Ice Buckets?

New Hampshire

Just speak to your cabin steward and he will provide you with one. We have never had a problem having the ice replenished twice a day.

If you like LOTS of ice, ask for a champagne bucket filled with ice. twice the size!

The Dec. 9 Constellation steward did not provide an ice bucket in our cabin.

A day before end of cruise, I saw two buckets on his cart.

If only I'd put a post it on the bathroom mirror to request items including an ice bucket, extra pillow, bathrobe, shower gel, etc.

Oh well.

jls

On our Equinox cruise in November there was no ice bucket in either our cabin or our daughters, we both requested ice twice a day, we got ours no problem but her cabin attendant looked at her as if she was asking for something crazy and she got it once a day if she was lucky.

Twice daily ice is actually something listed as a cabin amenity for all cabins on the website, it shouldn't have to be requested and until my last cruise I've never had to.

I can understand that you may have to request ice as a lot of people don't use/want ice and it just melts and results in unneeded extra work for the stewards. We have always asked for and received a water pitcher as well, another item that not everyone wants or uses. I just don't assume that "oh no, another cutback" I just ask lol

We just got off the Constellation... and no ice bucket...

However, we never asked for one either..

Usually we have always had an ice bucket and use it frequently however, this time with the drink package we didn't need the ice bucket, that's why I never asked.. but never had to ask on Celebrity before..

We also were never given any "yellow" towels to take ashore in port.

....We also were never given any "yellow" towels to take ashore in port.

Once on an M class ship we asked for the beach towels and the steward pointed out they were in the room. He opened a compartment next to the mini bar and the TV that I didn't even know was there before he showed us and the towels were there.

Not all cabin stewards are the best and sometimes you have to ask for things. The only time this really bothers me is if you have to ask more times than you should for something to be taken care of. If that happens a call to guest relations or the Asst. Chief Housekeeper (your cabin steward's boss) will take care of things. You are actually paying the Asst. Chief Housekeeper a tip as part of your standard daily gratuity charge so you shouldn't feel bad about requesting something from them if your steward isn't taking care of it.

On our most recent cruises we also needed to request both the water pitcher and the ice bucket.

They had always been provided automatically on all our previous Celebrity cruises.

So far we have been receiving the bathrobes and beach towels and tote bags and toiletries without needing to ask for them, but for next time, who knows?

If you don't want something, it is easy enough to ask your stateroom attendant or butler not to bring it, the way we do with the afternoon canapes.

For a cruise line that prides itself on modern luxury and keeps advertising how they provide what you want a nanosecond before you knew you wanted it, it certainly makes a more favorable impression when they provide such items as opt out instead of opt in.

Were in Aqua Class on the Solstice in September and also had to ask for ice. I didn't realize for a couple of days that it was missing. No problem after getting it on a daily basis but it used to be something that you didn't have to ask for ...

On our most recent cruises we also needed to request both the water pitcher and the ice bucket.

They had always been provided automatically on all our previous Celebrity cruises.

So far we have been receiving the bathrobes and beach towels and tote bags and toiletries without needing to ask for them, but for next time, who knows?

If you don't want something, it is easy enough to ask your stateroom attendant or butler not to bring it, the way we do with the afternoon canapes.

For a cruise line that prides itself on modern luxury and keeps advertising how they provide what you want a nanosecond before you knew you wanted it, it certainly makes a more favorable impression when they provide such items as opt out instead of opt in.

It is DH that likes the ice and water but I would much rather use the room on the desk for our electronics. Its already cluttered with wine glasses etc.:D