MS Westerdam Sail-Away-Jan. 18, 2014

aliaschief

I'm uncertain for tonight. I must leave for the Baltimore Symphony but may be able to hold off until about 4:30 so it will be touch and go. Just a reminder as well that Queen Elizabeth and Scrapnana are in New York, due to leave at 21:00 eastern time.

http://nyharborwebcam.com

and Dave and Lou have a great new webcam:

http://portnywebcam.com

I watched the arrival this morning but will definitely be at the Symphony when she leaves.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
typo

I'm uncertain for tonight. I must leave for the Baltimore Symphony but may be able to hold off until about 4:30 so it will be touch and go. Just a reminder as well that Queen Elizabeth and Scrapnana are in New York, due to leave at 21:00 eastern time.

http://nyharborwebcam.com

and Dave and Lou have a great new webcam:

http://portnywebcam.com

I watched the arrival this morning but will definitely be at the Symphony when she leaves.

Roy

thanks for the link Roy :D

Sadly, I won't be here - I will be attending a funeral.:(

So sorry to hear this startwin. Sympathies for your loss.

Chief - plan to be here :D

I hope to be here. My computer (MacBook Pro) went wacky yesterday (wacky - technical term!), and I had a hard time with two sites open. Finally, I closed the PEW site, but continued getting the sound from it :eek:, even when I shut down Safari altogether. Then I tried to quit safari and I couldn't, so I had to force it. And then I just put the computer to sleep for a few hours, so that when I came back the sound was off, and I started all over again. Now, today, I'm afraid to open a second site! So I may be watching the sailaway, without logging on to CC. I'll just have to switch back and forth until I figure it all out. At least my tech expert (DD) has arrived and can help me.

I hope to be here. My computer (MacBook Pro) went wacky yesterday (wacky - technical term!), and I had a hard time with two sites open. Finally, I closed the PEW site, but continued getting the sound from it :eek:, even when I shut down Safari altogether. Then I tried to quit safari and I couldn't, so I had to force it. And then I just put the computer to sleep for a few hours, so that when I came back the sound was off, and I started all over again. Now, today, I'm afraid to open a second site! So I may be watching the sailaway, without logging on to CC. I'll just have to switch back and forth until I figure it all out. At least my tech expert (DD) has arrived and can help me.

hope they can help you Vict0riann. One thing that has helped me sometimes - is just to turn off the computer and reboot the modem. Leave it off for one minute and then restart it and turn your computer back on.

You've probably already tried that though. Hope to see you here later and good luck :)

hope they can help you Vict0riann. One thing that has helped me sometimes - is just to turn off the computer and reboot the modem. Leave it off for one minute and then restart it and turn your computer back on.

I don't know what "rebooting" is!:D I am not a technical person. But does that mean the same thing has happened to other people? I think there is a plan afoot (now that DD is here to bully us) to get a new and faster modem, and all will be well.

I don't know what "rebooting" is!:D I am not a technical person. But does that mean the same thing has happened to other people? I think there is a plan afoot (now that DD is here to bully us) to get a new and faster modem, and all will be well.

Rebooting is shutting your computer down completely via the power source switch, waiting a bit and then turning the power back on

Twenty-six & snowy in West Central Ohio with temps all downhill from here for most of the next week. I'll be watching the sail-away and imagining warm breezes. Getting cabin fever and too much winter still to come. Time to search for another spur-of-the-moment cruise.

Rebooting is shutting your computer down completely via the power source switch, waiting a bit and then turning the power back on

exactly and the same thing for the modem - Vict0riann - sounds like you haven't done it before so - first turn off you computer. Then turn off your modem. Wait one minute and then turn on the modem and then turn on the computer in that order. The computer/laptop/ipad/whatever MUST be off when you shut down the modem and the modem must come on first :D

My heavens doesn't Victoria B.C. have high speed /broad band/ fibre op there yet? :p Can't believe the Maritimes are ahead of you guys :D

Port schedule now shows Westerdam sailing at 4.30 PM

Thanks for the heads up. not good - if they stall Master Marley will be hungry and not send good vibes. I will play it by ear and perchance feed him early - LOL

Checking in for today

And I thought rebooting you computer was where after you have "booted" it across the room, you "reboot" back across the floor. At least that is what I usually do.

Edited by lka1012