Can we control stateroom temperature?

ItzRav

I've always been impressed with how well the A/C works on Celebrity ships. The only exception would be the aging Century. Up on deck 12, port side, there were issues on our last cruise. The hallways were hot and our cabin would never cool down to a comfortable temperature. We called several times and talked to our cabin steward, but things really never improved.

We are returning to the Century in April and we moved our cabin location down to deck 9 to avoid having the same problem.

A/C issues were one of our main reasons for giving up on Holland America ships. Their smaller ships are notorious for having A/C issues.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

No way would I do that on a Caribbean cruise. Open balcony door = heat, humidity and insects.

Phil

That has never been our experience. As a matter of fact, we find the fresh sea air to be very refreshing. Also, humidity is very good for the sinuses and the skin. This has been our aproach on about 30 cruises.

There is no on/off switch, at least i did not find it on my last two cruises (S-Class).

We went to an environment lecture on Eclipse last year, the environment officer stated that A/C controls in the cabin cannot be switched off, and setting them at max or min just fouls up the room. His recommendation was to make minor changes to the thermostat, this is the most effective way to control your room temp.