Using rum runners in their checked bags

you just know the kind of people that you are dealing with when they just can't stand to not reply with a nasty and rude comment. Either they are 8 years old, or just rude. Hmmm....

The whole point to these boards is to get constructive and new answers without having to search and find answers that are outdated or not relevant or recent. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.

However, after perusing some of bchalker's previous posts, i wouldn't expect anything more or less than a rude comment.

like!!!

The whole point to these boards is to get constructive and new answers without having to search and find answers that are outdated or not relevant or recent. If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your mouth shut.

I don't care if you smuggle booze or not but I'm not sure how you consider teaching others to beat the cruise company out of revenue a constructive topic.

Edited by Big_G

Okay, I'd like to have NO responses from the "holier than thou" people who only have negative comments to write, and apparently have never lied or done ANYTHING wrong in their life....what exactly does this thing do? It says that it's undetectable....so the x-ray machines don't see that there's liquid in there? As stated previously, I have never heard of this before, but am interested.

Again, only constructive answers please. No answers from those that are perfect, please.

Constructive answer - Google "rum runner flasks" - you'll get all the info you need. Or do a similar search on CC to review the hundreds of previous threads as I mentioned earlier.

....and sorry - and no offense intended - but it sounds a bit "holier than thou" to sarcastically describe who should not answer and how they should not respond to you on a public forum....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I think some of you booze smugglers with children are missing out on a golden opportunity. You'll have to explain to your children that even though Daddy signed his name, giving his word promising to abide by the cruise line rules, that really doesn't mean anything because it's inconvenient, expensive, or whatever.

And the kiddies can help, make it a family game! I bet a teddy bear would be a great way to smuggle a 5th of rum or maybe you could fill a bunch of baby bottles with your favorite hooch. Hollow out a big box of diapers for a 12 pack. How about juice boxes? Think outside the box folks!

Maybe the kids can come up with some ways to help cheat, too. Remember, the family who cheats and lies together, uh... nevermind.

Constructive answer - Google "rum runner flasks" - you'll get all the info you need. Or do a similar search on CC to review the hundreds of previous threads as I mentioned earlier.

....and sorry - and no offense intended - but it sounds a bit "holier than thou" to sarcastically describe who should not answer and how they should not respond to you on a public forum....

I seriously doubt that all of these holier than thou types have NEVER broken a rule in their life...I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm being honest. I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken a rule in their life, or at least thought about it. I had honestly never even heard of this, so I would never even begin to know to google it...plus I didn't start the post.

And as far as telling people how to respond.....I don't think ANYONE who comes to these boards is asking for any negative comments or criticism or smart alec comments. They are seeking helpful information. I doubt you can seriously debate that.

Love when people say, "and no offense intended"...that clearly means that are about to say something offensive.

Again, if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut.

My brother in law packed one with Vodka on our last cruise and it burst in his luggage. He had vodka soaked clothes.

What goes around, comes around! :D

Just put a crowbar in your wallet and pay for your drinks!

well stupid is as stupid does.. obviously he didn't read the instructions and over-filled them.

Just a thought but don't you think that the people, staff and security alike. who work for the cruise ships, read these posts?:rolleyes: Boy, if I wanted to do something sneaky and run the risk of getting caught, I sure as heck would not be posting it for all to see on CC!:eek: Sorry about this comment but DUH!:o Carry on!

yes they read these post but RCI doesn't care to enforce the 'rule' it's only in place to catch the slow learners who try to bring on 5 gallons of booze. but an 8oz'er in two cargo pockets and walk right on.

Edited by Sherlock43031

Has anyone used rum runners in their checked luggage? Going out of Ft.Lauderdale on Oasis, have any problems?

I have put them in my checked baggage several times and have never been caught. I put another plastic zip bag around them to prevent clothes from getting wet if they leak, but they never have. I still buy drinks onboard and wine with dinner, so the cruise lines are still making money off of me!

The poster is just trying to get input it's really unnecessary to call him / her a cheapskate. However the op has to understand the contrived nature of the post. I don't want to go as far as saying it's stealing, but it's not right either.

With that being said there so happens to be a dollar tree next the the movie theater in my hometown that does very well selling the same candy as the movie theater at a quarter of the price.

