Balcony divider btw 1100 and 1102 on serenade?

sr5242

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked to death. But I googled it and did not find the answer. I have reserved 1100 and 1102 on the Serenade, and was wondering if the balcony divider between those two cabins opens up. I remember on the enchantment years ago we were able to open the divider between our aft balconies. Thanks

Edited by sr5242

I apologize in advance if this question has been asked to death. But I googled it and did not find the answer. I have reserved 1100 and 1102 on the Serenade, and was wondering if the balcony divider between those two cabins opens up. I remember on the enchantment years ago we were able to open the divider between our aft balconies. Thanks

Love the #1100 and as many times as I've been in it I can't remember :eek:;)

I want to say that the balcony dividers don't open on Radiance class.

We were just in 1100 on Serenade. I don't think they open anywhere on the ship, but they definitely don't open on the aft. They are welded in place, and of such a length, that if they did pivot, they would block your neighbor's access out the door to the balcony. :)

We were just in 1100 on Serenade. I don't think they open anywhere on the ship, but they definitely don't open on the aft. They are welded in place, and of such a length, that if they did pivot, they would block your neighbor's access out the door to the balcony. :)

Hi Coraic

Maybe you can share your comments on this thread of your experience in 1100. Would love to read your thoughts! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1223724

Dolfans from Miami

Thanks everyone. We actually decided to combine the four of us into the one JS 1100 and released 1102. If it was a connecting room maybe, but I don't think my kids are ready to be completely on their own yet.

Hi Coraic

Maybe you can share your comments on this thread of your experience in 1100. Would love to read your thoughts! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1223724

Dolfans from Miami

Thank you Dolfans. There are already reviews of Radiance 1100 and probably Serenade 1100 on that thread.

It is a great balcony on the corner aft. :D 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table and plenty of extra room. It's a JS with the walk in closet and tub, sofa and chair with ottoman. The windjammer noise didn't really bother us, because we sleep pretty soundly and the noises were of short duration. The balcony is hot out there in the Caribbean, though...and there isn't much of a shade overhang. :)

Thank you Dolfans. There are already reviews of Radiance 1100 and probably Serenade 1100 on that thread.

It is a great balcony on the corner aft. :D 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table and plenty of extra room. It's a JS with the walk in closet and tub, sofa and chair with ottoman. The windjammer noise didn't really bother us, because we sleep pretty soundly and the noises were of short duration. The balcony is hot out there in the Caribbean, though...and there isn't much of a shade overhang. :)

Thank you so much, Coralc, for the information on this cabin! We are looking forward to it for our Med/Greek Isles cruise at the end of May. We have sailed in the aft on Radiance class ships but never in a corner aft. The center afts do have large/deep balconies with a nice overhang which we love, but wanted to experience the corner location and JS cabin. Hopefully, we will not be disappointed! Thank you again and happy cruising!

Dolfans from Miami

Hi Patti....we'll be in 1100 for b2b cruises on Serenade starting on Jan 25. I know you took good care of her for us. Did you hear much noise from above? We were in 1602 in May and more noise than I'd have liked....especially the last night around 11pm.

Hi Patti....we'll be in 1100 for b2b cruises on Serenade starting on Jan 25. I know you took good care of her for us. Did you hear much noise from above? We were in 1602 in May and more noise than I'd have liked....especially the last night around 11pm.

Hi Sue! No...we really didn't hear that much noise. It is just a theory, but I think that because Rita's Cantina is on the port side, that not that many people realize that they can walk through to the back for the open Windjammer seating. And when they do walk back there, they enter from the open starboard side and more tend to find seating on that side.

It was no where near as noisy over 1100 as it used to be when both sides to the aft dining/seating were easily accessible. We still had a couple of French fries and napkins on the balcony, but not a big deal.

Enjoy your cruise, and congratulations on the milestone! :D

~Patti :D

Hi Sue! No...we really didn't hear that much noise. It is just a theory, but I think that because Rita's Cantina is on the port side, that not that many people realize that they can walk through to the back for the open Windjammer seating. And when they do walk back there, they enter from the open starboard side and more tend to find seating on that side.

It was no where near as noisy over 1100 as it used to be when both sides to the aft dining/seating were easily accessible. We still had a couple of French fries and napkins on the balcony, but not a big deal.

Enjoy your cruise, and congratulations on the milestone! :D

~Patti :D

Thanks.....we definitely plan to enjoy both cruises. It's our first time in 1100 and I know we'll love it! Glad to hear you didn't have much noise.