Combining promotions???

Gaynors

Was wondering if we book a "reserved" future cruise while on the Constellation this week would we be able to get the onboard booking bonus, plus the 123 promotion, PLUS use a captains club coupon for the cruise we are looking at?

From what I can tell it should be no problem to combine the onboard booking with the 123, just not sure about also using the Captain Club coupon. Every little bit helps :eek:;)

One of the sailings we are looking at the June 8th Summit cruise to Bermuda.

Was wondering if we book a "reserved" future cruise while on the Constellation this week would we be able to get the onboard booking bonus, plus the 123 promotion, PLUS use a captains club coupon for the cruise we are looking at?

From what I can tell it should be no problem to combine the onboard booking with the 123, just not sure about also using the Captain Club coupon. Every little bit helps :eek:;)

One of the sailings we are looking at the June 8th Summit cruise to Bermuda.

Hi Gaynor,

As long as you choose the "Reserved" booking option, where you select your ship, sailing date & cabin, you can combine the shipboard OBC with 1 other offer, meaning you can choose one of the 123GO perks. I highly doubt you can also use the Captains Club coupon, but you can always submit it, and see what happens. It never hurts to ask.

I hope this is helpful, and have a great time on Constellation. Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

Thanks for your response!

We were trying to decide between the June 1st sailing and the June 8th sailing. Rates are very similar for both dates, but only the 8th has a Captains Club coupon. If we could use the Captains Club coupon in addition to everything else we would definitely choose the 8th. I guess we'll just ask and see :). Like you said it can't hurt to try.

Host Andy, you now can combine the Cruise Later (old Open Passage) Future Cruise option with one other promotion so it need not be the Reserve Now option, but the OBC is less, starts at $50 and has a maximum of $200. This change happened this past Fall I believe.

attachment.php?attachmentid=296998&d=1388506987

DSC09008.jpg.d73ccde11fd7fe2587f6aeb50766b105.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Host Andy, you now can combine the Cruise Later (old Open Passage) Future Cruise option with one other promotion so it need not be the Reserve Now option, but the OBC is less, starts at $50 and has a maximum of $200. This change happened this past Fall I believe.

Hi Rob,

Thanks very much for the additional information, though I'm a bit puzzled. I specifically asked about this a few weeks ago on Eclipse, and was told that the open passage was not eligible for the 1 other promotion option. Also, I'm not seeing it mentioned on the document I have in hand. How old is the document you've posted ?

In the meantime, I will be happy to ask, but it will probably take a couple of days to obtain a confirmed answer. Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

Host Andy, I got it on our Century Hawaii cruise that we returned from earlier this month.

Thanks Rob. I hope your document is correct, but I'm trying to obtain confirmation. Please give me a couple of days. Thanks !

It better be correct as that is the form I used to book this and why I did the Cruise Later option deposit since I wasn't ready to book an specific cruise. It was to replace an old Open Passage I had used for that cruise. The old OP had more generous OBC but couldn't be combined with one promotion like the new Cruise Later program could. If it hadn't been for that feature I wouldn't have gotten this.

Here's a link to the referenced form and the specifics of the Program

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/13033187_CEL_Onboard_Passages_Form.pdf

Hi Wpgcruise,

I have this particular document in hand, and opted not to post the link in my reply. Reason being, there's no mention of the combining of 1 other promo, in the open passages section. I'm hoping this document is not up to date, and I'm looking into it. Stay Tuned !

Actually the following is in the small print, the section under the blue box for "Enter Your Travel Partner Name Here"

Program is combinable with one additional offer of your choice available up to the final payment due date. Program applicable to new individual Celebrity Cruise bookings only made on or after August 1, 2013.

And further on ,under the Open Passages section "Open Passage is combinable with one additional offer of your choice at time of booking the specific ship and departure date".

Edited by WpgCruise

Hi Wpgcruise,

I have this particular document in hand, and opted not to post the link in my reply. Reason being, there's no mention of the combining of 1 other promo, in the open passages section. I'm hoping this document is not up to date, and I'm looking into it. Stay Tuned !

Andy, the document from above is dated 7/13. We picked up the same form Rob has when we were on the Constellation a couple of weeks ago and it is dated 11/13.

