elite benifits

dylandog25

It is likely a good thing that Elite doesn't get unlimited internet as that would probably slow down the internet for everyone to the point where it would likely start running backwards!

I had never heard that Elite used to have more or unlimited internet as compared to Platinum. In any event, I don't know of a cruise line with a more generous free internet benefit than Princess. I use internet a fair bit and can always get by with what Princess gives me for free. I had to buy 555 minutes for $200 on a recent Celebrity cruise.

Terry

We did but it was changed a few years back. We have been elite for a long time so I know. Benefit given is good though.

I had never heard that Elite used to have more or unlimited internet as compared to Platinum.
Platinum and Elite Internet benefits have always been the same. Quite a few years ago, Princess switched communication provider to MTN. Before that, all Platinum, Elite and full suite passengers received unlimited free Internet. However, instead of a login screen, you swiped your card through a reader so that as long as you (or a friend) had the card, you could get the Internet. Needless to say, there was a lot of abuse. :(

If elite, how many internet minutes do we get on a 4 day cruise???? That being our very 1st short cruise:D

Thanks everyone,

Grace

per Platinum Member so if you're both platinum 300 -- platinum and elite are identical for Internet minutes no advantage being elite for extra minutes

a159e5738264ba972b5b0ebd65a5ded2.jpg

Edited by BeachBum777

I try to use it past 10:30 or 11 at night for the emails it seems to work pretty good no matter where you're at or very early in the morning if I'm not sleeping in

One thing I did learn is your only offered the big discount for additional minutes if you purchase it immediately when you sign up as an elite or platinum guest.

My dad is platinum also so I have done it without adding minutes on the first one then try to go back and you can't get the discount but on the second set of minutes I made sure I purchased them - 150 minutes for like $25 which is a good deal. I need the access for small business needs

Yes 150....I have to say the last few cruise I have left most minutes on the table unused. The internet has been lousy and it seems to be getting worse. :mad:

I agree. I find it's just easier to wait for shore and find some Wifi somewhere if I need the Internet.

Well if you're retired or you really don't need it I totally get it

However if you have emails awaiting that you can electronically take money for your beach rentals you push the button and take the money then you go and snorkel. A small price to stay connected. Another reason I will never cruise with anyone except princess

Edited by BeachBum777

What I would really like to see as an elite benefit is to be able to go online and choose your mini bar set up rather than having to ask your room Stuart to exchange it.

Thank you would be something like vodka whiskey a few beers and bottled water.

I've always thought princess was a little behind on technology but they seem to be catching up now. As an example at no charge you can see your itinerary and the daily platter on your phone via the Internet without using your minutes as its a free site.

Edited by BeachBum777

What I would really like to see as an elite benefit is to be able to go online and choose your mini bar set up rather than having to ask your room Stuart to exchange it.

Although the online part is relatively simple, the human factor of not delivering the same exact setup to hundreds of cabins makes it a time-consuming process.

It is easier for room service (not Stuart (actually not Stewart)) to make a few exchanges than to have customized deliveries for everyone.

If elite, how many internet minutes do we get on a 4 day cruise???? That being our very 1st short cruise:D

Thanks everyone,

Grace

The minutes has already been answered for you but even though we get the max being Elite, I have never used all that time and I think it's because I do most of my email composing offline and then send it while logged in.

Thank you would be something like vodka whiskey a few beers and bottled water.

I've always thought princess was a little behind on technology but they seem to be catching up now. As an example at no charge you can see your itinerary and the daily platter on your phone via the Internet without using your minutes as its a free site.

But I like Stuart bringing my daily platter, don't even take a phone on a cruise.

Although the online part is relatively simple, the human factor of not delivering the same exact setup to hundreds of cabins makes it a time-consuming process.

It is easier for room service (not Stuart (actually not Stewart)) to make a few exchanges than to have customized deliveries for everyone.

Once I can teach my voice recognition to spell correctly I'll try to do a better job for you.

I disagree with your thought process it's no more time consuming to grab 3 vodkas four crowns 2 of this and one of that then it is to look at a list and pick up the same thing. It's comings so they say

And it has not been room service who has exchanged it out for me. Always the cabin attendant .

If time and thought eventually go into something why not do it right the first time. That's kind of like saying they need to deliver the same food to everyone at formal dining and then just exchange it out later if you don't want it

Edited by BeachBum777