PD - which way is North?

bazzaw

Answer -- it is the opposite direction to South, which is where PD is now heading. Cyclone Dylan?

Barry

I think you might be right Baz.

Here is an extract from a bulletin from BOM this morning...

A strong ridge of high pressure extends through the Coral Sea to the south of the monsoon low. The two systems are currently combining to generate GALES at times along much of the east coast between Port Douglas and Proserpine. Winds are expected to increase further with DAMAGING WIND GUSTS to 120km/hr developing from late this afternoon and continuing into early Friday. As the cyclone approaches the coast, a storm tide is expected between Port Douglas and Proserpine, mainly on the high tide today, Thursday and Friday. Large waves may produce minor flooding along the foreshore.

Strangely I cannot locate any cruise ships up that way on my Live Ships Tracker site...although I can see ROS and Diamond P both off the coast of NSW heading South towards Melbourne.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

A shame they cannot go where they wanted, but at least they will have good weather now.:D

Where were they going? I thought it was just a 3 day cruise to nowhere.

I just checked the cam and they are getting really smooth and calm seas, so they will all be very happy.:)

Diamond p followed us from newcastle to Gabo Isl then dissapeared into the fog heading towards melbourne as we continued on to Hobart. Wr left Newcastle on Tuesday eve and arrived here in Hobart this morning. Glorious weather at 24c.

Hugh

On Radiance.

Diamond p followed us from newcastle to Gabo Isl then dissapeared into the fog heading towards melbourne as we continued on to Hobart. Wr left Newcastle on Tuesday eve and arrived here in Hobart this morning. Glorious weather at 24c.

Hugh

On Radiance.

Cool, enjoy your cruise and Hobart should have nice weather for the next couple of days as well.:D

Just passed the Diamond P heading back from Melbourne. Going thru Banks Straight off North Eastern Tassie. Must be heading back north?

Hugh

According to the Marine Traffic website the DP is on a heading of 119degrees @ 13.7knots. No doubt on her way to Hobart, and then on to NZ

cheers

According to the Marine Traffic website the DP is on a heading of 119degrees @ 13.7knots. No doubt on her way to Hobart, and then on to NZ

cheers

That would make sense as we are doing same speed and are on opposite course heading for Melbourne.

Its a perfect day out here with smoothe seas.

Not a good pic as it was taken on the Ipad, about half mile off.

90282860-3651-4A57-B65A-3C222F72ED3E_zpsj1msih1t.jpg

Hugh

That would make sense as we are doing same speed and are on opposite course heading for Melbourne.

Its a perfect day out here with smoothe seas.

Not a good pic as it was taken on the Ipad, about half mile off.

90282860-3651-4A57-B65A-3C222F72ED3E_zpsj1msih1t.jpg

Hugh

The weather looks fantastic and the pic looks just fine. :D