Eclipse Jan 25, 2014 scans

C 2 C

Have you had a 'Brunch' on this cruise?

I cannot tell from your scans, as the page with the meal times is not listed.

No Brunch as yet… perhaps on one of the two remaining sea days.

I have been told tomorrow..

It seems that I'm getting close to my bandwidth limit..

Your account is approaching the free 10GB bandwidth limit.

Get unlimited* with Photobucket Plus.

It's time to start deleting earlier posts...

WHERE did you dock today in St. Thomas ?

Thanks........

Lefty

We were told that this was the only time this year that we docked at Havensight. Crown Bay or tendering is in the future.

Thanks for these fantastic posts! Awesome.

Would be curious the hear your overall thoughts about this cruise. How did it compare with other Celebrity cruises you have been on? How would the food and service compare? Anything better or worse than usual?

I wondered if some of the MDR choices were pared back a bit from previous years, as some have suggested. Any highlights?

Did you try any specialty restos?

Scott

We were at Qsine because it does not exist on the other ships in our itinerary. We loved it as we did last year.

We will be in Tuscan tomorrow.

We have loved this cruise and have no complaints at all. The menu is not perfect according to my tastes but we ate in the buffet on two evenings.

The weather has been near perfect, the service great, the music the best ever.

We have heard a few complaints but a quick review of weather back home puts everything in perspective.

For a caribbean cruise we could not be happier.

We had the T-bone tonight and our only complaint was that Red Snapper, also available should have been on another night.

We've loved the cruise, the food, the service. Cruising with friends makes the whole experience even better. Every cruise is over before we are ready to disembark.

We were at Qsine because it does not exist on the other ships in our itinerary. We loved it as we did last year.

We will be in Tuscan tomorrow.

We have loved this cruise and have no complaints at all. The menu is not perfect according to my tastes but we ate in the buffet on two evenings.

The weather has been near perfect, the service great, the music the best ever.

We have heard a few complaints but a quick review of weather back home puts everything in perspective.

For a caribbean cruise we could not be happier.

We had the T-bone tonight and our only complaint was that Red Snapper, also available should have been on another night.

We've loved the cruise, the food, the service. Cruising with friends makes the whole experience even better. Every cruise is over before we are ready to disembark.

Thanks for this detailed and thoughtful reply.

Your positive attitude is absolutely contagious. You're my kind of cruiser! Your friends are fortunate to be aboard with you--and those of us on Cruise Critic who are enjoying the incredible work and patience you have demonstrated on here are lucky to partake of your wisdom.

I would be genuinely pleased to be aboard a ship with more passengers like you! Class act, all the way!

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Scott

There is a UK outfit called Cabin Scanner (google for the link). I used to use it a lot to check cabin load on a particular cruise I might be looking at. It's not real time regards availability but its close.

I think you mean Sea not Cabin:).

Will be on the Eclipse on Feb 22, first cruise ever, and this thread has been very helpful!

One question, and forgive me if I missed it- was ship time the same as local time at each port, or did it remain on Ft. Lauderdale time?

I'm doing some last minute excursion planning... :)

Will be on the Eclipse on Feb 22, first cruise ever, and this thread has been very helpful!

One question, and forgive me if I missed it- was ship time the same as local time at each port, or did it remain on Ft. Lauderdale time?

I'm doing some last minute excursion planning... :)

We changed time zones day two, (ahead one hour) and get our sleep hour back tonight..

Thanks very much for your posts and scans cruisenut they have given us a tremendous insight into our 1st Celebrity X cruise. We are aboard on 1st March 2015 in 7318 and our friends in 7320 they have never cruised with Celebrity either, so really looking forward to it. One small question what time is 'late' in relation the the end of band/guitarist/pianist performances please?

Does Celebrity still have the elaborate brunch in the MDR on one of the sea days? Maybe I missed it on the schedule but I haven't seen the brunch listed on your posts. It has been marvelous in the past.

Thanks for all your scans and comments. We'll be on the Eclipse February 22 and are eagerly awaiting our departure.

Thanks very much for your posts and scans cruisenut they have given us a tremendous insight into our 1st Celebrity X cruise. We are aboard on 1st March 2015 in 7318 and our friends in 7320 they have never cruised with Celebrity either, so really looking forward to it. One small question what time is 'late' in relation the the end of band/guitarist/pianist performances please?

I think these things generally finish at around 11.30. The disco is still going at that time and the Martina Bar is usually still busy.

Gordon

I think these things generally finish at around 11.30. The disco is still going at that time and the Martina Bar is usually still busy.

Gordon

Thanks for the reply Gordon we wouldn't consider that as 'late' but not a problem was just curious.

Thanks for the reply Gordon we wouldn't consider that as 'late' but not a problem was just curious.

I realise that we don't regard that sort of time as late but the larger cruise lines tend to follow US times - early dinners and, earlier than we would like, shows and entertainment.

We usually eat at 8.30 to 9.00 and don't finish until after 10 so we usually miss most of the shows. Would rather have a leisurely meals than rush to see something.

How busy has café Al Bacio been on your cruise?

On our last cruise, particularly when the weather was poor you couldn't get a seat. There seemed to be a fair number of people taking up space not actually using the café then.

On our last Caribbean cruise we were able to get a seat easily whenever we wanted.

I know in the past there have been delays in disembarkation from the Eclipse in Ft Lauderdale due to the configuration of the pier and customs. Once you are off the ship could you please comment on your experience.

Thank you again,

Gianna

I know in the past there have been delays in disembarkation from the Eclipse in Ft Lauderdale due to the configuration of the pier and customs. Once you are off the ship could you please comment on your experience.

Thank you again,

Gianna

What has your experience been as you were on that ship?

Cruisenut - thank you so much for taking the time to scan and post for your entire cruise. I BOARD TODAY as you disembark and so we will be passing each other. This information has been so helpful and added to the excitement. We watched on the port cam as you sailed away - I could see the people on my balcony (aft wrap) - tonight we'll be the ones waving!!!!!!!

What has your experience been as you were on that ship?

In 2013 there were very long snaking lines to get into the terminal, more lines to claim luggage and then lines for customs and taxis. Basically the terminal is inadequate and Celebrity is moving the Eclipse to Miami for 2015. The problems are specific to this terminal and debarkation from other X ships goes smoothly.

The 14 day is a wonderful itinerary and the Eclipse is a great ship. We will be sailing on her again February 22. The only downside is the terminal.

Disembarkation seems to have improved in 2014. Search the thread below for more disembarkation info. Eclipse Disembarkation - What was your....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1986253