Future Cruise

baxman

It's the only way to get the best choice of cabins.

Do you mean booking onboard? Totally disagree - I've never had a problem getting the best choice when I return and call my TA - she will pull them out of inventory -more than any future cruise consultant I have seen. I tested them on a cruise - they told me we had x choices - I didn't like them.

Got home - called my TA and she pulled it out of inventory and I had a cabin I liked. easy peasy with a good TA ;)

Like Lisa, I received the welcome home email today after our New Years cruise that ended January 5.

Right now I have nothing good to say about the on board future cruise consultant. We were told we had to buy future cruise deposits for our children when we shouldn't have as they're always in our cabin. Then we specified we wanted them in USA $ and she put the deposits in Canadian $. Thank goodness for a great TA who knows the ropes.

1of4, I was not impressed with the FCC on the Ryndam. She charged our credit card incorrectly (it was refunded) and I never did get any paperwork on board.

We got the email for additional onboard credit. My problem is I don't think the cruise I want (August 2015) will be available to book before the expiry date on the email. we did get hooked up with a PCC this time so I will email her before I lose that onboard credit.

Like you we had the US/Cdn problem too.

Edited by superoma

It's the only way to get the best choice of cabins.

Do you mean booking onboard? Totally disagree - I've never had a problem getting the best choice when I return and call my TA - she will pull them out of inventory -more than any future cruise consultant I have seen. I tested them on a cruise - they told me we had x choices - I didn't like them.

Got home - called my TA and she pulled it out of inventory and I had a cabin I liked. easy peasy with a good TA ;)

I agree, Kazu.

We never have any difficulty getting our cabin category of choice if we book early enough. Booking on board is a waste of my vacation time and I have no desire to work with a FCC who has no interest in us other than the commission (s)he earns by selling us a cruise. They don't like we are always in a suite and buy the FCD's from them but don't book the cruise. There have been times they tried to be a bit more pushy than I was willing to put up with. Needless to say, that was ineffective.

Wonder if I have booked my cruise already for 2015 ? Would it still be possible to apply FCD & ZPM ?

We were worried we lose the special room 4166 on Noordam next feb if we wait so we booked a month ago.

Wonder if I have booked my cruise already for 2015 ? Would it still be possible to apply FCD & ZPM ?

We were worried we lose the special room 4166 on Noordam next feb if we wait so we booked a month ago.

You probably can get FCD applied but not likely ZPM. The whole point of ZPM is to get you to book another cruise within a given amount of time after the recent cruise that triggered you getting the e-mail...... IF you get the e-mail. If you had already booked the cruise, there is no incentive for them to give additional credit. It wouldn't be a new booking.

You probably can get FCD applied but not likely ZPM. The whole point of ZPM is to get you to book another cruise within a given amount of time after the recent cruise that triggered you getting the e-mail...... IF you get the e-mail. If you had already booked the cruise, there is no incentive for them to give additional credit. It wouldn't be a new booking.

Curious - If Thebes already booked his next cruise, wouldn't he have already paid his deposit? Would it do him any good to buy another FCD for that cruise, in order to get OBC's from the FCD?

Curious - If Thebes already booked his next cruise, wouldn't he have already paid his deposit? Would it do him any good to buy another FCD for that cruise, in order to get OBC's from the FCD?

Some people have done it. You have to pay the full amount at some point so why not put down the FCD and get OBC? In the end, you won't be paying anything additional for your cruise you'll just be paying a little more prior to final payment due. If it's a suite and $100 pp OBC, it's worth it IMO to put up a little more money to get the credits.

Some people have done it. You have to pay the full amount at some point so why not put down the FCD and get OBC? In the end, you won't be paying anything additional for your cruise you'll just be paying a little more prior to final payment due. If it's a suite and $100 pp OBC, it's worth it IMO to put up a little more money to get the credits.

I never thought of it that way. Good idea. In other words, you would just be applying two deposits (the one he already did and a new one) ... and therefore would get the benefit of the OBC.

Edited by Linda&Vern

I never thought of it that way. Good idea. In other words, you would just be applying two deposits (the one he already did and a new one) ... and therefore would get the benefit of the OBC.

Yes.

In the end, your cruise would cost you less because you get the OBC. :)

Now, why do I suspect that HAL makes sure that email gets to everyone who is relatively new and might miss some well cruised people :rolleyes::D

Last August was out first cruise with HAL. We purchased future cruise deposits and when after we got home we did not receive any sort of offer either by e-mail or regular post. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it doesn't matter... I just booked (10 days ago) for March 2 of this year... I snagged 4166 & 4168 on the Eurodam... both avail about 60 days out.

