Worse than they thought

tbill

This thread moves fast, not sure if I missed it or if it has been addressed at all; do they use ozone generators in sanitizing the ship? No real reason to ask; just curious.

Yeah, I'm curious, too. I don't know how they clean except a Clorox mixture on all the non-porous surfaces.

Hope everyone gets home safely and recovers quickly. What will be done to help the crew? I can't imagine cleaning up after that many people who were sick. Above and beyond of what I would want to do. It's not like you are cleaning up after someone in your own family. Will the crew get paid extra and get some time off? Did they still get their tips for the week? I hope RC treats them well.

Agree 100%. I hope they did get extra and are treated well.

This thread moves fast, not sure if I missed it or if it has been addressed at all; do they use ozone generators in sanitizing the ship? No real reason to ask; just curious.

Are those the back pack things that spray steam? I saw those being used by NCL on the Pearl, in that CNBC special, Big Money on the High Seas.

This has been such a dramatic read..like a suspense novel! From page one tbill sets up the stage with a less than popular position, then must defend herself against the mass of cruise critics! I myself thought if dh or i came down with the evil noro, perhaps staying in the cabin and self treating would be fine... that is the reason we're bringing zofran right dear? But wait, now we have the age old ethical dilemma, do we tell anyone?? Well, yes. Not to get any refund but to change our door decorations to quarantene and hopeour seapasses arent confiscated. Wait, i may have jumped a thread here. Who did it? Just tell me, cant take the pressure-who brought the lil virus on board, no bacteria, no virus! Quit fighting, i cant stand it when everyone fights! Was it a passenger or crewmember or the melon? OMG I NEED A VACATION I 'VE SAVED UP ALL YEAR AND ITS BUSH'S FAULT!

The Mayor of Easton PA, Sal Panto, gave an interview to our local television station regarding his cruise on the Explorer. He seems to have thoroughly enjoyed himself and has already booked next years cruise. Here's his quote about observing folks arriving for their cruise ill.

"Actually we saw people Tuesday in the terminal before you take the bus to the ship getting sick. They arrived sick," said Panto.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/Easton-mayor-back-home-after-cruise/-/132502/24190240/-/137avfz/-/index.html

????... again, my opinion. sorry if yours is different. to each is own... But thanks.

Tbill I think your fine. You have a right to your opinion and to defend your opinion. However for the sake of putting this whole thing to rest, you should consider just letting it go.

Your opinion is not your fault. Other opinions the same, though they can be a little nicer about it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. Have a lovely time in NYC and a great 2nd week on Explorer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So glad to hear that you are well and having a great time. Enjoy your second half of the cruise and hopefully you can keep warm enough to enjoy NYC for a couple of days. :-)

Are those the back pack things that spray steam? I saw those being used by NCL on the Pearl, in that CNBC special, Big Money on the High Seas.

I read they are bringing in a company from Florida that uses a special electrostatic disinfecting system to clean the ship.

The Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) posted this video about how cruise ships are disinfected after a norovirus outbreak:

Here's a 7-minute video about decon in a hotel room on YouTube. The procedure is slightly different in the US, but one can get a basic idea of the decon process:

My husband and I also sailed on this cruise. We had a very good time and did not exhibit any symptoms. Yes, the buffet food had to be served to you and the entertainment that was to board in St. Maarten were not able to come on board. The captain of the ship was so professional and compassionate. He spent a lot of time speaking to travelers with problems.

The crew was sensational! They worked so hard sanitizing the ship and doing double and triple duty. The activity director Erky and the Cruise director Leigh were helping out serving food I the buffet. One of the female singers, Ann was giving out plates and silverware at the Windjammer. We booked this cruise as a back to back cruise with the January 31 st cruise. Because the cruise was ended early we have been transported to a lovely hotel in the heart of midtown New York with the cruise line picking up the tab for two days. There is a bus load of cruisers at our hotel . Friday we all will be bused back to the ship. Are we going to sail again? We sure are.

Royal Caribbean is a class act. The compensation everyone got was more than generous. This cruise proved to me again that I remain loyal to royal.

This is nice to hear, thanks for sharing your story and have a great cruise, this one will be much better :)

My husband and I also sailed on this cruise. We had a very good time and did not exhibit any symptoms. Yes, the buffet food had to be served to you and the entertainment that was to board in St. Maarten were not able to come on board. The captain of the ship was so professional and compassionate. He spent a lot of time speaking to travelers with problems.

The crew was sensational! They worked so hard sanitizing the ship and doing double and triple duty. The activity director Erky and the Cruise director Leigh were helping out serving food I the buffet. One of the female singers, Ann was giving out plates and silverware at the Windjammer. We booked this cruise as a back to back cruise with the January 31 st cruise. Because the cruise was ended early we have been transported to a lovely hotel in the heart of midtown New York with the cruise line picking up the tab for two days. There is a bus load of cruisers at our hotel . Friday we all will be bused back to the ship. Are we going to sail again? We sure are.

Royal Caribbean is a class act. The compensation everyone got was more than generous. This cruise proved to me again that I remain loyal to royal.

It is good to hear that Royal Caribbean crew went above and beyond in this situation to help the passengers on this cruise. All the feedback I have read from passengers who were on the ship has been very complimentary to the crew.

How can RCCL or the CDC put 3000 more passengers on that ship this Friday and not know for sure what the problem was? How does that make sense?

You would think they could speed of the process to find out what caused this and why 1000 people got sick?

Jimbo:)

The CDC has said they'd have results later this week. I take that to mean today or tomorrow. I believe the cruise line is continuing on schedule to disinfect and depart on Friday. My understanding is the CDC does have the authority to hold up the ship if this turns out to be something other than Noro and they believe the ship is not safe to sail from a health perspective.

Last time, go back , refresh your memory and read your posts!...Sheesh:rolleyes:

Last Time... I am not selfish. I wrote my posts, I don't need to read them. If you don't agree with me fine... do not call me selfish. Sheesh is right!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by tbill

Last time, go back , refresh your memory and read your posts!...Sheesh:rolleyes:

Last Time... I am not selfish. I wrote my posts, I don't need to read them. If you don't agree with me fine... do not call me names. Sheesh is right!!! :rolleyes:

Who's calling you names? :confused:

As I understand it, the virus takes 24 hours or so to present with symptoms once contracted - it is not immediate. Very possible that woman contracted the virus late in the cruise and not show symptoms until after she disembarked and was home.

You can have it in your system up to 2 weeks before . Cdc

Nah, they are just very, very selfish people. Proof is in this thread many times.

You are right, in this thread and the other one locked up.

How can you cry out loud the cruise line is not doing enough and then ignore what the cruise line tells you and not Report when being sick, spreading the Virus around and putting the health of others onboard at risk.

Sure the OP is entitled to their opinion, but no way can a selfish opinion like this stay unchallenged in the open public.

You are right, in this thread and the other one locked up.

How can you cry out loud the cruise line is not doing enough and then ignore what the cruise line tells you and not Report when being sick, spreading the Virus around and putting the health of others onboard at risk.

Sure the OP is entitled to their opinion, but no way can a selfish opinion like this stay unchallenged in the open public.

Could not have said it better.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Last Time... I am not selfish. I wrote my posts, I don't need to read them. If you don't agree with me fine... do not call me selfish. Sheesh is right!!! :rolleyes:

Im wondering did you get a minute to watch the video on how cruise ships cleaned after an illness was reported? Notice the crew is wearing protective clothing, they place sheets and bedding in a bag and then into a box outside the cabin door, the box is clearly indicates the stuff inside is contaminated.