mini-suite perks?

sjde

Do the Mini suites (on the Jade) come with any perks like concierge or are they just a bit bigger than a standard balcony stateroom?

Welcome to Cruise Critic. This topic comes up almost every day. The mini is really a deluxe balcony. No extra perks.

Basically in a condensed format - a mini-suite has a bathtub rather than a

superman telephone booth shower - ooh that plastic shower curtain just

attacked me. On the SUN the bath-toilet facility is in a separate cubical from

the sink and storage closets which is separated from the rest of the cabin.

This is what makes the cabin a bit bigger - the main portion of the cabin and

balcony are virtually the same size as a balcony cabin.

We have been in the mini suites on the Dawn and Jewel class ships which are not like the Sun. As all have said, no suite perks, but they are nice deluxe balcony cabins. The cabin is a bit longer than a regular balcony room and has a small writing/dining table with a couple of chairs. The added room is in the sitting area near the sliding door. There is a curtain you can pull across the room to separate the sitting area from the bed. The balcony may be a bit bigger than a regular balcony but isn't suite size by any stretch of the imagination.

There is no shower curtain on the Jade. The bathroom is a nice design with dividers for the shower/tub and wc. The tub is quite small and deep though, so not really a benefit in my book. All the minis are on deck 11 under the pool deck, buffet galley and fitness center, so be careful about choosing your location. It is nice and quiet forward near the bridge.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Our first NCL cruise was on the Dawn in 2005. It was in a mini suite. At that time mini suites including concierge service, which is probably why they were named that. I think the names should be changed now as mini suites really have no perks other than a bigger room, curtain between bed and sitting area, and bath tub. Our mini suite bathroom on the Sun was awesome!! Full-sized tub, separate toilet area, and full vanity with walk-in closet.

No. It's a deceptive practice by NCL to get you to purchase a more expensive product thinking you will get perks when in reality you won't.

You were lucky because you checked with us before you got duped.

Hahahaha :p Plus they trick you into thinking thats real water

your floating on .. Its all an illusion . ;)

Also, contrary to what some jeerleaders have in their signatures, your Daily Service Charge cannot be removed without explanation. If you have a problem give them a chance to resolve it.

These constant unsubstantiated attacks on NCL tend to give new nembers incorrect information. Welcome to Cruise Critic and weigh all information carefully.

Just a bit bigger. Some have a bathtub. No suite perks.

actually, most have a bathtub. Only you can decide if the extra cost is worth it. DW prefers baths so for us, it is worth it. Size difference (average) between the balcony and the minisuite: Balcony= 162 avg sf room + 38 sf balcony. Minisuite=231 avg sf room + 54 sf balcony. You also get a "curtain" that yo can pull which seperates the bed area from the living room (pull out sofa). There is a little more room to maneuver around the stateroom in the mini.

actually, most have a bathtub. Only you can decide if the extra cost is worth it. DW prefers baths so for us, it is worth it. Size difference (average) between the balcony and the minisuite: Balcony= 162 avg sf room + 38 sf balcony. Minisuite=231 avg sf room + 54 sf balcony. You also get a "curtain" that yo can pull which seperates the bed area from the living room (pull out sofa). There is a little more room to maneuver around the stateroom in the mini.

I don't understand why there is always at least one person commenting on how offering a mini-suite is deceptive. That's crazy to me. All you have to do is read the cabin type description on the website and it is clear there are no suite perks like a concierge or whatever. Are hotels deceiving people by offering mini suites that are just a bigger room? Of course not. Ridiculous.

Edited by monteman
Typppppos

I don't understand why there is always at least one person commenting on how offering a mini-suite is deceptive. That's crazy to me. All you have to do is read the cabin type description on the website and it is clear there are no suite perks like a concierge or whatever. Are hotels deceiving people by offering mini suites that are just a bigger room? Of course not. Ridiculous.

Sorry, do not agree with this.

Even though some hotels will use the term suite loosely, it does not mean NCL should. At least most hotel "fake" suites are indeed bigger, often with larger bathrooms, sitting areas, etc. The mini-suites on NCL ships are only slightly bigger, and some would say still smaller than regular cabins on other ships.

The rooms are fine, as we have booked them before.

There is just no reason that I can think of that the word "Suite" should be in the title. The consumer should not have to research to find out it is not a suite in any sense of the word.

Sorry, do not agree with this.

Even though some hotels will use the term suite loosely, it does not mean NCL should. At least most hotel "fake" suites are indeed bigger, often with larger bathrooms, sitting areas, etc. The mini-suites on NCL ships are only slightly bigger, and some would say still smaller than regular cabins on other ships.

The rooms are fine, as we have booked them before.

There is just no reason that I can think of that the word "Suite" should be in the title. The consumer should not have to research to find out it is not a suite in any sense of the word.

I agree with you 100%. As I have been around here a while now, this question gets asked often. So, even with a detailed description on the NCL website plenty of people come here to ask. Since the mini suites are closer in price, size and amenities to balcony rooms than they are to suites the distinction of calling it a mini "SUITE" implies more than what is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I know when I sailed in a mini suite on Princess all I got was a bigger room with a bathtub. The only perk they offer with their min-suites is a welcome glass of champagne. I don't think you hear people running around saying they are ceceptive in their lableing of the stateroom :rolleyes:

I agree that it should be better if the word suite wasn't included in the minisuite, deluxe balcony should be a much better name.

Minisuite is a bad name but I still think that it's up to the cruiser to research and find out what they are paying for.

People seem to do some research because thay know about the suiteperks but they don't research enough because they don't know that the minisuites doesn't get any suiteperks.