Luggage

emmasmomma11

I'm getting ready to sail on the Victory next month, and this is our first time cruising. I was wondering what's the weight limit of carry ons? I have kinda a large suitcase and can I just take it to my room myself and not wait for it to get there sometime later? Or do all bigger ones have to be checked? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm getting ready to sail on the Victory next month, and this is our first time cruising. I was wondering what's the weight limit of carry ons? I have kinda a large suitcase and can I just take it to my room myself and not wait for it to get there sometime later? Or do all bigger ones have to be checked? Thanks!

At the cruise terminal, there will be a scanner for carry-ons like the ones you see at the airport. I don't know if there is a weight limit, so long as the baggage fits through the scanner. If the suitcase is too large to fit through the scanner, you won't be able to take it with you. If you're bringing a set of weights for weight lifting in your carry-on, it might raise some eyebrows though.:rolleyes::D I would think that if it's not over 50 lbs., you should be all right.

Why schlep it around til the cabin is ready? You might be a few hours before you can get into your cabin, better off to leave it with the porters and have it delivered. Bring your necessaries in a smaller bag you can manage, with your swimsuit, valuables, and other things you don't want to be without until luggage arrives.

All bags are xray'd and unless your carry on fits in an airport scanner, you must give those bags to the porters. And believe me, it's so crowded in the gangway and elevators, you don't want to schlep your luggage with you for hours until your cabin is ready.

Agree with Sauer-kraut and kitty -- we carry-on'd (the airplane) ALL of our luggage for last month's Panama Canal cruise, but still HAPPILY gave up the 20" cases to the porter. We were late embarking (because NCL called us not once but twice and told us to be late!), so we were able to go straight to our cabin. By the time I had unpacked our two daypacks, our suitcases were delivered, and I was just about totally unpacked by muster.

If you are early, all the more reason to have the porters take your larger bags. Tip them $1-2/bag, it's worth it!

That's the rule of thumb for the cruise ships. Fighting a large suitcase yourself is another story. You will have stairs, narrow hallways and crowded elevators to contend with, not counting all the passengers looking for their rooms. Let them hand the suitcase for you.

Will that be the bag with the kiddie pool in it? Please remember to empty out the water before you pack it.

Will that be the bag with the kiddie pool in it? Please remember to empty out the water before you pack it.

Really? I was going to brings the kids pool with the water still in it, I'm glad u reminded me thanks for the helpful tip lol

I have decided to take a backpack as my carry on. A swimsuit, change of clothes, toiletries, phone charger and documents. I don't want to be tied up in security with them checking water or drinks. Plus with it on my back it is easier to handle rather than hauling a wheeled luggage behind you or knocking someone over with a sling bag.

On their website they state that carry ons have to be no larger than 16" H x 24" W with no length restrictions. Hope this helps. :)