Cruise Log

Alphen

You should have gotten one.

We got one on our last cruise.

Maybe if you list the ship and date of your cruise someone can scan it and you can print it out from here (if someone saved theirs).

I don't think anoyone else got it, you normally see them in the mailboxes next to the door around the corridor, a sign that others got it and you didn't, but not even that, otherwise I would have missed it on board!

Just returned from our latest cruise and we did not receive a cruise log with a recap af distance traveled and so on. Is this normal these days?

Where can I turn to, to receive one ?

You should have gotten one.

We got one on our last cruise.

Maybe if you list the ship and date of your cruise someone can scan it and you can print it out from here (if someone saved theirs).

Perhap another cutback! :confused: After all, these 'cruise logs' have to be hand delivered to the mail holder of every stateroom on the morning of disembarkation so with the reduction in staff, coupled with the extra duties that all the staff have to perform on the day of disembarkation, then perhaps they now have to be picked up at the Front Desk, such as has to be now done with the daily news bulletins, that formally were also delivered daily to every stateroom! ;) Did you ask at the Front Desk on the morning of your disembarkation why the cruise log had not been delivered to your stateroom? :confused:

Perhap another cutback! :confused: After all, these 'cruise logs' have to be hand delivered to the mail holder of every stateroom on the morning of disembarkation so with the reduction in staff, coupled with the extra duties that all the staff have to perform on the day of disembarkation, then perhaps they now have to be picked up at the Front Desk, such as has to be now done with the daily news bulletins, that formally were also delivered daily to every stateroom! ;) Did you ask at the Front Desk on the morning of your disembarkation why the cruise log had not been delivered to your stateroom? :confused:

Unfortunately we only remembered a couple of days after our cruise, but have not seen them outside other cabins, otherwise the penny would have dropped while on board!

You get the Cruise Log the last night of the cruise -- not in the morning.

That is where the times for breakfast is listed for disembarkation morning.

Perhaps just an oversight! A piece of equipment broken down, one side of a deck missed, etc.? We received cruise logs on both legs of our recent Nieuw Amsterdam colllector's cruise.

Those daily news bulletins are available all over the ship---the Lido, Crow's Nest, etc. No need to go to the Front Office to get one. IMHO, I wonder how many people actually read those daily news bulletins. I know we do, but overall, I would guess many just put them into the recycle without ever glancing at them.

You are correct KK, the cruise log is placed in your cabin on the last evening---I hadn't thought of that. So, perhaps the cabin steward forgot or ran out of them and didn't have the opportunity to return later to place in the cabin.

Edited by adrift@sea

Alphen,

we were on the same cruise and I have received one (actually I received two, since I was on the previous cruise as well). It was on my bed. I can scan it for you, but think you have to be a little patient, since I do know my printer can scan as well, but at the moment, I have no clue how to perform such a task! If you are interested, please let me know and if you give me your e-mail address, I can send it to you.

Alphen,

we were on the same cruise and I have received one (actually I received two, since I was on the previous cruise as well). It was on my bed. I can scan it for you, but think you have to be a little patient, since I do know my printer can scan as well, but at the moment, I have no clue how to perform such a task! If you are interested, please let me know and if you give me your e-mail address, I can send it to you.

Somehow they skipped our cabin :mad:

If you would be able to scan your copy, I would be very hapy :D

No hurry; My e-mail; sensorthree at hotmail dot com

Thanks in advance :)

We have never failed to receive the cruise log.

You could have spoken with your cabin steward and (s)he would get one for you.

Edit: Sorry, I just looked at your other post and see you didn't realize you hadn't received the log until a few days later.

Edited by sail7seas

Just returned from our latest cruise and we did not receive a cruise log with a recap af distance traveled and so on. Is this normal these days?

Received one in our cabin mailbox on NADM, a week ago last Saturday so it's not a matter of "cutbacks". Sometimes, on the evening they are being distributed by HK, they get removed by other pax who, for whatever reason, require a second one and feel that's the best way to go about obtaining it!:

Edited by Copper10-8

Alphen; what were the dates of your cruise on RTDM; from when to when?

22 december till january 8, Rotjeknor to Rotjeknor ;-)

RTDM is sending me a scanned copy of your missing cruise log - They want to know if you want it in English or Dutch; I told them English ;) - As soon as I have it, you'll have it

Edited by Copper10-8