DIY Laundry facilities on Oasis?

DnR

Does the Oasis have coin operated washers and dryers? If so, how do I find out where they are located. I can't seem to locate anything on the deck plans that I found online.

No guest washing machines on any Royal ship.

Royal has a laundry service:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

Edited by clarea

Does the Oasis have coin operated washers and dryers? If so, how do I find out where they are located. I can't seem to locate anything on the deck plans that I found online.

They are not on the deck plans because they do not exist. There are no do it yourself laundry facilities on any Royal Caribbean ship.

It is actually a good question.

Carnival, Princess, Disney, HAL, Costa, ect all have them.

It seems RC is one of the few exceptions..

Probably cause most cruisers don't cruise to do laundry. :)

And to make more money.

Of course its all right here

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=337&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Extras&faqId=287

All cruise lines cant be the same though.

I was on Disney and it was nice to have a self laundry center- especially since we have 2 kids.

Though a self service kitchen to make your own burgers isn't a bad idea either...

I think it's a horrible idea, that would never ever come to fruition...:rolleyes: Edited by Thetrail

Just to clarify, only older HAL ships do. The newer ones (Nieuw Amsterdam, Eurodam, Noordam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, and Zuiderdam) do not.

While I don't cruise to do laundry, a self serve laundry on my 10 night cruises would have come in handy. I would love it if Royal offered washer/dryers every other deck like Princess does.

I agree with you, it is a money maker for them and I don't see them changing their position on the issue in the future...Quantum ;)

While I don't cruise to do laundry, a self serve laundry on my 10 night cruises would have come in handy. I would love it if Royal offered washer/dryers every other deck like Princess does.

;)

We have done a few loads of laundry on cruises before.

It was no hassle at all, we even brought our own soap and quarters.

I don't know why the RC people think it is so lo-class.

Some of the Luxury lines have self service laundry.

I agree about self laundry- it lets you pack less.

But I can see that RCCL would have to take out a paying cabin or two on a few decks which would cut into their bottom line.

I think it's a horrible idea, that would never ever come to fruition...:rolleyes:

I bet they laughed at the guy who said he could make money selling raw meat to people at a fancy eatery so they could get dressed up, then stand in front of a grill with smoke blowing in their face trying to cook it:p

Wow...I simply asked because this is our first RC cruise. We usually only take a carry on and do one load of laundry mid week. It saves bag checking fees for us. One load is never a big deal.

Wow...I simply asked because this is our first RC cruise. We usually only take a carry on and do one load of laundry mid week. It saves bag checking fees for us. One load is never a big deal.

I've never cruised Carnival and based on your Sig that is all you have done. Is there self-serve laundry on Carnival? I wouldn't mind the idea as long as you didn't have to wait for available washing machine and dryer, but I've had to my own laundry in other circumstances not cruise related and it is an absolute pain. (And I don't mean at home :p , although that is a pain too :) )

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Don't think I have every done laundry on a vacation in my life, and I don't ever recall my parents doing laundry either. With two of my own kids, and coming from a family of 4, we have always taken week long vacations or longer!

And your point is?

I don't think it's low class at all. We used them on Princess. I just think if Royal doesn't have them after building 22 ships then they probably think it's a waste of space. I'm thinking I'd rather not do laundry any how so I'm OK with that. ;)

I don't think it's low class at all. We used them on Princess. I just think if Royal doesn't have them after building 22 ships then they probably think it's a waste of space. I'm thinking I'd rather not do laundry any how so I'm OK with that. ;)

This topic has come up quite a few times on the RC thread and I have seen some pretty 'snobbish' remarks people have made in regards to it.

How they wouldn't be caught dead doing laundry, or I will Never do that in 1,000,00 years on vacation, ect.

This thread is pretty tame...

This topic has come up quite a few times on the RC thread and I have seen some pretty 'snobbish' remarks people have made in regards to it.

How they wouldn't be caught dead doing laundry, or I will Never do that in 1,000,00 years on vacation, ect.

This thread is pretty tame...

Well if we are snobbish I guess that makes you a cheapskate. Since laundry IS avail on all RCI ships. You just have to pay a cpl dollars for it. Lets see spend $2,000 on a vacation and cheap out on spending $20 for laundry service. Go figure. :rolleyes: