Mini Review of Guy's Burger Joint

thecruiserofships

I tried the burgers on the Breeze with Guy on board last March, promoting his burgers and I just thought they were ok. Then again I'm a turkey burger type plus my son said I didn't try the special sauces, those are what made the burger. I guess I'll have to try them next time with his special sauces. As for Blue iguana tacos, those were awesome.

Sent from my tablet using Forums mobile app

You think that's bad?

The Burrito Bar opens (I think) only from 1:00 til 4:00 p.m. :eek:

I hear Guy's mushrooms are very good too

and I'm longing to try the Guy's chips: they're those special brown ones, dusted with Magic!

The one on the Liberty or Glory and probably others is open for breakfast.

Guy's Burger Joint is really good and now I wish for it every cruise. I had the chance to try it for the first time on the Carnival Triumph after it received it following the extended dry-dock. Unfortunately not all ships have Guy's Burger Joint.

I wrote a review on my blog about Guy's Burger Joint and the "Straight Up" burger and thought I would share it here!

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/01/review-ofcarnivals-guys-burger-joint.html

Have you tried Guy's Burger Joint?

What did you have? Did you like or dislike it?

I thought they were very over-rated.

I thought they were very over-rated.

...Funny, I had the opposite experience. I assumed that they were the same old Carnival burgers, just rebranded with a celebrity chef's name. Boy was I wrong. I was amazed how good they were. Had three or four different varieties and each were better than the next. And then to match the burgers with those killer fries...YUM!

My husband and I were deciding on a cruise on the breeze vs a different ship. My husband voted on the breeze because they had guys burgers and the other ship didn't. I'm not so fond of them, but I'm not much of a burger person anyway. But those fries are delicious.

Any comments about the bacon patty (or something like that). Think it's called the Pig Patty.

At least the bacon patty I had was hard. If you like super duper extra crispy it might work out but I think I may have taken mine off? Can't remember for certain though.

Otherwise it was very good.

Sorry I don't agree with the few who think they are greasy. I have had them two different ships. I think they are great. I eat them without bread. Now I hear them have GF bread which would be wonderful. If I eat anything greasy, I get sick. Never got sick on the breeze at all. I think they are great. Do a wonderful job with the. I took a napkin to blot it. Nothing came off.

At least the bacon patty I had was hard. If you like super duper extra crispy it might work out but I think I may have taken mine off? Can't remember for certain though.

Otherwise it was very good.

I didn't realize the bacon comes in patty form. I thought it would just contain loose strips of bacon.

Guy's Burger Joint is really good and now I wish for it every cruise. I had the chance to try it for the first time on the Carnival Triumph after it received it following the extended dry-dock. Unfortunately not all ships have Guy's Burger Joint.

I wrote a review on my blog about Guy's Burger Joint and the "Straight Up" burger and thought I would share it here!

http://www.embarkandaway.com/1/post/2014/01/review-ofcarnivals-guys-burger-joint.html

Have you tried Guy's Burger Joint?

What did you have? Did you like or dislike it?

Its ok but VERY over rated.

Can someone please tell me about the donkey sauce and the BBQ sauce? Are they sweet, spicy, tomato tasting? Can you get the sauces on the side?

We tried the plain jane with toppings on Liberty. Loved them.

My DH hates a buffet and at the embarkation lunch I took him to Guys. He had several people ask him where he got it when he was walking around after looking for me. He is already saying he's headed there as soon as he gets onboard in May. When I booked the next cruise, he wanted to make sure there would be a Guys and an alchemy bar.

Guy calls it the "pig patty" - because it is a patty of bacon.

Zydecocruiser to the rescue again. Here is his photo of a Pig Patty Burger!

So glad you posted the picture of the Pig Patty. Love bacon on my burger but I just hadn't seen what it looked like so didn't know what to expect. Now I know what I'll be ordering!!!

I never eat fast food. I never eat hamburgers. I rarely eat greasy foods.

I looooooooved Guy's burgers though! They were the perfect thickness. I hate a super thick patty, which is the biggest reason I don't eat burgers. I didn't think they were greasy at all. I could have probably eaten one a day if I weren't the type of person who wanted something different every day. I think I did fit two in on a five day cruise though :D