Freedom- Arrives St Thomas at 12 now?

kruzerci

Looking at cruises for next year and noticed that now Freedom does not arrive St. Thomas until 12 PM. I guess they just keep shaving off an hour from St. Thomas every year to save fuel costs.

The first time we did that route, we arrived at 9, then it changed to 11, now it's at 12 PM. Just seems like a really short, almost wasted day now. In the winter months, that just gives you five hours of sunlight.

On our last cruise on Freedom, we arrived at 12, and all aboard was 6:30 with a 7 sailing time. I don's see how that is a wasted day, it's almost 7 hours. Pretty typical times.

The morning is shot. I would not like these hours in port at all.

Looking at cruises for next year and noticed that now Freedom does not arrive St. Thomas until 12 PM. I guess they just keep shaving off an hour from St. Thomas every year to save fuel costs.

The first time we did that route, we arrived at 9, then it changed to 11, now it's at 12 PM. Just seems like a really short, almost wasted day now. In the winter months, that just gives you five hours of sunlight.

I agree, that really messes up the day.

I really dislike this!! We like to get out to the beaches early to get a good spot and avoid the afternoon sun.

That's what we do. It kind of ruins it, in terms of a beach day. I don't want to spend an hour getting to Sapphire or elsewhere and only have a couple hours on the beach.

It would be a different story if they simply couldnt get the ship there any earlier, but when it used to arrive at 9-10AM on the same itinerary, its just stupid to throw away the morning.

:rolleyes:

I did not know we arrived at noon! I booked our B2B assuming we arrived at 10 or earlier. This is ridiculous. They are trying to keep the ship moving as slow as possible to get better fuel mileage and keep pax on the ship :mad:

RCI has ruined their Eastern Caribbean itinerary. They want to keep passengers on "their" property as long as possible between CocoCay, the three sea days, and half day in St. Thomas to rack up those onboard purchases. It is so obvious.

Scratch the Freedom. I think we will just go on Oasis for a week. It at least has a decent time schedule in the Saints.