Cozumel Question

guerchino

We will arrive in Cozumel along with 4 other large ship - lots of people. We will want to get off of the ship late morning, get a taxi and keep it for 3 or 4 hours- from your experience do you think this will be an issue.

Thanks for your help.

I had the same concern, as the last time I was there, we only had 3 ships in port. Many on this forum have assured me that 4 or 5 ships is no big deal and Coz is equipped to handle that and more. Enjoy your cruise!!

We will arrive in Cozumel along with 4 other large ship - lots of people. We will want to get off of the ship late morning, get a taxi and keep it for 3 or 4 hours- from your experience do you think this will be an issue.

Thanks for your help.

Do you know the cost of the taxi per hour? Been wanting to do this.

First of all, this thread will probably moved. :)

Second of all, how many of you will there be? It makes a difference for the fare. For 2, it's $6 one way to downtown from the pier. A productive cabbie can make that trip 5 or 6 times in an hour, so you're looking at $30-36 an hour for him. So I don't think he'd do it.

I did find this though: http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm

First of all, this thread will probably moved. :)

Second of all, how many of you will there be? It makes a difference for the fare. For 2, it's $6 one way to downtown from the pier. A productive cabbie can make that trip 5 or 6 times in an hour, so you're looking at $30-36 an hour for him. So I don't think he'd do it.

I did find this though: http://www.toursplaza.com/eng/hiring-driver.cfm

Kevin is right. Check the Ports of Call forums under Caribbean, then Cozumel. There is a wealth of info there!!

Thanks for your help.

We rented a jeep for the day...may be less $$$ than a taxi. Go to left....it will take you around the whole island (it's a small island) and you eventually end up in the downtown area of shopping. I would also check with your AMEX card as I believe they may cover the additional insurance coverage...at least they use to at one time, but please, double check.

It's a nice little drive, beaches on the way, small ruins, tiny booze shacks with hammocks, even a look out cliff.

I also like to bring along candy for the children (if you do the entire loop).