Good deal or not?

Stoffel1982

Hi everyone,

A question... I booked a eastern mediterranean cruise for 10 nights, departing July 25. We paid $3800 for 2 adults including $225 on board credit + $75 excursion credit. We'll stay in a 2C balcony cabin (Celebrity Reflection).

Currently there's a promo with free beverage packages. Do you think we should try and ask if they could offer the same to us without paying extra? I know we got a good rate, but we did book really early...

Thanks for any input!

Chris

I assume that you are paying a total of $3800 total for a 2c veranda. That would be $1900 pp.

Based on the following prices now quoted on X's website, you have a great deal.

Inside1,849.00 USD*

Select Ocean View2,349.00 USD

Select Veranda2,549.00 USD

Select Concierge Class2,799.00 USD

Select Aqua Class3,049.00 USD

Select Suite4,499.00 USD

You can always call and ask for the beverage package, but I don't know why X would give it to you.

I personally think that drink packages are way, way overpriced. You have to drink a lot of alcohol to make to worthwhile, even if you drink the unnecessary bottled water or $5 coffee.

Tried to do this recently for a cruise in April 14 booked last Jan. They were willing to add the classic drinks providing we gave up the OBC we got for booking onboard. We also had to pay the current rate for the cruise, like the OP, considerably more than we paid. Now I like a glass of wine, just not that much!!

I've been looking at that sailing as well. Great deal based on the current pricing. Did you qualify for any discounts (retired, military, firefighter, etc) or was that just the price from the TA?

It never hurts to ask about the 1,2,3 package... you never know.

Like Sandancer, we booked our Eclipse cruise last March and tried to have the beverage package added to our booking. Again, we could but it would have cost us an extra £800 ($1200)....current price.......and again although we like a few drinks, we could buy a lot of drinks with £800........I don't think my liver would stand it!

Nope, but we did book early and were upgraded from an inside cabin to a 2C cabin.

There's no way i'm going to pay the full price of the alcoholic package. The non-alcoholic packages are not that expensive though...

I agree totally! Those drink packages are crazy expensive. Of course I don't drink that much, maybe 1 or 2 drinks a day while on a cruise so it's not cost effective for me to buy a drink package. some of those packages are $30+ per day extra I believe. I booked a 1wk cruise over a year and half ago that we are taking in in a couple of weeks and we got a 2A cabin for $879. Now with the 123go drink packages, they are about double the price of what we paid. those drink packages ain't free!!

Hi everyone,

A question... I booked a eastern mediterranean cruise for 10 nights, departing July 25. We paid $3800 for 2 adults including $225 on board credit + $75 excursion credit. We'll stay in a 2C balcony cabin (Celebrity Reflection).

Currently there's a promo with free beverage packages. Do you think we should try and ask if they could offer the same to us without paying extra? I know we got a good rate, but we did book really early...

Thanks for any input!

Chris

It's worth a try

Hi everyone,

Thanks for any input!

Chris

Surely you can call and ask but expect that they might let you with changes. Those changes will likely mean you will lose your obc and must pay the current price of the room. That's what the deal was with those on our sailing who had booked and wanted to change. Either, Or is my bet and experience.

By the way, their fresh squeezed orange juice... Is it really fresh squeezed (in front of you...) and what's the difference between a "premium" and a "specialty" coffee?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Stoffel1982

I have had success a few times but I had to pay the price difference between what I paid and what the new rate was. It was worth paying the extra.

Other times I had the promo and the price decreased. I could have received the decrease in price but since it was a different code rate I would have lost all the perks.

If your agent isn't willing to ask then it is time for a new agent.

Since you are not into the fianal payment and willing to risk losing your cabin you could also cancel and rebook with the same agent if you want or shop around for a different one. There are tons out there and many of the good ones advertise on this site.

.🌴🍸🍻