Info needed on 1st 14 day cruise

We usually do 7 night cruises but will be going on our first 14 day cruise this year. I was wondering are the menus in the main dining room different for each of the 14 nights or do they repeat after one week, same question with regard to the entertainment too. Also, how many formal nights will there be? Any other tips/information we should be aware of!!!

We did a 14 day repositioning cruise on the Jewel.

There were three formal nights. No they did not repeat the menu on the second week and they did not repeat the entertainment. (As happens on b2b)

It was great cruise. Enjoy.

My first introduction to cruising was a 14 night San Juan-Barcelona in April 2012. I loved it so much that I took one this past April 15 nights from New Orleans-Rome and am going on another from Santos(Sao Paulo) Brazil to Barcelona.

Be prepared for the fun sea days. Go to the main dining room for lunch on sea days and enjoy their Tutti Salad bar and great entrees etc. You are first seated and then you can go up as much as your heart desires to this delicious salad bar.

I love participating in the events and night disco dancing/70s party etc.

The three formal nights were nice and we felt that this was an appropriate number given the length of the cruise.

What you don't realize is there is so much going on from the Art Auctions to port overviews and music etc that you may forget your on a cruise. That is until you go up on deck and walk around the track.

The fitness center and Solarium(Adult only pool) are great places to be especially on the long sea days. I take the stairs as often as possible to avoid waiting for the elevator and to keep my weight in check.

I can't think of anything better than going on a 14 night cruise. I have spent 17 days in Hawaii and while that was nice nothing compares to a cruise.

Be sure you have your Crown and Anchor number linked to your reservation.

Arrive at least the day before if not earlier to your port destination so you won't miss the boat if you flight is delayed.

Also at your final destination of the cruise spend a couple of days there as well or even overnight to avoid any rush or delays getting home.

Be sure to look over the Cruise Compass and bring along a highlighter and highlight what activities look interesting. They tend to over plan so there is literally more than one event happening at the same time.

Go and watch the movie if there is a movie screen up on deck and the weather is nice you can sit in the pool or enjoy a drink and watch a movie.

If your ship has the Park Cafe located in the Solarium go there as they have a variety of sandwiches(including the famous Roaststbeef Sandwich which is not on the menu) . In the morning they have a Bagel Bar and breakfast sandwiches pastries etc. For lunch they have sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts as well as snacks throughout the day.

There is also a coffee, tea and hot chocolate station with water and juices located in the Park Cafe. So if your in the Solarium you can grab coffee and take it with you to your loungechair with a snack.

Overall you will have so much fun that you will want to book your next 14 night cruise on board. Plus you unpack only once.

We usually do 7 night cruises but will be going on our first 14 day cruise this year. I was wondering are the menus in the main dining room different for each of the 14 nights or do they repeat after one week, same question with regard to the entertainment too. Also, how many formal nights will there be? Any other tips/information we should be aware of!!!

The menus will be different every day, but there will probably be repeats of various entrees. The combinations will be different.

My first introduction to cruising was a 14 night San Juan-Barcelona in April 2012. I loved it so much that I took one this past April 15 nights from New Orleans-Rome and am going on another from Santos(Sao Paulo) Brazil to Barcelona.

Be prepared for the fun sea days. Go to the main dining room for lunch on sea days and enjoy their Tutti Salad bar and great entrees etc. You are first seated and then you can go up as much as your heart desires to this delicious salad bar.

I love participating in the events and night disco dancing/70s party etc.

The three formal nights were nice and we felt that this was an appropriate number given the length of the cruise.

What you don't realize is there is so much going on from the Art Auctions to port overviews and music etc that you may forget your on a cruise. That is until you go up on deck and walk around the track.

The fitness center and Solarium(Adult only pool) are great places to be especially on the long sea days. I take the stairs as often as possible to avoid waiting for the elevator and to keep my weight in check.

I can't think of anything better than going on a 14 night cruise. I have spent 17 days in Hawaii and while that was nice nothing compares to a cruise.

Be sure you have your Crown and Anchor number linked to your reservation.

Arrive at least the day before if not earlier to your port destination so you won't miss the boat if you flight is delayed.

Also at your final destination of the cruise spend a couple of days there as well or even overnight to avoid any rush or delays getting home.

Be sure to look over the Cruise Compass and bring along a highlighter and highlight what activities look interesting. They tend to over plan so there is literally more than one event happening at the same time.

Go and watch the movie if there is a movie screen up on deck and the weather is nice you can sit in the pool or enjoy a drink and watch a movie.

If your ship has the Park Cafe located in the Solarium go there as they have a variety of sandwiches(including the famous Roaststbeef Sandwich which is not on the menu) . In the morning they have a Bagel Bar and breakfast sandwiches pastries etc. For lunch they have sandwiches, salads, soups and desserts as well as snacks throughout the day.

There is also a coffee, tea and hot chocolate station with water and juices located in the Park Cafe. So if your in the Solarium you can grab coffee and take it with you to your loungechair with a snack.

Overall you will have so much fun that you will want to book your next 14 night cruise on board. Plus you unpack only once.

I just had to say that this is such a wonderful post! Very detailed and its nice to see someone take the time to reply like this. I thank you as I will hold onto this info for our future 14 day cruise!

Many many thanks for your replies especially the detailed response from TravelPlus. I was hoping that everything would be different and not just a repeat of the first week as can happen on B2Bs. Really looking forward to it now. Many thanks again.:)

I just had to say that this is such a wonderful post! Very detailed and its nice to see someone take the time to reply like this. I thank you as I will hold onto this info for our future 14 day cruise!

Most of what was said is actually not specific to long cruises though. Almost everything mentioned is good advice for any cruise.

The only thing I disagree with is the need to stay additional days after the cruise. I can think of nothing worse than suitcases full of dirty clothes! (Unless, of course, your port city is part of your vacation plans!!) You can easily get home the same day you leave the ship without rushing!!!

You are MOST welcome excited1stcruise. Should you have any further questions please don't hesitate to shoot me a private message. I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

You are MOST welcome excited1stcruise. Should you have any further questions please don't hesitate to shoot me a private message. I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner.

The private messaging function is not available on this message board.

Please join us on our very active Roll Call.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1848442