Pizza????

h20cruzer

IMO I think the new pizza is awful. We were on the constellation TA 11/24/13, heard nothing but complaints. I love CElebrity I would hate to have to take a Princess cruise to get some decent pizza. Celebrity please go back to the old pizza !!

Norma

IMO I think the new pizza is awful. We were on the constellation TA 11/24/13, heard nothing but complaints. I love CElebrity I would hate to have to take a Princess cruise to get some decent pizza. Celebrity please go back to the old pizza !!

Norma

I am really sorry to hear this! I liked the "old" pizza on Celebrity and it was a staple for me, usually at lunch. :( I will try it in April, but if it is truly awful, then I guess I will need to turn to the burgers/hot dogs for lunch. ;)

You're going to cruise on Princess because you like their pizza over Celebrity's???:confused::confused::confused:

I'm torn between Regal Princess or Celebrity Silhouette for my next cruise, and all I keep thinking about is the pizza at Alfredo's. So yes, people have picked one ship over another based on something as simple as that. :D

I'm torn between Regal Princess or Celebrity Silhouette for my next cruise, and all I keep thinking about is the pizza at Alfredo's. So yes, people have picked one ship over another based on something as simple as that. :D

That's pretty funny. :) The closest thing I've had to pizza on Celebrity was their flatbreads with all the toppings at the Lawn Club. :rolleyes:

That's pretty funny. :) The closest thing I've had to pizza on Celebrity was their flatbreads with all the toppings at the Lawn Club. :rolleyes:

Never had it, so I don't know what I missing. I just know that for the six times I ate at Alfredo's in the fourteen days I was aboard Royal Princess, along with the pizza at Prego on Lido Deck, it was simply the best pizza I've ever had on a cruise ship out of 50 cruises. Maybe if the flatbread is that good on Celebrity I need to give them a try? ;)

You're going to cruise on Princess because you like their pizza over Celebrity's???:confused::confused::confused:

People do weird things, you have been around on this board awhile. Do you remember the woman who cancelled her cruise when she found out they served coke products instead of pepsi or vice versa. This was several years ago.

Not knowing much about the Lawn Club on Celebrity, are the flatbreads all complimentary like the menu items are at Alfredo's on Royal Princess?

It's just on Reflection and Silhouette. It's an all-you-can-eat specialty restaurant. Everything is comp except the alcohol. Should you be so inclined, you can even make your own, toss the dough, and cook your own steak/chops. Of course, it's $40-45 per person. We ate there for 1/2 price as they had a special for Blu diners to free up space on busy nights, like embarkation evening. Since it's up on the Lawn area, you can even dine in your shorts & sandals. :)

People do weird things, you have been around on this board awhile. Do you remember the woman who cancelled her cruise when she found out they served coke products instead of pepsi or vice versa. This was several years ago.

That was strange since Celebrity lets you bring your own non-alcoholic soft drinks on board. :)

Sorry to be such a pest, but your post has me confused. What part is complimentary if there is a $40-45pp charge?

It's just on Reflection and Silhouette. It's an all-you-can-eat specialty restaurant. Everything is comp except the alcohol. Should you be so inclined, you can even make your own, toss the dough, and cook your own steak/chops. Of course, it's $40-45 per person. We ate there for 1/2 price as they had a special for Blu diners to free up space on busy nights, like embarkation evening. Since it's up on the Lawn area, you can even dine in your shorts & sandals. :)

There are a few posters who mentioned they were not happy with the pizza in Alfredo's on Royal tho they did state the pizza on the pool deck is still very tasty.

I just finished a Millie cruise in Dec and tried the pizza not bad but not as good as Crown which I was on in Nov.

On Millie I had only one spontaneous slice as I was passing one day and I was on board for 35 days so pizza is definitely not a big deal for me.

Actually I p'd off the Crown pizza guys as I asked them to put it back in the oven and crisp it up more, they were not pleased. There were 4 of us watching Movies under the Stars and we all agreed it was better cooked longer.

I know that pizza consumption seriously cuts into my allotted calories while cruising. I agree that the new pizza offerings are not as good as the made-to-order types that used to be available. We were seldom tempted to try the new pizza instead of the other offerings available. We have just decided that our pizza cravings have to be satisfied prior to sailing.

There are a few posters who mentioned they were not happy with the pizza in Alfredo's on Royal tho they did state the pizza on the pool deck is still very tasty .

