JR Suites on Independence?

Can anyone tell me if the JR suites on the Independence have lounge chairs on the balconies? We are in E1's right now but JRs had a large price drop on our sailing and we are thinking about upgrading. :confused:

Thanks Bob.

The jr suites actually went down to what we paid for the E1 but it is a senior rate so we would have to swap a couple people in cabins so we can all take advantage of the rate. Not sure if its worth all the hassle. I'm thinking it is worth the hassle :D

Edited by whitshel

Can anyone tell me if the JR suites on the Independence have lounge chairs on the balconies? We are in E1's right now but JRs had a large price drop on our sailing and we are thinking about upgrading. :confused:

We were on the Indie last month. We had an aft JS. It was an extra large deck and we had 2 chairs, 2 lounge chairs & a small table.

Enjoy your cruise....we loved ours.

Thanks Bob.

The jr suites actually went down to what we paid for the E1 but it is a senior rate so we would have to swap a couple people in cabins so we can all take advantage of the rate. Not sure if its worth all the hassle. I'm thinking it is worth the hassle :D

It would be worth the hassle to us to get a free upgrade to a JS.:)

We did it, moved 2 people so all of our cabins got the senior rate and we now have 3 JR Suites on deck 10, all in a row. Woohoo! Only $136 more than our E1.

One more quick question, I have seen posted that JR Suites have a coffee maker and a tea kettle in them, is this true on Indy and is the coffee maker a Kurig or just a regular brewer? My wife makes her Ice Tea in our Kerig at home so she hoping she can do the same on the ship.

Thanks Again!!:D

It varies by ship and Captain. Last week on the Liberty there were no loungers on any of the aft balconies. I asked the steward about getting one and he said the captain had ordered them removed for safety reasons. He did tell us that while he couldn't get us one that we should just borrow one ourselves. We borrowed two.:)

It varies by ship and Captain. Last week on the Liberty there were no loungers on any of the aft balconies. I asked the steward about getting one and he said the captain had ordered them removed for safety reasons. He did tell us that while he couldn't get us one that we should just borrow one ourselves. We borrowed two.:)

Haha nice!! :D can I ask how u borrowed one? I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking down the halls with a lounger :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Haha nice!! :D can I ask how u borrowed one? I don't think I've ever seen anyone walking down the halls with a lounger :rolleyes:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Me on one end my DW on the other. From the pool deck down one flight of stairs and all the way to the back and yes we did get a couple of strange looks.

Me on one end my DW on the other. From the pool deck down one flight of stairs and all the way to the back and yes we did get a couple of strange looks.

That is too funny!!:D

I guess if we dont have one, since we are on deck 10 we can hold one over the rail of the pool deck down to our balcony....:o

It wasn't in room 1700 was it where you took the loungers, as we have that corner aft in a couple weeks. I was going to do the same thing if there wasn't any loungers on our balcony, go up to the upper deck and get a couple loungers! It is strange on the Liberty that they don't allow loungers on the aft cabins, all of that room on the balcony and no furniture!:mad::rolleyes

We have had loungers on all of our aft balconies over the years.

Keith

It wasn't in room 1700 was it where you took the loungers, as we have that corner aft in a couple weeks. I was going to do the same thing if there wasn't any loungers on our balcony, go up to the upper deck and get a couple loungers! It is strange on the Liberty that they don't allow loungers on the aft cabins, all of that room on the balcony and no furniture!:mad::rolleyes

We have had loungers on all of our aft balconies over the years.

Keith

Next door. We had 1702. If your cabin steward is Jose say hello to him for us. Ken, Vikki, Sarah and Toby. He was great. If you have a GO PRO camera there may also be a mount attached to the metal balcony divider that separates 1700 from 1702. Enjoy. :)

No Keurig machines in the cabin. They are the drip type coffee makers which we never used. Just easier to order room service and have a fresh pot delivered.

The hot water kettle is separate from the coffee maker and again we did not use ours. It looks a bit cruddy to me when I inspected it and thought better to keep clear of it. The outside of it has some type of residue like duct tape would leave behind.

Still, loved the aft balcony. Cant wait till we do Alaska again and can sit on our balcony while going in circles at the glaciers.

We were on the Independence last month. 1-Cup Coffee Pot (w/ 4-cup seattle's bestpack) and a tea kettle (European Plug).

Our Assistant Waiter told us that they no longer have their contract w/ Seattle's best. During our cruise, the disposable coffee cups with the Seattle's Best logo were replaced w/ plain disposable cups.

Next door. We had 1702. If your cabin steward is Jose say hello to him for us. Ken, Vikki, Sarah and Toby. He was great. If you have a GO PRO camera there may also be a mount attached to the metal balcony divider that separates 1700 from 1702. Enjoy. :)

We will have to look for the mount, was it a self-adhesive type or a suction mount?

We had the Ben & Jerry's Suite when we first booked, but the wife couldn't see herself on a cruise without a balcony {balcony snob}:rolleyes::eek::D, so I waited till there were price drops a couple weeks ago and found room 1700 for the same price so we jumped at the chance to get a corner aft balcony. Our son and a couple of his friends booked this cruise also and has room 7408, so we have the two best cabins on the aft!:D:D:

Keith