2015 itineraries

trickyoat

The Island Princess in Alaska can be cancelled easily and then be moved to Europe. Remember that Venice is banning cruise ships that exceeds 96,000 tons beginning in December 2014, so the Island will be the one that likely does the Barcelona to Venice sailings next year.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The Island and Coral are both over 90000 tons (exactly 91,560 tons)

I was hoping to try Princess in the Med next year, but there is no way living in the UK that I want to do a cruise around the UK. For all those thinking about it, be prepared for cold weather, rough seas and lots of rain, any sunshine is a bonus. Yes the UK has some beautiful countryside, but it tends to be cold and wet, even in the summer. Although last year we did manage z80 degrees for three weeks.

I did an around UK cruise last year in August and loved it. We had no rough seas and the weather was typically "British", it was cool, sunny, hot, breezy and a bit rainy (once), all in 12 days. I don't mind variable weather as long as it is dry, you just need to be prepared. I am uncomfortable in really hot weather anyway, especially when sightseeing.

I loved seeing visiting new and interesting places, especially the Titanic Museum in Belfast, Cobh, Liverpool and going to see the Edinburgh Tattoo. I would certainly do the cruise again.

I think most people who do this cruise are more interested in the historical sights and countryside and whilst it would be nice to have warm sunny days for the entire cruise, I feel most people are realistic about the what the weather will be like when they come to the UK.

Royal Princess doing Round UK cruises in 2015, now booked 3 times into Kirkwall, Orkney en-route twice from Greenock to Invergordon, and later in September from Belfast to Invergordon.

Ruby also routed with similar cruises round UK. Incidentally Ruby booked something like 9 times into Le Harve on what looks like Round UK cruises in 2016, so it seems demand for this route is well and truly on the up!

Thanks for the info.

Hi @all,

today I got an info via Princess' facebook page that RUBY PRINCESS will do a South America trip in 2015!

The whole 49 day trip from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles via Rio de Janeiro and Santiago de Chile will be from Jan - March 2015 and takes 49 days - it will be possible to book parts, for example from Rio to Santiago.

the trip will be open for booking the 13th of Feb 2014.

Surely it will be the same schedule as for CROWN PRINCESS in 2014, and RUBY will do the 7 night Glacier Voyage between Vancouver and Whittier than.

So I guess ISLAND will leave Alaska...

Edited by celebrity_fan

Hi @all,

today I got an info via Princess' facebook page that RUBY PRINCESS will do a South America trip in 2015!

The whole 49 day trip from Ft Lauderdale to Los Angeles via Rio de Janeiro and Santiago de Chile will be from Jan - March 2015 and takes 49 days - it will be possible to book parts, for example from Rio to Santiago.

Surely it will be the same schedule as for CROWN PRINCESS in 2014, and RUBY will do the 7 night Glacier Voyage between Vancouver and Whittier than.

My wife and I are booked on Ruby in the Caribbean in Feb March for a special occasion. Therefore surprised that she is down to do South America. Am I reading this wrong. Help is my cruise going to be cancelled.

My wife and I are booked on Ruby in the Caribbean in Feb March for a special occasion. Therefore surprised that she is down to do South America. Am I reading this wrong. Help is my cruise going to be cancelled.

Very likely! Same procedure as with CROWN in 2014, where all caribbean cruises planned from Feb-Apr 2014 where replaced by the long South America Trip.

With RUBY they seem to do it in the same way...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi @all,

It has been reported elsewhere that the Island will be in the Med for the 2015 season. She is under the 96,000 tonne limit to be able to sail the Giudecca Canal in Venice after this November. It has also been reported elsewhere she will have a major dry dock that will add another 100 cabins by reducing the size of the Universe Lounge.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi @all,

Thanks for the heads up.

We'd love that! DW and I wanted that cruise for 2014 or '15 but by the time we saw it, there were no more handicapped accessible cabins available (necessary for DW) so we need to book early. If it's true and the price is right, we'll cancel our B2B Panama Canal on the Island and go around the horn instead.

Shalom. Andy.

Was just checking the Funchal cruise port schedule and the Island is scheduled for a stop there on March, 29, 2015 which is just 8 days after her last cruise ends in FLL. If that is true, then it looks like any drydock will be in Europe.

The Emerald also shows 2015 stops in Funchal on 04/30, 10/09 and 10/27. It is interesting that is shows her stopping there twice in October.

Was just checking the Funchal cruise port schedule and the Island is scheduled for a stop there on March, 29, 2015 which is just 8 days after her last cruise ends in FLL. If that is true, then it looks like any drydock will be in Europe.

The Emerald also shows 2015 stops in Funchal on 04/30, 10/09 and 10/27. It is interesting that is shows her stopping there twice in October.

Can you post the link please? I can't find it. Thank you

One thing I noticed - the port schedule for Le Havre shows the Royal Princess coming from Invergordon. On the itinerary used in 2013 and 2014 for the around Britain cruise, the port before Le Havre has been South Queensferry/Edinburgh. Looks like there might be some itinerary changes for 2015. Maybe others have noted this, but I thought it interesting.

The Emerald Princess 4-19 and 4-26 for 2015 were just cancelled.

The current ports for the Caribbean Princess are 9 days to Jamaica and Cozumel with Grand Turk :mad: What are the planners thinking :confused:

No word yet where the Emerald Princess will be for 4-19 and 4-26.

TA said it won't be sorted out til maybe March 15th.

The Emerald Princess 4-19 and 4-26 for 2015 were just cancelled.

The current ports for the Caribbean Princess are 9 days to Jamaica and Cozumel with Grand Turk :mad: What are the planners thinking :confused:

No word yet where the Emerald Princess will be for 4-19 and 4-26.

TA said it won't be sorted out til maybe March 15th.

If I have learned anything over the last few years it is don't book cruises in April at the end of a cruise season unless you can change plans easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser