Upgrade Question

I was wondering when a ship is full are there chances of upgrades from lets say a Large Oceanview to a Balcony? If your room has been assigned at the time of booking versus a Guarantee.

Do ships ever move people around so one who is booked in an Interior gets moved to an Outside and one in an Outside gets moved to a Balcony.

Thanks.

I was wondering when a ship is full are there chances of upgrades from lets say a Large Oceanview to a Balcony? If your room has been assigned at the time of booking versus a Guarantee.

Do ships ever move people around so one who is booked in an Interior gets moved to an Outside and one in an Outside gets moved to a Balcony.

Thanks.

If a ship is full, then there's no place to move anyone for an upgrade.

However, if a ship is not full, the revenue department might upgrade someone to a higher cost stateroom in order to free up the lower cost current stateroom, because they think there's a better chance to sell the current stateroom. If this happens, it usually happens in the last few weeks before the cruise.

Thanks.

If the ship is full I would not think that there would be a balcony to upgrade to?

Ahhhh, if the ship is full there will be nothing to upgrade to.....

When you arrive at the terminal you will see signs that the ship is sailing full. Once you board the ship you will see signs that the ship is sailing full and there are no possibilities to upgrade.

If I had answered this yesterday morning I would have said the same thing as everyone else.

However, when I printed out my Set Sail Pass last night I saw that we have been upgraded from an OV to a balcony on our upcoming Enchantment cruise:):)

This cruise has been showing as sold out for weeks. I sure can't figure out how got one, but Thank You RCL!!

If I had answered this yesterday morning I would have said the same thing as everyone else.

However, when I printed out my Set Sail Pass last night I saw that we have been upgraded from an OV to a balcony on our upcoming Enchantment cruise:):)

This cruise has been showing as sold out for weeks. I sure can't figure out how got one, but Thank You RCL!!

Good for you Ellen!:)

I got an upgrade on a "sold out" cruise a few yrs ago, apparently not all the most expensive suites were sold, so they did a shuffle to open up more inner or window suites - guess they had wait lists for them.

I was lucky and went from a balc to a JS.

The couple that got my balc were a guarantee window or above, and at first were given window room, and on the day we sailed, were changed to the balc.

Never know! Good luck. But remember, it is rare, so do not book a room you would not want to spend your vacation in - you may be stuck there.

Good for you Ellen. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. Enjoy.:D

2 wks before my cruise this past Dec I upgraded from a inside to a balcony $100

Did you call RCCL and ask how much it would cost to upgrade or did you notice online that the balcony staterooms were still selling at a cheap price? Also, are you higher in the C&A levels that you received a discount for the balcony?

Just because an ship has as many passengers as they can legally take, doesn't mean there aren't some cabins available! There are more berths than allowable passengers!!! It's possible they may upgrade...but don't hold your breath! If you booked a GTY, it's likely they will upgrade someone who paid full fare for that cabin, so they can give you the GTY catagory that you booked,.

Edited by cb at sea