This is the "enlarged" fine print:

Open Passages program enrollment provides guests with an onboard credit for use on a future cruise; enrollment does not guarantee stateroom or sailing availability or cruise price, which are determined at the time of booking. To enroll in the Open Passages Program, guest must book an Open Passage and pay a $100 per person non-refundable deposit; an additional deposit applies to suite categories when redeemed for a Reserved Passage. International deposit amounts may vary. Amount of onboard credit ranges from $50 - $200 USD per stateroom and is determined at time of booking based on length of sailing (minimum 4 night sailing) and category of stateroom/suite, see insert for onboard credit amounts. Maximum one onboard credit per stateroom to be applied to the future cruise. Program offer applies to price programs that begin with FST, LOY, TR, SRS, GRPX. Program offer excludes all other price programs and discounted rates. Single occupancy guests and cruise portion of Cruise Tours are eligible for offers. Onboard credit has no cash value, not redeemable for cash and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Open Passage account/booking does not expire and is not applicable to certain restricted fares. Up to three (3) Open Passages future cruises may be booked (back to back sailings require one booking for each cruise to be reserved). Open Passages are transferable to other guests. Open Passage is combinable with one additional offer of your choice at time of booking the specific ship and departure date. Program applicable to new individual Celebrity Cruise bookings made on or after August 1, 2013. Reservations may be transferred into non-contracted groups. Individual enrollment may be converted and applied to a group booking. Your Open Passage booking will be attributed to the travel partner associated with your current cruise booking. However, if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative arrangement, please indicate this by marking the box on this form. Please see your Future Cruise sales team for details. Modern Luxury is a trademark of Celebrity Cruises Inc. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

Celebrity Cruises Inc. Ships registered in Malta and Equador. 13033187 * 7/2013

Edited by gimletgal

We just completed our Eclipse cruise (great by the way, crew was absolutely awesome) and we booked another cruise while on board. Because we booked a specific date and ship, we received the appropriate on board credit, one other choice and we were given a catgory upgrade. We are Elite but don't think that triggered it, but being a Captain Club member triggered the one catgory upgrade which saved us another $300. There was some special ending 12/31/13 so that might be the one. I don't have the paperwork here that stated all that. Just thought some of this might be useful info.

Andy, the document from above is dated 7/13. We picked up the same form Rob has when we were on the Constellation a couple of weeks ago and it is dated 11/13.

Thanks Oville & others for posting. That seems to resolve my earlier comment, and the newer document makes it clear. Happy New Year !

Edited by Host Andy

We just completed our Eclipse cruise (great by the way, crew was absolutely awesome) and we booked another cruise while on board. Because we booked a specific date and ship, we received the appropriate on board credit, one other choice and we were given a catgory upgrade. We are Elite but don't think that triggered it, but being a Captain Club member triggered the one catgory upgrade which saved us another $300. There was some special ending 12/31/13 so that might be the one. I don't have the paperwork here that stated all that. Just thought some of this might be useful info.

The same thing happened to us in May! Great incentive for the Baltics!

Very timely info for us. We are hoping to book a cruise using an old open passages and get the 1,2,3 go and captains club upgrade. There is a resident fare being offered. Is that doable?

Sorry, but the resident rate cannot be used.

Very timely info for us. We are hoping to book a cruise using an old open passages and get the 1,2,3 go and captains club upgrade. There is a resident fare being offered. Is that doable?

We were just able to book a cruise within a group rate, received one of the 123 perks, were given the cabin upgrade, reduced deposit and the 25 bonus points. We were told we couldn't access a senior rate.

Please clarify for me.

I understand the changes to the open passage, but I am still confused about the use of the older open passages.

The older versions have a higher OBC feature than the new ones especially on TAs, but they could not be combined with other offers.

I know that Celebrity is allowing us (not sure if everyone in every market) to us the older previously purchased open passage and combine them with one other offer. When you do this do you still get the higher OBC feature of the older open passages? Or do you have to take the lower level of OBC of the new version?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you in advance for your clarification. I am trying to decide if I should keep my old ones for TAs and just buy some new ones. (Or possible book on board)

Hi Rob,

Thanks very much for the additional information, though I'm a bit puzzled. I specifically asked about this a few weeks ago on Eclipse, and was told that the open passage was not eligible for the 1 other promotion option. Also, I'm not seeing it mentioned on the document I have in hand. How old is the document you've posted ?

In the meantime, I will be happy to ask, but it will probably take a couple of days to obtain a confirmed answer. Happy New Year !

I just booked using an Open Booking/Passage bought in Sept 2013 and was able to get 123Go Promo, X OBC and TA OBC.

However, I booked a specific cruise/ship/date on-board and could not transfer that to a new cruise/ship/date and get the 123Go Promo.

I personally believe that no one at X (Reps) really know what the policy is or what can be done.

Please clarify for me.

I understand the changes to the open passage, but I am still confused about the use of the older open passages.

The older versions have a higher OBC feature than the new ones especially on TAs, but they could not be combined with other offers.

I know that Celebrity is allowing us (not sure if everyone in every market) to us the older previously purchased open passage and combine them with one other offer. When you do this do you still get the higher OBC feature of the older open passages? Or do you have to take the lower level of OBC of the new version?

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you in advance for your clarification. I am trying to decide if I should keep my old ones for TAs and just buy some new ones. (Or possible book on board)

Your question definitely makes sense. :) My thinking is it is probably the new OBC structure (since they're allowing the combinability) but am not 100% sure.