New Larger Ship in Galveston

Sounds like good news. :cool:

As far as the transportation issue to the port for those flying in, I think it would be a good idea for Royal Caribbean and Carnival to team up and help fund a commuter rail from Houston. Of course, transit agencies would have to fund the majority of it from taxes, and it would have to be used for more than just cruise passengers to get decent revenue from fares (think along the lines of daily commuters).

Ah you have a vision in the future!

One day one day in your lifetime.:)

Sounds like good news. :cool:

As far as the transportation issue to the port for those flying in, I think it would be a good idea for Royal Caribbean and Carnival to team up and help fund a commuter rail from Houston. Of course, transit agencies would have to fund the majority of it from taxes, and it would have to be used for more than just cruise passengers to get decent revenue from fares (think along the lines of daily commuters).

It would be easier for the local government to give Greyhound some tax incentives to restart their scheduled bus service to Galveston.

My guess would be Freedom. Sad as that is to say. I'll miss it when it does leave us.

My guess would be INDEPENDENCE.

She will be replaced by ANTHEM in Southampton, and why should FREEDOM leave Port Canaveral?

INDEPENDENCE would be the most possible option, or maybe LIBERTY, if she does not sail Europe in 2015.

Ah you have a vision in the future!

One day one day in your lifetime.:)

Hey Lee, if they had more than 2 guys working(and 10 supervising) after all these years, they probably could have had one by now;)

Back to the scuttlebutt

Since this will be our third cruise on the Nav(probably 4-5 before she leaves)

I look forward to any larger ship. The Indy does make the most sense

Edited by jonbgd

My guess would be INDEPENDENCE.

She will be replaced by ANTHEM in Southampton, and why should FREEDOM leave Port Canaveral?

INDEPENDENCE would be the most possible option, or maybe LIBERTY, if she does not sail Europe in 2015.

Does Independence leave Southampton

Or Ft Lauderdale in April 2015 ?

I will look up if you don't know by chance.

Only reason asking I would love to do

A Southampton to Galveston .

I think it is Ft Lauderdale?

We have really been changing our cruise schedule with

all this new information and choice possibilities.

Anyone know when Navigator arrives

Wednesday or earlier day this coming week.

Edited by ssb

I will look up if you don't know by chance.

Only reason asking I would love to do

A Southampton to Galveston .

I think it is Ft Lauderdale?

We have really been changing our cruise schedule with

all this new information and choice possibilities.

Anyone know when Navigator arrives

Wednesday or earlier day this coming week.

I read from another poster that the Navigator will be porting in Galveston at 8 on Tuesday morning.

Navigator will be in Galveston until April 2015 and then joining her sisters in Asia. Freedom is the what we've heard recently onboard from Officer's that will be replacing her in 2015. So excited to have RCCL back here year round. Wont be racking up too many airline points in the future!

Navigator will be in Galveston until April 2015 and then joining her sisters in Asia. Freedom is the what we've heard recently onboard from Officer's that will be replacing her in 2015. So excited to have RCCL back here year round. Wont be racking up too many airline points in the future!

That is interesting to hear about Navigator. I thought I heard somewhere here on CC that Explorer was the ship heading to Asia.

It will be larger than Voyager Class.

More info reinforcement of a Freedom Class . :)

Which ship in Freedom Class is everyone's guess??????

Time is on our side and will be soon as to which one.

Unless RCCL surprises with something else,

but I would doubt it.

Deployment schedules are subject to change without notice!

Edited by ssb

I thought the Nav goes to PR and replaces the Adventure

I thought the Nav goes to PR and replaces the Adventure

To bring myself up to date.

By chance do you know already present released deployment schedules

for all Freedom Class ships.

If not we can look up for sure.

Is there a announced release schedule for all deployments

Or are we just on wait?

All we really know is larger ship than Voyager Class in Galveston.

When terminal is completed.

CBP better have better facilities and more personnel

when Navigator returns with even more cabins and passengers;

or all this hype is for naught until terminal is completed.

I have communicated with Port, CBP, RCCL about the disembarkation issues

in Galveston . Hope some efficiency changes are presently being accomplished,

As promised to me.

Edited by ssb

Seems odd that they would pour the kind of money into Navigator that they just did if they're going to turn around and "Asianize" the ship next year. On Mariner's last Galveston sailing in 2013, they were already well into adding shopping space and removing bar/lounge space.

Seems odd that they would pour the kind of money into Navigator that they just did if they're going to turn around and "Asianize" the ship next year. On Mariner's last Galveston sailing in 2013, they were already well into adding shopping space and removing bar/lounge space.

Everything's seems stupid simple

But only RCCL knows .

Everything we hear is only as good as the day we hear it!

The summer season 2014 is the last season where INDEPENCE sails from Southampton, in 2015 she will be replaced by ANTHEM!

Until April 2015, she will be sailing 6-8 night cruises from Fort Lauderdale (very likely done by ANTHEM from Nov 15) and INDEPENDENCE should be deployed elsewhere after April 2015 - Galveston is the most possible option. ;)

Originally Posted by pspercy

Just looked on the traffic site, last report for Navigator 9hrs ago:

Last Position Received Out of range

Info Received: 8 h, 41 min ago

Area: Caribbean Sea

Latitude / Longitude: 24.28967 / -82.4165

Speed/Course: 22.20kn / 268°

Last Known Port: FREEPORT

AIS Source: 69

Destination GALVESTON TX

ETA 2014-02-04 11:30 UTC

Agreed. I think the only ship that will displace navigator is Indy. Then perhaps she'll move to Miami (replace Majesty?) or as other people have echoed San Juan

However, I'd like her to be be back doing her eastern med season in the summer if that's alright with everyone ;)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My vote is the Indy will replace Navigator in 2015 for year round cruises out of Galveston. Now if only she has longer and different ports I will book the first day available. I am really tired of the same old same old itineraries.

Note another thread has opened that reports that a Caribbean news publication reported that Navigator will replace Jewel out of San Juan commencing May 2015. Apparently, Jewel will return from Europe and Adventure will deploy somewhere else.

Which should lock a Freedom-class vessel in Galveston in late spring 2015.

Sadly, I had to kill my cruise in March for an overarching family trip and we're booked on Serenade out of New Orleans in Mar 2015, so will have to vicariously learn about and "enjoy" the revamped Navigator from all your reviews and experiences. :(

VR,

T Lex

My vote is the Indy will replace Navigator in 2015 for year round cruises out of Galveston. Now if only she has longer and different ports I will book the first day available. I am really tired of the same old same old itineraries.

I agree....I would LOVE to see a Key West and the Bahamas! :D