DFDS Seaways

milolii

Hi everyone,

I gave a few questions about this ship/company. We are considering taking one of the ships from Copenhagen to Oslo after our Baltic cruise. I realise information can change but just trying to get some ideas.

How close is the departure area of one of these ships from where the cruise ships dock? We will be on the NCL STAR in August, 2015.

Is there a place to store our luggage and then visit Copenhagen? We plan to arrive before our cruise as well. So just may have lunch and an activity or 2.

Has anyone traveled on one of these ships? Is the crossing rough?

Has anyone stayed in a Commode cabin?

Thank you in advance.

Not a lot of help on this one - I have been sailing with DFDS few times to/from Copenhagen/Oslo - primarily to avoid driving.

DFDS is docking in the same are as the cruise ships, but not walking distance - location is Dampfærgevej 30, 2100 København Ø

You can check-in from 09:00 and need to be onboard at 16:15 - don't know if it's possible to store luggage - try to contact travel.sales@dfds.com.

Crossing can be rough but not necessarily. think that DFDS ships might be 'more sensitive' to rough sea than cruise ships.

I have no experience with Commode cabin? in general not the same level of service as at cruise lines.

Personally I would take a flight.from CPH to OSL

Btw its commodore, not commode. :D

The last time I went was almost 10 years ago in a inside cabin.

I have no clue about the luggage question, but the email that Hallasm provide should help you out.

The service that is provided has got some rewards over the year and my understanding is that the restaurants entertainment etc can rival some of the cruise lines.

But don't expect any shows or mega pools, but there is a little pool/spa area.

Hi everyone,

I gave a few questions about this ship/company. We are considering taking one of the ships from Copenhagen to Oslo after our Baltic cruise. I realise information can change but just trying to get some ideas.

How close is the departure area of one of these ships from where the cruise ships dock? We will be on the NCL STAR in August, 2015.

Is there a place to store our luggage and then visit Copenhagen? We plan to arrive before our cruise as well. So just may have lunch and an activity or 2.

Has anyone traveled on one of these ships? Is the crossing rough?

Has anyone stayed in a Commode cabin?

Thank you in advance.

It obviously depends on the weather but since it's in August it's unlikely the weather will be so bad that the crossing will be particular rough.

These are the cruiseferries in question:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Crown_Seaways

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Pearl_Seaways

Yes, and I made the same error! Thanks everyone for your answers.

Not really expecting a big cruise ship atmosphere, just a good bed, transportation and a voyage up the fjords.

Considering flying as well.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

have sailed with DFDS Newcastle to Amsterdam but can shed some light on commodore cabins

they are the upgraded ones-larger than standard but hardly luxurious by cruise ship standards

however on DFDS you pay for all meals including breakfast

the perk of a commodore cabin is that breakfast is included and you have a steward who will make a dinner reservation for you .there is also a fruit basket included[wow] and a tv

it really depends on the price difference between commodore and standard as to whether is worth it

It has to be noted that the ships that sails between Amsterdam and Newcastle is more older that Crown and Pearl Seaways so the standard is better.

Regarding the food its possible to prepay the dinner at a reduced price when booking the trip.

Edited by Danish viking