. HURRY and go snag that one. It's on the hump, and your balcony will be bigger.

Nancy

Galveston is a PITA to cruise out of compared to LA/SD or the Florida ports

One reason I never did being from SF

Now that it is a drive to port 6 months of the year It is great

Hotels In Galveston are pricey especially on Holiday weekends

My favorite hotel in Galveston for cruising is the Harbor House

Here are some photos http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=35491298&postcount=23

They usually have a 2 night minimum but if not sold out a few weeks prior they will do single nights.

But that goes for most of the hotels on the Island.

The closest cheap hotels will probably be Texas city

Transportation is sometimes cheaper to rent a car for the week and pay for parking

TY...love those pictures!

I will work on this again tomorrow

Hi I bought a next cruise certificate in nov 2013 I paid 100 for it I want to book the navigator cruise on nov 2 2014 what would be the deposit? They have inside cabins at $379 a person

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi I bought a next cruise certificate in nov 2013 I paid 100 for it I want to book the navigator cruise on nov 2 2014 what would be the deposit? They have inside cabins at $379 a person

The deposit for an inside cabin would be $100 per person. Since you have already put down $100 (your deposit), then you would need to put down another $100 for any other guests in the stateroom besides yourself.

Edited by clarea

So $100.00 a person even though it's a 7nt cruise?

Yes, that's one of the perks of the Next Cruise certificate. Any stateroom less than a Grand Suite has a deposit of $100 per person, regardless of cruise length.

Yes, that's one of the perks of the Next Cruise certificate. Any stateroom less than a Grand Suite has a deposit of $100 per person, regardless of cruise length.

While on the subject doesn't that also cover friends and family or is that just for the OBC?

While on the subject doesn't that also cover friends and family or is that just for the OBC?

Next Cruise Certificates purchased after March 2013 don't have the Friends & Family deal anymore. They changed the terms and now you can transfer the certificate once to anyone, as long as it's not yet been assigned to a cruise.

your cabin location is fine

no obstruction from your balcony

right in the middle of the fore and mid ship elevators

Congrats on your first balcony

Thanks so much, I appreciate your help!!

My room is 8644, I had the wrong one!! Is this a good one?

Kelly,

7612 is available. HURRY and go snag that one. It's on the hump, and your balcony will be bigger.

Nancy

Darn, by the time I called it was gone!! But my room is now 8644..hope its ok

Thank you so much for trying, I really appreciate it!!

Kelly

Thanks so much, I appreciate your help!!

My room is 8644, I had the wrong one!! Is this a good one?

Nothing wrong with 8644. You have staterooms above and below. Reasonably close to the elevator lobby.

Holy Cow!! I looked at this earlier today, and there were no Jr Suites available, but looked again tonight, and lo and behold, there were 3!! YEAH!! My sister and I will be on this sailing!! Or at least I hope we will.....I put the cabin on hold, tried to call RC to put down the deposit, and they are on holiday???? What are the chances that we will actually be able to cruise on this one????

Barb

Darn, by the time I called it was gone!! But my room is now 8644..hope its ok

Thank you so much for trying, I really appreciate it!!

Kelly

You actually have a bigger cabin now good job