Best place to direct letter to RCCL for school report?

ginadc

We're taking our kids on the Allure over President's Day week, which means the older 2 will miss a couple of days of school. My 2nd-grade daughter has decided to write a report on the ship and its capabilities as part of her makeup homework, and we are going to write to Royal to ask some questions. (I know we could look up most of this online, but I think the exercise of writing and inquiring about something is a good lesson for her.)

Could anyone suggest the best person at RCCL's corporate offices to direct such a letter to, so it won't get lost in the shuffle? Thanks!

We're taking our kids on the Allure over President's Day week, which means the older 2 will miss a couple of days of school. My 2nd-grade daughter has decided to write a report on the ship and its capabilities as part of her makeup homework, and we are going to write to Royal to ask some questions. (I know we could look up most of this online, but I think the exercise of writing and inquiring about something is a good lesson for her.)

Could anyone suggest the best person at RCCL's corporate offices to direct such a letter to, so it won't get lost in the shuffle? Thanks!

When on board I give the questions to customer services desk . They will get or have the info readily available.

Also on board, Allure will have a ship info sheet. Besides the engineering and operations information on the Ship; they will also have information on how many eggs, butter, shrimp, and so on are eaten in the week's sailing. Very interesting.

Sure a ton information is available from a number of sources, but it would be cool to have a written response. I would have your daughter write a letter [in her own handwriting and her own words as much as resonable] to the president [Adam Goldstein]. I am sure his people would write any response, but I think it would be interesting for the child to try to communicate directly and who knows, she might even get some cool pictures/promotional literature that would add to her report. Even if it the same information, I think it could be a fun exercise.

Here is a website that has [or has links to] relevant contact information: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/contactUs.do

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! This is all really helpful and we'll be following up/using all of it. In particular, I love this from mjldvlks:

Sure a ton information is available from a number of sources, but it would be cool to have a written response. I would have your daughter write a letter [in her own handwriting and her own words as much as resonable] to the president [Adam Goldstein]. I am sure his people would write any response, but I think it would be interesting for the child to try to communicate directly and who knows, she might even get some cool pictures/promotional literature that would add to her report. Even if it the same information, I think it could be a fun exercise.

Here is a website that has [or has links to] relevant contact information: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/contactUs.do

That's exactly what I was hoping to do, have her write her own letter and get a response. We talked about it this morning and she's really excited at the idea. Didn't occur to me to have her write to Goldstein himself, but why not go to the top? (Even if, as you say, his staff will be writing whatever response she gets.)

I'll let you know if we get anything interesting back!

Thanks again!

In addition to the suggestions already posted, I would have your daughter write a person letter to the Captain introducing herself and stating what she's doing for school. Don't forget to include School name , her full name and cabin number. Even a picture of her and her class could be included if that's possible. Oh don't forget to stress that she's in second grade as this could be the thing that gets the captain's attention. Than on embarkation day upon boarding turn it into Guest Services. It's a long shot worth taking as who knows the captain might actually seek her out to discuss the project.

Edited by xxoocruiser

In addition to the suggestions already posted, I would have your daughter write a person letter to the Captain introducing herself and stating what she's doing for school. Don't forget to include School name , her full name and cabin number. Even a picture of her and her class could be included if that's possible. Oh don't forget to stress that she's in second grade as this could be the thing that gets the captain's attention. Than on embarkation day upon boarding turn it into Guest Services. It's a long shot worth taking as who knows the captain might actually seek her out to discuss the project.

That is a really great idea. Who knows, it might result in some personal attention during the cruise.

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! This is all really helpful and we'll be following up/using all of it. In particular, I love this from mjldvlks:

That's exactly what I was hoping to do, have her write her own letter and get a response. We talked about it this morning and she's really excited at the idea. Didn't occur to me to have her write to Goldstein himself, but why not go to the top? (Even if, as you say, his staff will be writing whatever response she gets.)

I'll let you know if we get anything interesting back!

Thanks again!

Also include you phone number as Adam's office often gives you a call to let you know what they are doing in regards to your letter.

Try to do the all-access tour, or at least a bridge tour. My husband and I loved the all-access tour and learnt so much! Then, we were invited to a reception with the officers, and my seven year old went straight up to Captain Teo and started talking about azipods, stabilizers, etc., and immediately got a personal invitation to visit the bridge! (While there, he befriended the first officer, who sent a gift to my kids, and since he'll be doing some further training in the city where we live, we've already invited him to dinner at our house.)

In other words, the crew love an interested and informed kid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

Oooooh! This is genius! Thank you!

It is very likely that the captain has children or grandchildren that he misses very much and will probably be overjoyed at the chance to do somenting nice to a nice young cruiser. great idea!