Any inexpensive dates and/ships?

zzmmmommy

We would like to take our 4 children on a cruise anywhere between now and the very beginning of March. We can't go on a 7 day, 5 day would be the max and it would need to be Thursday - Monday (my kids can't miss that much school). It seems like end of January is cheaper then February...any advice? We need 2 cabins for the 6 of us so price is definitely important!

Also, I can't seem to find any of the nicer ships leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami - they all seem to be 7 day. Can anyone recommend a really fun 4-5 night cruise out of South Florida for my family?

Thanks so much in advance!

I believe Carnival may be your best bet, likely the cheapest. They have a lot of shorter itineraries, but not as likely to get one of the newer, bigger ships. Those are more likely the 7 day trips. You may have to decide what you're willing to compromise on: length of trip, itinerary, ship or price. Keep in mind you're also traveling at a busy time of year, making the "cheap" part more of a challenge. Your local travel agent can scout around for you, too! I am sure you'll find something nice for your family, just do the research.

We just came off the Ruby Princess with our large extended family (all ages- my kids were the only little ones in the family)- not impressed and very little for the kids to do. I was hoping to find something more geared towards them.

Celebrity Constellation and Ruby Princess have been doing four day cruises from FLL, Thurs to Monday. go to their websites and sign up for email specials. EM

We would like to take our 4 children on a cruise anywhere between now and the very beginning of March. We can't go on a 7 day, 5 day would be the max and it would need to be Thursday - Monday (my kids can't miss that much school). It seems like end of January is cheaper then February...any advice? We need 2 cabins for the 6 of us so price is definitely important!

Also, I can't seem to find any of the nicer ships leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami - they all seem to be 7 day. Can anyone recommend a really fun 4-5 night cruise out of South Florida for my family?

Ruby Princess has quite a few cruises that fit your requirements. It's a very nice ship and very affordable. Hope this helps!

My best advice would be to contact a travel agency and have them do the research for you and then you decide the best option. A qualified cruise-experienced agency can assist best and with better knowledge of the options.

Just ask a few questions first to assure that they do not charge any separate fees for booking, modifying, or cancelling a reservation and that they have a focus with cruises. The cruise lines can also assist with suggesting a TA as well.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Keep an eye out for Kids Sail Free or Florida Resident discounted cruises in Disney. Do the math, DCL includes a number of things that other lines charge for, and sometimes will work out to be the best deal.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Keep an eye out for Kids Sail Free or Florida Resident discounted cruises in Disney. Do the math, DCL includes a number of things that other lines charge for, and sometimes will work out to be the best deal.

I second that! Disney allows you to carry on your own alcohol, and the price onboard includes soda, which is not included on many ships. That might seem minor, but the savings really add up quickly. We have found that at the end of a trip, Disney has never cost us more than any other cruise.