elite benifits

dylandog25

One per cabin although you'll get one setup per segment even if booked as a single longer cruise. We have b2b four day cruises so will get beer & soda on the 1st one & 2 coffee cards on the 2nd cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Hardly seems fair. Would be like getting only one priority tender ticket when both are Elite.

Look at it this way. There are two of each item in the setup, so that is one for each of you.

(Yes, it is the same quanitity if a non-elite and an elite are in the same cabin, but that just means a bonus for them.)

I agree, both earned it both should get it. :rolleyes:
By the same logic, I pay double as a solo cruise so I should also have two set-ups? :) In other words, I pay for the whole cabin but get only one set-up. Edited by Pam in CA

By the same logic, I pay double as a solo cruise so I should also have two set-ups? :) In other words, I pay for the whole cabin but get only one set-up.

I'm not certain but don't you get credit for two cruises as a single cruiser? I guess that really doesn't mean much though if you are elite already. Maybe one day they will add another tier to those of you who deserve an added bonus.

I'm not certain but don't you get credit for two cruises as a single cruiser? I guess that really doesn't mean much though if you are elite already. Maybe one day they will add another tier to those of you who deserve an added bonus.
I do get two cruise credits and it does make a difference, albeit a small one because of the # of cruise credit OBC. But that's separate from the Elite benefits.

I do get two cruise credits and it does make a difference, albeit a small one because of the # of cruise credit OBC. But that's separate from the Elite benefits.

Yes, I understand but you were able to achieve Elite level much quicker than those who travel double. There is some advantage to that benefit especially if one can chose to cruise those 3, 4, or 5 day California Coastals. They can add up to the next level quite quickly.

When I was young and single I cruised solo and on cruise lines that no longer exist. There were no benefits whatsoever with the additional cost other than not having to deal with sharing the bathroom. It still is one of the better options for traveling in a safe environment and meeting like-minded people.

One per cabin although you'll get one setup per segment even if booked as a single longer cruise. We have b2b four day cruises so will get beer & soda on the 1st one & 2 coffee cards on the 2nd cruise.

I know about the coffee cards but are you saying you can trade off the free mini bar setup for two coffee cards with the Elite Benefit?

Terry

I agree, both earned it both should get it. :rolleyes:

Look at it this way. There are two of each item in the setup, so that is one for each of you.

(Yes, it is the same quanitity if a non-elite and an elite are in the same cabin, but that just means a bonus for them.)

Sounds like a Mini Bar Half Full / Half Empty disagreement!

Seriously, there are lots of inequities in this perk as we have done 17 and 19 day cruises with Princess as compared to the 4 and 5 day cruises that get the same benefit. But....probably not a life changing thing in the big picture. They probably could make it one per 7 days or portion of 7 days.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I know about the coffee cards but are you saying you can trade off the free mini bar setup for two coffee cards with the Elite Benefit?

Terry

Yes & here are all of the elite mini-bar options:

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes, I understand but you were able to achieve Elite level much quicker than those who travel double.
You'll be happy to know that I achieved Elite status the "good old fashioned way." I already had over 150 days but only 11 completed cruises when it was changed to be either days or cruises. :) I was looking at completing four more cruises and probably two years before I could get to Elite and I would have had over 180 days. Plus, at the time, I lived in the Boston area. No chance of a short cruise. Edited by Pam in CA

You'll be happy to know that I achieved Elite status the "good old fashioned way." I already had over 150 days but only 11 completed cruises when it was changed to be either days or cruises. :) I was looking at completing four more cruises and probably two years before I could get to Elite and I would have had over 180 days. Plus, at the time, I lived in the Boston area. No chance of a short cruise.

Indeed, and this is why I think there should be introduced another level higher than Elite. I have no idea as to what they could offer but I'm sure those of you who have reached that level could come up with some good ideas. ;)

Indeed, and this is why I think there should be introduced another level higher than Elite. I have no idea as to what they could offer but I'm sure those of you who have reached that level could come up with some good ideas. ;)

Be careful what you ask for.

One possibility is a higher level than elite with exactly the same benefits elite now receive combined with the future elite having lesser benefits than now.

When RCCL felt there were two many Diamond members, they cut back on Diamond benefits which Diamond Plus members continue to receive.

i think the adding of the onboard credit at certain levels of cruise credits is a good way to appreciate the elites who cruise more--i'm happy with that, though as i complain about on other threads would still like a better happy hour lounge just for elites lol

Be careful what you ask for.

One possibility is a higher level than elite with exactly the same benefits elite now receive combined with the future elite having lesser benefits than now.

When RCCL felt there were two many Diamond members, they cut back on Diamond benefits which Diamond Plus members continue to receive.

I agree ...

You only need one priority tender ticket per cabin and if you are Elite all you need is your cruise card.

Mike:)

Thanks Mike; I usually go off later in the day and never bother with tender tickets. All this time I thought I was getting away with something. ;)

There are many inequities in life. I am happy with most offerings by Princess and understand that it would be an impossible task to take everyone into consideration. Thus the blanket perks regardless of gender, relationships, and/or status.

I say this because I travel with another friend (very platonic). We are now both Elite but will receive the same cabin perks as a couple. I am okay with this. The only time that I decided to speak to the Customer Service director/officer was when we were traveling on the Golden for multiple voyages. Each time we stayed in a suite, our complimentary stationary said Ms.... and Ms.... together. I made an appointment with ____ (I apologize for the senior moment) to explain our issue. The next time we were in the suite, BINGO, there were two sets of stationary, each with our own name.

I stopped by his office again to thank him. He said that, under his watch, there will be a policy change on the Golden. Since most everything is printed onboard, the only stationary printed together would be names that are Mr. and Mrs. Everyone else will receive their own stationary.

I apologize to anyone who would prefer stationary together. I am not a women libber, but if I can alert someone to an agreeable change, then I am happy. He didn't have to do this, but it made two passengers happy and I hope others too.

Would I like 2 mini-bar set ups...yes. (we do get this as Elites and in a suite). But can't always afford a suite?

Would I like 2 CCL credits...yes (they do this for military)?

Would I like ...?

Princess treats their Captain Circle members very well. They are not very user friendly to solo travels and non-couples. But life isn't fair and we learn to deal with it. I choose to sail with Princess. I know that my post skirts the outside parameters of the OP and again, I apologize and hope that my post is received warmly.

Edited by cr8tiv1