Bring leftover Elite bar setup on next cruise?

-Lew-

We're packing right now for our Saturday flight to FLL and an interesting question came up. We have some liquor that was part of our Elite bar setup on a previous cruise. We'd like to pack it and bring it onboard. Anyone know how the Princess liquor a policy is interpreted in a case such as this?

Thanks…

Lew

You could probably try smuggling them in your carry on and hope no one notices, but if they're in your checked bags, they will most likely find them and confiscate them.

I don't want to resort to smuggling. We'll just enjoy them at home.

Thanks for your input…

Lew

One time we did a back to back cruise (sort of) with two days in between in Florida and we had left over vodka we took off with us on the first leg figuring we would drink it at the hotel. Well we didn't and we forgot about it in the bag and we carried it onto the voyage with no issues.

I guess it was smuggling but no one said anything.... I think if you want to bring it on bring it on, the worst thing that will happen is they take it.

Enjoy your cruise

Just an FYI for what its worth.... in St Thomas in December I purchased a box of 8 little (airplane size) bottles of flavored rums. When getting back on the Emerald, I went to the table to claim them and was waved on. They said that wasn't worth checking.

I occasionally enjoy some Bailey's in my coffee. Yes, I know it's against the rules, but I had about a half a dozen of the little airline type bottles on hand, and tucked them into several places in a checked bag. They went thru Princess screening with no questions asked.

I occasionally enjoy some Bailey's in my coffee. Yes, I know it's against the rules, but I had about a half a dozen of the little airline type bottles on hand, and tucked them into several places in a checked bag. They went thru Princess screening with no questions asked.

You were lucky! I had the one bottle of wine allowed in my checked luggage when I boarded the Ruby last Saturday. I flew to FLL and forgot to move it to my carry on. Well for the first time ever, Security on the Ruby searched my checked luggage. The note said "my luggage was searched because of suspected alcohol contents and that if what was in my checked luggage and my carry on exceeded the allowance, I would be hearing from them" Having my luggage searched didn't bother me as much as the condition they left my clothes in!!!!

We're packing right now for our Saturday flight to FLL and an interesting question came up. We have some liquor that was part of our Elite bar setup on a previous cruise. We'd like to pack it and bring it onboard. Anyone know how the Princess liquor a policy is interpreted in a case such as this?

Thanks…

Lew

Unless they're marked/stamped in some way, Princess wouldn't be able to validate that they came from the ship. People could then claim that .375s were bought on board and not opened, etc., and it would lead to more headaches.

Lew, if you actually find out this answer I would be very interested in knowing what it is. I always bring the extra little bottles with me but that was before they were really clamping down on the policy.

Have a wonderful cruise! :p

Thanks everyone…

We decided to leave the tiny bottles home. If I learn anything I'll be sure to post here.

We're in the JetBlue terminal at JFK waiting for our connecting flight to FLL. The wifi is soooo sloooow here I had to switch from my iPad Mini to cell service on my iPhone. Makes me feel like I'm already onboard the Emerald. :rolleyes:

Lew

Well for the first time ever, Security on the Ruby searched my checked luggage. The note said "my luggage was searched because of suspected alcohol contents and that if what was in my checked luggage and my carry on exceeded the allowance, I would be hearing from them" Having my luggage searched didn't bother me as much as the condition they left my clothes in!!!!

Was your luggage locked or unlocked?

If it was locked, they should not have opened it without you being there to unlock it yourself.

Thanks everyone…

We decided to leave the tiny bottles home. If I learn anything I'll be sure to post here.

We're in the JetBlue terminal at JFK waiting for our connecting flight to FLL. The wifi is soooo sloooow here I had to switch from my iPad Mini to cell service on my iPhone. Makes me feel like I'm already onboard the Emerald. :rolleyes:

Lew

Bon Voyage!