• 9 months later...

Hi,

we just returned from our first HAL cruise and loved it.

We tried many other cruiselines before, but none of them were so great as our HAL cruise was, even we had bad weather the first days in the Caribbean.

Because we did not know which cruise to book we bought an Future Cruise Certifikat for both of us.

I now have some questions :

- it might be that we also won't get that email you are talking about because we are from Germany - what does ZPM mean ? Because I will ask my TA about it :o

- we bought an FCD for 100$, but now found a cruise with more than 21 days (22 days ;o) - can we also use it for that cruise ?

Thank you for your help.

Greets

Janine

Hi,

we just returned from our first HAL cruise and loved it.

We tried many other cruiselines before, but none of them were so great as our HAL cruise was, even we had bad weather the first days in the Caribbean.

Because we did not know which cruise to book we bought an Future Cruise Certifikat for both of us.

I now have some questions :

- it might be that we also won't get that email you are talking about because we are from Germany - what does ZPM mean ? Because I will ask my TA about it :o

- we bought an FCD for 100$, but now found a cruise with more than 21 days (22 days ;o) - can we also use it for that cruise ?

Thank you for your help.

Greets

Janine

So glad you enjoyed your cruise.

The ZPM is a promotion code for HAL when they welcome you back and offer you obc if you book within 60 days (approximately) of your return of your cruise.

You can still use your FCD, you will just have to 'top it up' and you will receive the equivalent OBC for that amount. I usually only buy the $100 one and then 'top up' for my cruises since I usually don't know which cruise I am going to book when I am on board.

If I remember correctly, for my 20 day cruise, the 'top up' was $150 each.

hope this helps and kudos for getting the FCD on board :)

Oh yes that helps :D

We think of going with the Zaandam in December 2015 to Antarctica and we want to cruise in April or May next year. But don't know where to go ...

Maybe to the mediteranian sea, the Cruise with the Osterdam from Sydney to Vancouver or Alaska (we have been there last year)or New England - but we don't know if we will like it there...

@kazu

Have you been on a Panama Cruise before ?

We had asked us, if it is an interesting cruise ...

Thank you

On my recent Eurodam cruise the future cruise consultant shared with me the following changes:

For a cruise lasting 3 to 21 days only a $100 deposit is required, 22 to 50 requires $300 and 51 days or longer require $1000. Additionally the deposit can be refunded at any time.

I think I have a copy of the new form and can share with halfacts if they want to post it online.

On my recent Eurodam cruise the future cruise consultant shared with me the following changes:

For a cruise lasting 3 to 21 days only a $100 deposit is required, 22 to 50 requires $300 and 51 days or longer require $1000. Additionally the deposit can be refunded at any time.

I think I have a copy of the new form and can share with halfacts if they want to post it online.

According to my FCD that I just got and took a look at, it is the same.

Never thought about submitting it to HALfacts - can you believe I said that????

I'm embarrassed :o

I can submit mine. I just have to scan it and black out the personal info.

hanging my head in shame :o:p

Edited by kazu

Oh yes that helps :D

We think of going with the Zaandam in December 2015 to Antarctica and we want to cruise in April or May next year. But don't know where to go ...

Maybe to the mediteranian sea, the Cruise with the Osterdam from Sydney to Vancouver or Alaska (we have been there last year)or New England - but we don't know if we will like it there...

@kazu

Have you been on a Panama Cruise before ?

We had asked us, if it is an interesting cruise ...

Thank you

We have done a partial Panama (10 day Sunfarer) and really enjoyed it.

We are doing our first full Panama in April this year. There are many on this cruise that do the Panama on a repeat basis. They really enjoy it and find it fascinating.

According to my FCD that I just got and took a look at, it is the same.

Never thought about submitting it to HALfacts - can you believe I said that????

I'm embarrassed :o

I can submit mine. I just have to scan it and black out the personal info.

hanging my head in shame :o:p

There is already a May/14 brochure for the FCD program on HALfacts.com. It's on the general tab. It doesn't sound any different from what was available in May/14 but you might want to check it to be sure.

There is already a May/14 brochure for the FCD program on HALfacts.com. It's on the general tab. It doesn't sound any different from what was available in May/14 but you might want to check it to be sure.

Thanks:D I just post the stuff - don't always remember it all:D

I will check. Now that you say that I think you are right.

I'll check though to see if it matches just to be safe