When should Celebrity or any cruise company disclose ...

aquaclass

Not sure how it would work, but for sure there could be some changes and notifications.

There does not have to be specific identification of groups nature or size, but I like idea of knowing that public spaces that I would like to use during prime times for that venue are not going to be available.

Not sure how it would work, but for sure there could be some changes and notifications.

There does not have to be specific identification of groups nature or size, but I like idea of knowing that public spaces that I would like to use during prime times for that venue are not going to be available.

That would be sensible, but I cannot see them doing that either.:D

What is an American Girls cruise, to which some have alluded?

I Googled it and a 2011 date kept popping up on the Eclipse. Some on this board have referred to it on a few occasions. I'm curious.

I'm not! I would be furious if my personal info was shared. However don't you think they should let their customers know if their vacation will be impacted by restricted venues, dining times or any changes in established rules?

Just not sure how you could do it without ignoring a passengers right to privacy though. If you do it for one person (or one group), don't you have to treat all passengers the same?

That opens up a real Pandora's box. I wish they would tell me before I board a 15 hour flight that there will be 2 small kids were in the business class cabin, or that a hotel I reserved 7 months in advance was holding a Tequila Lovers weekend (both happened to me) when we arrived, but not sure in either case how the respective airline or hotel could have done anything about it, nor would I have expected them to.

I Googled it and a 2011 date kept popping up on the Eclipse. Some on this board have referred to it on a few occasions. I'm curious.

I think people on that cruise brought their dolls and treated them like real people.:confused:

Just not sure how you could do it without ignoring a passengers right to privacy though. If you do it for one person (or one group), don't you have to treat all passengers the same?

That opens up a real Pandora's box. I wish they would tell me before I board a 15 hour flight that there will be 2 small kids were in the business class cabin, or that a hotel I reserved 7 months in advance was holding a Tequila Lovers weekend (both happened to me) when we arrived, but not sure in either case how the respective airline or hotel could have done anything about it, nor would I have expected them to.

This will never happen unless that book the whole ship.:D

character.jsp?cm_re=contextualnav-_-historicalcharacter-_-carolineandbook

I'll bet you don't have daughters or granddaughters.

They are the must have doll around here.

http://store.americangirl.com/agshop/static/dolls.jsp

There are American Girl stores in several places (we've been to the one in Chicago) and you can have lunch or tea with your doll, have your doll's hair done, etc., etc.

Apparently on that cruise the girls took seats for their dolls (which is actually understandable since they booked the cruise specifically because it was marketed that way) and the poor unsuspecting other passengers were really inconvenienced.

This is a perfect example , to me, of something that should have been made clear in advance to everyone who booked that cruise!

character.jsp?cm_re=contextualnav-_-historicalcharacter-_-carolineandbook

Little girls and their dolls sounds innocuous.

But little girls and their dolls who they think of as human (and thus take up the space of an extra passenger_) isn't so cute to anyone who thought they were going on a relaxing adult vacation.

My daughters had these dolls and now my granddaughters have them. They're cute to me but I certainly wouldn't expect another passenger on a cruise to think that!

Edited by chamima

Just did this for our upcoming Reflection cruise and the results are interesting. Apparently there there is both a "church group" and a "knitting group"! I'm hopeful this may result in shorter waits at the bar ;). However, I am concerned that the knitters (knit wits?) may have their needles confiscated upon boarding (according to reports posted in a recent thread about disallowed items). Was also pleased to hear I will not be part of the Oak Ridge Boys "Rally at Sea II Cruise" which is on the ship the week prior.

oh oh...I'm on the Oakridge Boy cruise...will this be a problem cruise? I can't find it by googling ship/date. Do you think there will be a large number of groupies attending?

Edited by oceangoer2

oh oh...I'm on the Oakridge Boy cruise...is this bad news?

Last year we were on a Star Wars convention cruise.

I was worried so I googled the cruise - found the phone number for information for the cruise and called them, pretending to be interested in signing up.

I found out there were about a hundred people signed up .

It didn't impact the cruise at all.

It's all about the number of people in the group.

Google "Oak Ridge Boys" cruise and call.

You may find it's a small number of people and it won't matter at all.

oh oh...I'm on the Oakridge Boy cruise...will this be a problem cruise? I can't find it by googling ship/date. Do you think there will be a large number of groupies attending?

I'm sorry, I haven't the slightest idea as I'll be a cruise virgin until the first week in March. The comment simply stemmed from my utter disdain for the band and its style of music.

http://www.oakridgeboys.com/rally

As I said, call and pretend to be interested in joining the cruise. Just ask how many participants they currently have.

Event:

Oak Ridge Boys Rally-at-Sea II Cruise (2/22-3/1) 2014

Start:

February 22, 2014

End:

March 1, 2014

Updated:

May 6, 2012

Venue:

Celebrity Reflection

Phone:

888-711-7447

Address:

departing Port of Miami, Miami, FL, 33132, United States

http://www.cruise-eta.com/event/oak-ridge-boys-cruise-228-34-2013/

Edited by chamima

As I said, call and pretend to be interested in joining the cruise. Just ask how many participants they currently have.

Event:

Oak Ridge Boys Rally-at-Sea II Cruise (2/22-3/1) 2014

Start:

February 22, 2014

End:

March 1, 2014

Updated:

May 6, 2012

Venue:

Celebrity Reflection

Phone:

888-711-7447

Address:

departing Port of Miami, Miami, FL, 33132, United States

http://www.cruise-eta.com/event/oak-ridge-boys-cruise-228-34-2013/

Or you could just call and pretend to be yourself and just ask them :)

It looks to be a pretty rowdy group, I'm thinking Woodstock at sea

Oak Ridge Boys Cruise

Edited by johhnnyt

Lots of motorcycle cruises coming Celebrity's way over the next few months, including the Equinox sailing January 10 - 20 and the Eclipse sailing February 8 - 22. We embark on the 22nd, so we'll miss out on the chance to see what travel with this group will be like.

Lots of motorcycle cruises coming Celebrity's way over the next few months, including the Equinox sailing January 10 - 20 and the Eclipse sailing February 8 - 22. We embark on the 22nd, so we'll miss out on the chance to see what travel with this group will be like.

We were surrounded on a land vacation by a convention with 40,000 bikers.

To our surprise and delight, they were happy spending their money, polite to servers, interested in conversations, well-mannered, and wore clean clothes.

jls

We were on a cruise with the motorcycle group (not a part of the group) and they were a lot of fun and rather quiet. All ages...attorneys, pilots and even an FBI agent. Not quite your Hells Angels type crowd.

We're on the Feb. 8th Eclipse sailing.

I think there are about 40 "bikers".

As I said before, it's all about the size of the group. I can't think of any venue that 40 people will take over! ;)

We were surrounded on a land vacation by a convention with 40,000 bikers.

To our surprise and delight, they were happy spending their money, polite to servers, interested in conversations, well-mannered, and wore clean clothes.

jls

I agree. There are still some "undesirables" out there on bikes, but the majority that I encounter are everyday people who enjoy riding and getting together with likeminded friends.

When the group is a nudist group.

The hard part would be deciding whether I should have my glasses cleaned or frosted over if a group like that was on my cruise.

Now that's one I hadn't thought about ----- :D;)

Our very first cruise was attended by a group of funeral directors. Interesting dinner conversations since we were all seated mixed.

We left thinking all cruises were quiet and calm.

Made me laugh out loud - sorry but thanks for the giggles ----:)