Lesson here. You and everybody else knows it happens. There is a risk. It's unnecessary to post something you already know the answer to. It's a rum runner and not a rum walker. They do sell quite a few yes :)

I seriously doubt that all of these holier than thou types have NEVER broken a rule in their life...I wasn't being sarcastic, I'm being honest. I don't know of anyone who hasn't broken a rule in their life, or at least thought about it. I had honestly never even heard of this, so I would never even begin to know to google it...plus I didn't start the post.

And as far as telling people how to respond.....I don't think ANYONE who comes to these boards is asking for any negative comments or criticism or smart alec comments. They are seeking helpful information. I doubt you can seriously debate that.

Love when people say, "and no offense intended"...that clearly means that are about to say something offensive.

Again, if you don't have anything nice to say, then keep your mouth shut.

Gee, really? Not too judgemental. And after I followed your instructions and gave you such an honest and constructive answer! Guess you missed that....but if you follow what I suggested you will find the helpful information you seek.

Oh well, enjoy.....

Wear cargo shorts and put one in each cargo pocket.

This works, did it on last cruise. Also in luggage, have for the last 6 cruises...haven't been caught... yet!

And no, i'm not a cheapskate.. spend tons and tons of money on the ship. regardless, I couldnt care less what anyone says... if that makes me a bad guy, then i can live with it. usually the most critical ones are the ones that are hiding the most skeletons in their closets. cheers!

Edited by klfhngr

Never had an issue usually saves $400 per trip, some people get crazy about it on here. But seriously if I go to the four seasons in Kauai I can bring any liquor I want not sure why cruises just can't adjust their policies. It doesn't stop me from buying drinks on the cruise, my wife onl drinks girlie drinks

You just know the kind of people that you are dealing with when they just can't stand to not reply with a nasty and rude comment. Either they are 8 years old, or just rude. Hmmm....

However, after perusing some of bchalker's previous posts, I wouldn't expect anything more or less than a rude comment.

If I might make a recommendation: check out the "ignore" option under your User CP. I am sure you have found a select few posters who consistently post inflammatory, nasty, and rude comments. By putting them on ignore you will find that you aren't tempted to ask them if they are still beating their wife and kicking their dog. And just concentrate on those posters who post in a polite and informative way.

I think some of you booze smugglers with children are missing out on a golden opportunity. You'll have to explain to your children that even though Daddy signed his name, giving his word promising to abide by the cruise line rules, that really doesn't mean anything because it's inconvenient, expensive, or whatever.

And the kiddies can help, make it a family game! I bet a teddy bear would be a great way to smuggle a 5th of rum or maybe you could fill a bunch of baby bottles with your favorite hooch. Hollow out a big box of diapers for a 12 pack. How about juice boxes? Think outside the box folks!

Maybe the kids can come up with some ways to help cheat, too. Remember, the family who cheats and lies together, uh... nevermind.

do you give a sermon every Sunday ?

or you could tell them Daddy just saved $100 and now you have more money to spend on video games. then they high-5 each other.

If I might make a recommendation: check out the "ignore" option under your User CP. I am sure you have found a select few posters who consistently post inflammatory, nasty, and rude comments. By putting them on ignore you will find that you aren't tempted to ask them if they are still beating their wife and kicking their dog. And just concentrate on those posters who post in a polite and informative way.

Mom says, thanks so much. I was wondering if there is a way that I can weed out the negativity. I appreciate the help!

Good point. There is no other reason to use them, is there? So rum runner users = cheapskates.

I use mine in my golf bag too, no bar on the 4th tee. I also use them at a hotel so I can enjoy a drink at a hotel that is not attached to a lounge so I don't have to drink and drive. If using a rum runner and not drinking and driving make me a cheapskate, than so be it.

I use mine in my golf bag too, no bar on the 4th tee. I also use them at a hotel so I can enjoy a drink at a hotel that is not attached to a lounge so I don't have to drink and drive. If using a rum runner and not drinking and driving make me a cheapskate, than so be it.

Very well said!

or you could tell them Daddy just saved $100 and now you have more money to spend on video games. then they high-5 each other.

Yeah, I guess it's just too much to expect adults to honor contracts that they agree to. Good lesson for the kids.