"Live" from the Legend of the Seas - January 13, 2014

There is not much to report from yesterday since I was in bed all day long. My fever finally broke in the middle of the night, so I feel blessed this morning. The crew, especially our cabin steward, have been incredible. I think we are on day 5 of one or both of us being sick. We have not been officially quarantined, but since we think this is the flu we have quarantined ourselves. I had the flu shot over a month ago, but obviously this is a unique strain.

Walt talked to the housekeeping supervisor and they will be doing a deep clean of our cabin on turnaround day since they are aware of our illnesses. Saying that, there are a lot of sick people on board that may not be notifying their room steward. I would suggest that if you are boarding on Friday to bring some disinfecting wipes for your cabin.

Ok, so being sick on a cruise is not ideal, but we are making the best of it. Yesterday we watched the entire season of the Serenade’s dry dock in 2004 and Walt finally saw the original Red Dawn. We just make the best out of what life throws us.

Today we had booked a Nellies Hillside Cabana for the day. Last night I told Walt to cancel it and let someone else enjoy. Edmund at Shore Excursions was fantastic and refunded our cabana. I am feeling better today, and that is wonderful.

Answers to questions:

Deck 10 has putt-putt and a rock wall. No sports court

Art Auctions – there have been 3 on this sailing

Latte-tudes – will send Walt to take a picture, but as I recall Tazo Teas are the only tea drinks sold there. No Chai Tea Lattes.

Lisa and Walt

On the road to recovery

There is not much to report from yesterday since I was in bed all day long. My fever finally broke in the middle of the night, so I feel blessed this morning. The crew, especially our cabin steward, have been incredible. I think we are on day 5 of one or both of us being sick. We have not been officially quarantined, but since we think this is the flu we have quarantined ourselves. I had the flu shot over a month ago, but obviously this is a unique strain.

Walt talked to the housekeeping supervisor and they will be doing a deep clean of our cabin on turnaround day since they are aware of our illnesses. Saying that, there are a lot of sick people on board that may not be notifying their room steward. I would suggest that if you are boarding on Friday to bring some disinfecting wipes for your cabin.

Ok, so being sick on a cruise is not ideal, but we are making the best of it. Yesterday we watched the entire season of the Serenade’s dry dock in 2004 and Walt finally saw the original Red Dawn. We just make the best out of what life throws us.

Today we had booked a Nellies Hillside Cabana for the day. Last night I told Walt to cancel it and let someone else enjoy. Edmund at Shore Excursions was fantastic and refunded our cabana. I am feeling better today, and that is wonderful.

Lisa and Walt

On the road to recovery

Thanks for the advice about bringing a fresh supply of disinfecting wipes. We will be getting on the ship on Friday when you get off. All it takes is one person who is 'not feeling well' and telling themselves that they are not going to miss their cruise to infect a whole lot of people. It is winter time and lots of people are flying in from areas where the flu and colds are around now. We plan on wiping down the cabin, using the hand disinfectant and washing hands more than usual. But all it takes is someone coughing or sneezing 5-10 feet away to spread the virus.

All one can do is to do what we can and hope for the best....

I hope the art auction isn't done by Park West. I thought in 2013 Royal Caribbean got rid of Park West in favor of Art Actuallyafter Park West was sued and lost. Are they back? Anyway, caveat emptor. Read this CC thread before you invest in Park West: AVOID Park West Galleries Auction at Sea

Answers to questions:

Art Auctions – there have been 3 on this sailing

Lisa and Walt

On the road to recovery

I hope the art auction isn't done by Park West. I thought in 2013 Royal Caribbean got rid of Park West in favor of Art Actuallyafter Park West was sued and lost. Are they back? Anyway, caveat emptor. Read this CC thread before you invest in Park West: AVOID Park West Galleries Auction at Sea

Park West was on Legend this past October.

Yes, Park West Galleries is back on RCI. They were on our Vision b2b in June.

Art on Royal, which replaced PW, did not bring in the revenue as expected, so they went back to PW.

Edited by cruisenfever

It’s around lunchtime now and I am feeling much better. We are staying on the ship and decided to venture to Latte-tudes for some hot drinks and to read. On Labadee day the aerial group does a rehearsal. It started around 10:45 and was fantastic!

P1220024_zps108dbb5d.jpg

P1220007_zpsaa3d3d84.jpg

P1220005_zpsf85cb03f.jpg

P1220004_zpsdad3cf7f.jpg

My dress for dinner after St Lucia

P1010576_zpsc0f689ff.jpg

Answers to questions:

Bfson – since I don’t have a ruler with me, I used my 8x10 portrait to estimate the height from the floor to the top of the mattress. I would say it’s 19-20”. I hope this helps.

Grenada tour company – Kayter arranged the tour, so I will contact her for the exact name. Neil’s taxi tour’s is supposed to be on tripadvisor, but I will find the exact name for you.

Latte-tudes – well, I was wrong about the Chai Tea Lattes…they do sell them. Here is the full menu…

P1220014_zpsed475925.jpg

2nd formal night was last night...3rd sea day.

edjny, you are so right about that you can only do so much to stay healthy. I wiped everything down, use Purell, and wash my hands thoroughly. We had a person coughing up a storm at the muster drill and we think that is where Walt caught it.

Art Auction is done by Park West. I do not attend the art auctions, so the only information I can provide is from the compass. Like anything in life, do your research before you attend or purchase anything.