On my last Celebrity Millennium cruise the pizza left everything to be desired. It was just not good at all. The pizza at Prego on Royal Princess was a significant improvement over last years version of the same thing on Ruby Princess.

My last six cruises included three from Princess, one from RCI, and three from Celebrity. For my next cruise I had actually looked at Norwegian Breakaway and Carnival Breeze as well. I pick the ship based off the needs of a particular vacation, not just because it's Princess Cruises. This past cruise was my first experience with Alfredo's on Princess and it was great. Being new to the Solstice-class and never having cruised on one my questions regarding the Lawn Club and it's offerings were legitimate inquires so I could compare the two venues. I appreciate the answers I've received from those willing to help.

I guess this were we differ. I would never consider taking Carnival or NCL based on any needs of a particular vacation. And I would never mold my vacation around pizza or a brand of soda. I've done all three lines and find all but Princess to barely tolerable.

I guess this were we differ. I would never consider taking Carnival or NCL based on any needs of a particular vacation. And I would never mold my vacation around pizza or a brand of soda. I've done all three lines and find all but Princess to barely tolerable.

My life, and my vacations, are pretty simple. I'm open to just about any cruise line if the ship fits my needs. Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, and Carnival Breeze were three of the ships I looked at, the others were Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette, and Regal Princess. I narrowed it down to the two I mentioned earlier and while surfing this forum found this thread.

It's been a while since I've regularly posted on the Celebrity Cruises forum and I don't remember all of the 'regulars'. Sorry if I've crossed the line or offended some here.

On my last Celebrity Millennium cruise the pizza left everything to be desired. It was just not good at all. The pizza at Prego on Royal Princess was a significant improvement over last years version of the same thing on Ruby Princess.

Just curious, what do you consider good pizza in your hometown?

My life, and my vacations, are pretty simple. I'm open to just about any cruise line if the ship fits my needs. Norwegian Breakaway, Norwegian Getaway, and Carnival Breeze were three of the ships I looked at, the others were Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Silhouette, and Regal Princess. I narrowed it down to the two I mentioned earlier and while surfing this forum found this thread.

It's been a while since I've regularly posted on the Celebrity Cruises forum and I don't remember all of the 'regulars'. Sorry if I've crossed the line or offended some here.

Apologizing is unnecessary. We're all big boys here and you have offended no one. I always find it intriguing when someone posts they must to have a specific item on their vacation. A big item is usually soda. It seems like life or death if they have to go 7-14 days without their diet caffeine-free Coke. Your comments about pizza made me think. I've had the flatbread pizza at The Lawn Club and it's a great and I will have it again this coming November aboard the Silhouette. But I could live the rest of my life without it.

I'll never forget my first time sailing in to Venice Italy back in the mid 90's. My wife & I got off the ship and were walking the streets of Venice and decided to eat lunch at restaurant that had sidewalk dining. Across this little street was a McDonalds. It seemed like every other passenger off our ship was eating lunch there! You're in a country that's famous for their food half way around the globe and you're eating at McDonalds?? I was amazed!

SDT

But it's the sea that draws me back, after 12 years in the US Navy I feel the constant need to get back to 'where I belong' on the ocean.

So I cruise. The food on the ships and ports of call are just a nice distraction.

Great way to put it! Thanks for the service!

SDT

PS: Mike, aka Wine-O, career navy man himself.

People sometimes like to stop in at Micky D's or someplace similar when traveling for one of a number of reasons - it can be comforting to find something familiar in a strange place (not everyone is real adventurous, even travelers), it is convenient, it is often cheaper than other options, and sometimes just out of curiosity to see if it differs from the same places back home. To each their own - the world would be a very boring place if we were all the same.

But also back to pizza - it has been my experience that the quality of the pizza offerings on Celebrity really vary ship to ship; sailing to sailing. Sometimes we find great pizza (and being from the suburbs of Chicago, we know great pizza:)) and on other cruises it is fair at best. I do agree that regardless of the cruise, fresh is always better. If you don't like what you see, go ahead and ask them to make one up for you - they will be happy to do so, although then of course you need to wait a bit for it to be ready.

Norma

We are just off the Equinox from a crossing from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale. We liked the pizza for a couple of reasons. I don't care for huge portions so I found one slice and salad to be a great lunch. I also liked the variety that was offered. Actually, I am grateful for whatever they served me because I didn't have to cook it. we are looking forward to our next cruise in a few months. :)

I've never had great pizza on any cruise. I've just resigned myself to the fact that good pizza and good bagels are something that I'm not going to find at sea...