Best Experience

aimish

For those of you who have traveled on multiple NCL ships, which one was your favorite and why?

I know that some of NCL's newer ships are bigger which means they are most likely more crowded. Do they have benefits though? More to do on them? Which ships have the best entertainment?

We are ready to plan our next cruise and would love some input first.

Thanks for your help!

-Amy

Thats like asking which Kid you like best ..

For me , I prefer the smaller NCL Sun . She is closer to the older cruise style.

You may even see the same people you pass in the hall more than once.

It really is such a personal choice . All dependent on what your likes and needs are .

I say try'em all and let us know what your favorite is .. ;)

Second would be Jewel Class..

Edited by mpk218

My best cruise experience with NCL was the Sky. When I first boarded I was a bit let down because my prior cruise was the Jewel so the Sky seemed so old and not as fancy as the Jewel. However, it was my first time in a suite. The sail away was perfect. The penthouse suite was amazing. The service was top notch. The weather was perfect. Had the best and most fun excursions ever. Perfect beach day at GSC. Had a blast at Altantis on the waterslides. The food was delicious. The cruise was out of this world and don't think there will ever be a cruise where everything was perfect.

I love, love, love the Spirit. It's an easy ship to get around, the size is just right for us, and the décor is just beautiful. The crew is outstanding. I sure wish she would return to a port within driving distance! We've been on her 4-5 times and I would happily sail on the Spirit that many times again.

I like the newer design Jewel class ships best (sailed only on Pearl but Gem is the same), other Jewel class and Dawn class ships are great too but Epic was definitely not my thing - too many people and too "vegasy". Haven't sailed on NCL's older ships so can't comment on those, would like to see Spirit too.

One can't really compare the non-megaship entertainment because the resident production crew aside, performers can change every week and some performers (f.ex. in the Caribbean) can even change from ship to ship in ports spending half a cruise on one ship, then switching to another and then a week later back to the first so that they can perform for two different set of cruise passengers during one week.

Summa summarum: All ships pre-Epic work for me just fine - not too interested about the megaships.

I found the Spirit balconies comparable to the others that we've had (there's room for 2 plastic chairs, a little table, and scooching) ...except last year when we booked an aft on the Star:D. I still preferred the Spirit, and I can't really even put my finger on why.

I love the observation lounge and the little museum at the bottom of the circular stairs. I love the chairs on the promenade outside of Henry's Pub. I love the beautiful oriental artwork lining the hallway on the way to the MDR, the sliding door in the shower, the cheesy little fish tiles in the bathroom, and I love the feeling of being comfortable and at home the minute that I set foot on that ship!

Edited by Lena B

Have only been on one NCL ship so can't do a comparison, but wanted to pipe up -- the Norwegian Star (Dawn class) turned out to be, in my estimation, the perfect sized ship. The 'ride' was so stable that even my motion-sickness-prone husband never had a moment of queasiness, yet lines and crowds and getting around the ship were not big problems.

The Gem class ships (Gem, Jewel, Jade, Pearl) are about the same size.

I am really only 'shopping' this approximate size ships for the future. I just don't think we would enjoy a mega-ship, and seasickness was a real problem on the smaller ships we have sailed on (see signature).

c520e52b4755e56e406f766e3588aa26.png

1f18e45d1d2e18733908514d444c3d59.png

8c6d697705f80a87f46b336f5a717085.png

132c04ec73a292f40a8fd493eef0c0af.png

Very hard to choose. I like all of them for different reasons. I probably like the Pearl the best because of layout, shows, etc. But the spa in Epic I love because of the back deck to relax on. Breakaway was awesome because of the port (Bermuda) and the waterfront. Again - love them all.

The Sky.....with the Dawn running a close second....and the Sun a close third!

I've been in the Sky twice and have my third booked! I personally like the smaller ships - and the Owners Suite! Huge forward balcony, nice private "hot" tub to relax in, unlimited pop and three bottles of booze! 🍸 🚢 And I think because it's a smaller ship, the crew seem to be more relaxed and friendly. 😴 😎