Stay far far away from PW art auctions. I caught (yes me) them selling prints as oils on Serenade a few years ago. Pretty danged obvious when there's printer calibration marks in the corners and the prints are glued into the frames.

Guess I'll go snooping again on Serenade in a week and a half and see if they've mended their ways yet.

Back to regular programming!

Glad you guys are having fun and feeling better!

Hi Lisa !,Hi Walt!

Just finished catching up on your wonderful live thread. We caught the illness du jour last week on the Constellation. We really feel for you guys.

Watched your sail away from our balcony with the binoculars that were in our stateroom. Fun, fun, fun

PB album is excellent.

Happy belated birthday.That dress you wore for it is a knockout!!! Love , love, love the daily fashion show. Everything your wearing is gorgeous on you. Wouldn't be surprised if this turns into something much bigger than just the fashionista corner of your "live thread". You never know who's reading this.

We would like to ask you if you feel that the revitalization of the Legend has enhanced your cruise? We plan on going back on Vision in May, (reunion cruise anyone?), and look forward to seeing the changes.

Oasis for anniversary cruise WOOHOO!!!

Breath that delightful sea air deeply all the back to FT. Lauderdale and you will both be tip top.

Thanks for sharing. We want to take this itinerary next year.

Kevin and Walt

It’s around lunchtime now and I am feeling much better. We are staying on the ship and decided to venture to Latte-tudes for some hot drinks and to read. On Labadee day the aerial group does a rehearsal. It started around 10:45 and was fantastic!

How did you find out about the aerial rehersal? Was it announced or did you just 'stumble' across it in your travels around the ship?

Lisa, LOVE your review. So second formal day is on day 9? Was it the lobster on the menu? We are booked for specialty restaurant. We will try to change it. We are booked on the same cruise on Feb. 2nd so please let me know.

Edited by esper10

P1220024_zps108dbb5d.jpg

P1220007_zpsaa3d3d84.jpg

P1220005_zpsf85cb03f.jpg

P1220004_zpsdad3cf7f.jpg

My dress for dinner after St Lucia

P1010576_zpsc0f689ff.jpg

Answers to questions:

Bfson – since I don’t have a ruler with me, I used my 8x10 portrait to estimate the height from the floor to the top of the mattress. I would say it’s 19-20”. I hope this helps.

Grenada tour company – Kayter arranged the tour, so I will contact her for the exact name. Neil’s taxi tour’s is supposed to be on tripadvisor, but I will find the exact name for you.

Latte-tudes – well, I was wrong about the Chai Tea Lattes…they do sell them. Here is the full menu…

P1220014_zpsed475925.jpg

2nd formal night was last night...3rd sea day.

edjny, you are so right about that you can only do so much to stay healthy. I wiped everything down, use Purell, and wash my hands thoroughly. We had a person coughing up a storm at the muster drill and we think that is where Walt caught it.

Art Auction is done by Park West. I do not attend the art auctions, so the only information I can provide is from the compass. Like anything in life, do your research before you attend or purchase anything.

Beautiful dress

Love the smiles after what you have been through' :)

Great picture! :D

When you are with the one you Love, it makes anything you are faced with a lot easier and more enjoyable. Enjoy that last day at sea!! Soak up the sun and fun! :p

Memories have been made.

Ah, it’s our last day at sea. The Solarium is packed, but mainly by chair hogs. We did manage to find a few empty chairs on the perimeter. I am glad that the silly towel check out has gone away, but the chair hogs are back in full swing.

Yesterday afternoon I watched a couple of sail boats struggling to get back to Labadee. The weather turned quickly in the afternoon from a sunny calm day to choppy surf and drizzle. It was very dramatic watching the boats.

P1010635_zps02e5897e.jpg

P1010636_zps61755ca3.jpg

P1010637_zps33fdc425.jpg

Last night we dressed up a bit for dinner and were seated with a nice couple from Germany. Unfortunately only the wife spoke English, so it was a little awkward for her husband. It is nearly impossible to get a table for two in MTD before 8pm. Overall, I am disappointed in the MTD experience on the Legend. This is the first time in all of our experiences with MTD type dinners that we have not been pleased. We are doing MTD on the Oasis, but plan on doing alternative restaurants.

P1220006_zps8cdff6f7.jpg

One thing I miss on this cruise are the coupon books. I have no clue what coupons Walt and I have left to use and no one seems to be able to tell me where I can go to find out. I know that Royal wants to save paper, but it would be nice if when you use a coupon a list of what is remaining prints on the receipt. I would think that would solve a bunch of confusion.

Well, the plan for the remainder of today is to read my kindle, have one final Tutti Salad Bar, read some more, pack at some point, go to dinner, and have a farewell cocktail at the R Bar.

PS…we finally met Sugar Rey last night at the Solarium Bar. We ended up at that bar because there were no seats at the R Bar or the Schooner Bar. Rey is awesome.

Here are all the spices and hot sauces that I purchased…

p1_zpsfd72fb3a.jpg

Lisa and Walt

Lisa, I've been following your live thread and thoroughly enjoyed reading everything as well as seeing your beautiful pictures! I love all your dresses especially the last one you posted.

I hope you and Walt are feeling much better by now and again thanks for taking us along vicariously on your fantastic journey aboard the Legend!:)