N Amsterdam bell photo?

tuolumne couple

i had never sailed the Nieuw Amsterdam, and was excited to do so. we had a great time, but the bow was never open for some odd reason. does anyone have a pick of the ship bell that i can have? i have a pic of every ship bell from the bow of every ship i have sailed on. i hate to lose tradition here.

i would love it if you could share it with me..

thanks

i had never sailed the Nieuw Amsterdam, and was excited to do so. we had a great time, but the bow was never open for some odd reason. does anyone have a pick of the ship bell that i can have? i have a pic of every ship bell from the bow of every ship i have sailed on. i hate to lose tradition here.

thanks

Seeing you love ship's bells so much, as do DH and I, you should think about sailing Veendam or Maasdam to Halifax. Very near the dock, Halifax has a nice Maritime Museum with a wonderful collection of ships' bells. We so enjoyed that exhibit. :)

An absolutely wonderful museum. Even my 20-something kids enjoyed learning about the waves of immigrants that made their way to Canada thru Halifax. They had obviously heard of Ellis Island and it's role, but none of us appreciated the role of Halifax. It was particularly interesting to see the history of post-WWII immigration that occurred thru Canada. We are actually very glad that the cold-rain drove us indoors to the museum.:)

thanks

Can't help with this one as haven't been on NA but not getting on the bow would be disappointing. I tend to take pictures of both the bell and the stern running lantern(s) with scenery in the background. It just looks shippy.

oh my gosh, thanks for all the pics and comments. funny, i have never posted a thread and i didnt think anyone would reply, but you all made my evening. thanks for all the pics and comments. really. you complete my album.

have a good day, i learned more and received more than i thought i would.

cruise critic rules.

oh my gosh, thanks for all the pics and comments. funny, i have never posted a thread and i didnt think anyone would reply, but you all made my evening. thanks for all the pics and comments. really. you complete my album.

have a good day, i learned more and received more than i thought i would.

cruise critic rules.

It makes me happy that you are so happy. :)

Wonderful you were able to get the photos you sought.

I love taking pictures of the ships' bells and have done so for the past few years. haven't sailed on NA so have none of that ship. I always look for the ships' bells on the sail away threads. Lou and Dave who operate the cameras take a really nice close up shot of the bow when each ship leaves FLL. If interested, you might want to watch sometime.