Mosquitoes in Feb/March

So lets talk mosquitoes in Perth!:eek:

It has been mentioned by visitors (especially from UK) that they are so big they can carry you off:D

If visiting Perth I highly recommend wearing a personal repellent during Feb and March or I guarantee you will be bitten alive.

Perth Mossies are not the little Knatts most others call mossies.

Mossies are attracted to the CO2 you exhale and if an "O" blood group you will be bitten a lot as they favour O blood group and seek you out from your exhaled breath.

Perth mossies bite from Dusk until Dawn and in between those times the flies take over so better practice your "Australian salute" :D

It has been mentioned by visitors (especially from UK) that they are so big they can carry you off:D

If visiting Perth I highly recommend wearing a personal repellent during Feb and March or I guarantee you will be bitten alive.

Mossies are attracted to the CO2 you exhale and if an "O" blood group you will be bitten a lot as they favour O blood group and seek you out from your exhaled breath.

Perth mossies bite from Dusk until Dawn and in between those times the flies take over so better practice your "Australian salute" :D

Very interesting about the blood type, it explains a few things.:D

And -- IF there are any mossies around , Feb/March would have to be their favourite month. They just love, warm , wet, humid times :)

Ah, Adelaide and Perth are extremely dry in February but we still have mossies.

I've always found it's the flies in Perth that are more problematic, not the mossies so much.

Edited by Pushka

:eek: *note to self - go out and buy another 3 cans of jungle formula*

hmmm.... I am blood group O, but so is Mr U2cruiser and they much prefer to eat me instead of him :rolleyes:

:eek: *note to self - go out and buy another 3 cans of jungle formula*

hmmm.... I am blood group O, but so is Mr U2cruiser and they much prefer to eat me instead of him :rolleyes:

Mozzies tend to prefer females as they have perfume on that attracts them. If there is one female in the group, I will not be bitten even when I have no repellant on.:D

Mozzies tend to prefer females as they have perfume on that attracts them. If there is one female in the group, I will not be bitten even when I have no repellant on.:D

WHAT did you have to go and tell them that for!!! Now, you've let the secret out!!! :(

Barry

I have not yet tried this myself but have received an e-mail message telling me that a spray bottle of Listerine keep[ the mozzies away spray around the ground where you are sitting and they disappear it says I am going to try this as I react badly to bites

Note to sel;f - buy husband some perfume and nag him into using it :D:D:D

:D Too funny!

Don't forget to order him a large beer every time you sit down anywhere, as the mozzies love that, allegedly, and you shouldn't get a single bite :cool:

It would be interesting to find out his blood group wouldn't it, if the blood group theory is to be believed? :)

Its true! they use CO2 canisters on slow release to attract mossies for Mossie counts, although its very hard to capture my O RHneg breath for use as it is usually way too busy taking away the breath of others :D:D:D

Its true! they use CO2 canisters on slow release to attract mossies for Mossie counts, although its very hard to capture my O RHneg breath for use as it is usually way too busy taking away the breath of others :D:D:D

LOL, that is funny but do dream on:p

Edited by MicCanberra

hello

No one has mentioned quinine you can find that in tonic water , so a few large G&T's will help to fight off malaria and ross river and a few other nasties.

And the worst place in OZ for mozzies has to be the little town of Loch Sport in Victoria , the mozzies there fly off with kangaroo's

best Regards

john

hello

No one has mentioned quinine you can find that in tonic water , so a few large G&T's will help to fight off malaria and ross river and a few other nasties.

And the worst place in OZ for mozzies has to be the little town of Loch Sport in Victoria , the mozzies there fly off with kangaroo's

best Regards

john

I am glad you are adding the gin so that the tonic water is not lonely.:D

Bitter Lemon drink (Schweppes make it) has quinine in it, flavours the Gin. Gin and Bitter Lemon, an old English drink, like G&T.

sounds good , but remember no ice cubes ... you never know whats in the water :D

Regards

John