New HAL cabin picture/review site: what do you want it to be?

sppunk

have you asked to have the website made a sticky at the top of the HAL page? I think it would be helpful not to have to bump it to the first page when it drops off.

Also, I realized my pictures of Eurodam and Amsterdam cabins are at home on my desk top so unfortunately I can't send them until April.

Thanks for all your hard work.

I'll make a new thread soon - since this is more about the site creation it makes sense to have one dedicated to its existence.

The sight looks great and is so user friendly....I really appreciate that. It will be my "go to" site from now on...to check the various cabins.

I will take photos of our cabins on the Maasdam and the Noordam and send them when we get home. And, then take the time to dig up past photos.

I hope this will become a "sticky".

Thanks for all your hard work, you 3! :)

at this point, and with 2 exceptions, all pictures that were submitted to the email pictures@halfacts.com have been added to the site.

Thanks to everyone who provided the pictures.

If anyone has comments to add, please send them to the same address.

Rich

By any chance, is one of the two exceptions, the pictures of Eurodam 4131? I sent those in a separate email than my Ryndam pictures which did get posted to the site. I don't want to fill up your mailbox by sending them again if you did receive them.

By any chance, is one of the two exceptions, the pictures of Eurodam 4131? I sent those in a separate email than my Ryndam pictures which did get posted to the site. I don't want to fill up your mailbox by sending them again if you did receive them.

Eurodam 4131 has now been added - Sorry I had just done a bunch and just didn't get to it.

I sent some photos of Ryndam 035 on January 11 - perhaps you didn't receive them, or I didn't put my name on them? Don't see them on halfacts. Should I send them again?

You sent 5 emails with titles 035 Ryndam, 053 Ryndam, 053 Ryndam, 035 Ryndam and 053 Ryndam. I went with the three out of five. If it is 035 let me know and I will change it.

Rich

Edited by richwmn

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't understand why all the Vista cabins are in the same list. Is it because the cabins are all numbered identically?

With just a very few exceptions all four ships of each class are identical, therefore 7065 on the Noordam would show what 7065 on the Zuiderdam, Oosterdam and Westerdam would look like.

When, like in the case of Vista Class 4010, there are pictures of more than one ship both are shown

Rich

You sent 5 emails with titles 035 Ryndam, 053 Ryndam, 053 Ryndam, 035 Ryndam and 053 Ryndam. I went with the three out of five. If it is 035 let me know and I will change it.

Rich

So sorry, I must be getting dyslexic in my old age. The Neptune suite photos were all 035; the veranda stateroom I think was 053. I noticed there were photos of 055 from someone else, so perhaps the one photo of the veranda stateroom could just be deleted, as I'm not 100% sure of the room number!

There's a broken link for cabin 8147 - Zuiderdam (link points to halfact//s.com)

Adding my vote for being able to see the basic category of cabin (Inside, OV, V, NS) without having to open the link.

Thanks so much for doing this.

There's a broken link for cabin 8147 - Zuiderdam (link points to halfact//s.com)

Adding my vote for being able to see the basic category of cabin (Inside, OV, V, NS) without having to open the link.

Thanks, the link has been fixed

Rich

When we send stateroom pictures to you, is it possible to have some sort of response(maybe automatic) indicating that you have received the email.

I sent some pictures, but not sure if you received them and don't want to bother you by asking.

While fix'n links, you may want to note that zuiderdam 8140 photos were taken in June 2013.

This information has been added, thanks.

In another thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41418980#post41418980 IRL_Joanie suggests that halfacts.com has wifi location info. Have great bits of info been shared from that great-but-now-defunct cabin photo website?

I will be doing updates this weekend and will include the wifi locations

When we send stateroom pictures to you, is it possible to have some sort of response(maybe automatic) indicating that you have received the email.

I sent some pictures, but not sure if you received them and don't want to bother you by asking.

I usually don't look at that account until I am ready to do updates. Your pictures arrived after I finished the last set. I have been sending "thank you" replies after the cabin has been added to the site.

Rich

This information has been added, thanks.

I will be doing updates this weekend and will include the wifi locations

Oh that's encouraging - it would indicate that she did indeed share that information with you for the new site.

Oh that's encouraging - it would indicate that she did indeed share that information with you for the new site.

Actually, I knew that jtl513 had provided that information and contacted him off board and he provided it to me. He also said that retiredmustang had provided the information for either the R or S class ships. When I saw retiredmustang post on the other thread I asked him about it, and he replied with his information on that thread.

Rich

Actually, I knew that jtl513 had provided that information and contacted him off board and he provided it to me. He also said that retiredmustang had provided the information for either the R or S class ships. When I saw retiredmustang post on the other thread I asked him about it, and he replied with his information on that thread.

Rich

Thanks. What great co-operation between posters here (thanks also to jtl513 and retiredmustang!) in helping you get that site up and running efficiently. I am in awe at the knowledge and expertise of some members:o.

without looking, I have a bad feeling that was my faux pas and my first pic - apologies.

Thanks, the link has been fixed

Rich

thanks - you are a gem :D