Tier benefit: Entertainment Tour and Behind the Scenes Tour

rrraydon

The entertainment tour takes place in the theater and usually involves a q&a with dancers/cast members of shows and then you walk around behind the stage.

It can be interesting....I've done it on smaller ships and it was ok. It was interesting to learn about the dancers training and contracts. I also did it on allure and that was way more interesting. The stage is more complex, more shows, and a better quality of singers/dancers.

I don't have personal experience with the behind the scenes tour. Sorry!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The entertainment tour takes place in the theater and usually involves a q&a with dancers/cast members of shows and then you walk around behind the stage.

It can be interesting....I've done it on smaller ships and it was ok. It was interesting to learn about the dancers training and contracts. I also did it on allure and that was way more interesting. The stage is more complex, more shows, and a better quality of singers/dancers.

I don't have personal experience with the behind the scenes tour. Sorry!

Thanks for the info. We'll be doing the entertainment tour on the Quantum next year and I anticipate it being AWESOME... :D

Thanks for the info. We'll be doing the entertainment tour on the Quantum next year and I anticipate it being AWESOME... :D

Oh yes, on the big ships I think it is much better! You'll get cast members from mamma Mia!

What is the difference between the two tours? What is your opinion of your experience of the two tours? Was this something you book prior to your cruise on RCI website or once onboard?

There is a big difference between the two. We have done the Entertainment tour complimentary as a C&A benefit, so I'm not sure of its cost. It is very good as a behind the scenes tour for the main theater. You see the operation back stage as well as the costume and set area and it includes a Q & A typically with the stage manager and one or two cast members in our experience. It lasts about 45 minutes and is limited to that theater.

The all access tour is $150 and typically includes (based on ship and what it has) a full galley tour, food storage areas, incinerator area, "I-95" in the crew deck, engine control room (but no access to the engine room), backstage at the ice rink and main theater, possibly some crew areas, and the bridge. The tour lasts about 3-1/2 hours and does not allow open toe shoes. You should call RCI or check with Guest Services on board as soon as you board as space is limited. Some ships offer this on line as a package with two specialty restaurants included.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Tier benefit.

...which also as a Diamond benefit includes the option of a Galley or Bridge tour as choices.

Just curious - your signature indicates only three previous RCI cruises with Quantum being your fourth, which would have you currently at RCI C & A Gold or Platinum level. The tier benefit for the Entertainment tour starts with Diamond level C & A benefits. What tier benefit tour are you referring to?

Unless I'm wrong with your RCI tier....

Edited by leaveitallbehind

...which also as a Diamond benefit includes the option of a Galley or Bridge tour as choices.

Just curious - your signature indicates only two previous RCI cruises with Quantum being your third, which would have you currently at RCI C & A Gold level. The tier benefit for the Entertainment tour starts with Diamond level C & A benefits. What tier benefit tour are you referring to?

Our household is Diamond. Thanks for the info..I didn't know about the bridge and galley also being options.

Just curious - your signature indicates only three previous RCI cruises with Quantum being your fourth, which would have you currently at RCI C & A Gold or Platinum level. The tier benefit for the Entertainment tour starts with Diamond level C & A benefits. What tier benefit tour are you referring to?

This from Royal Caribbean website:

Diamond and above members are eligible for Entertainment tour only. Behind the Scenes Tours including the Galley, Bridge, and enhanced Entertainment Tour with VIP Theatre Experience available only on cruise vacations of 5 nights or longer to Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members. Behind-the-scenes entertainment tour does not include galley or bridge tours for Diamond members. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to cancel these tours (ie. Due to security concerns).

We did the all-access on Indy in November, and it was well worth the expense. We saw the engine room, every part of the three galleys, the pantries (I was left behind in one of the walk-in fridges!), the laundry, the waste/recycling facilities (met the environmental officer), met some cast and crew for the theatre and ice show and had backstage access for both (rode the lift for the pit orchestra, held parts of the costumes, etc.), and of course visited the bridge and had a lengthy session with Capt. Teo. It was excellent, and took about 4 hours.

Only two little whinges, things which would've made it a bit better:

- we were given rather nice "loot bags", with all sorts of RC swag, but were given these after the first hour. We'd have preferred to get them at the end, both so we didn't gave to carry them for three hours and so the security officers at the bridge didn't have to check every single RCI-issued loot bag before letting us on the bridge.

- it was a bit relentless. A 15 minute break to allow us to use the loo, grab a coffee, and sit for a minute (I can walk for hours, but standing in one place for a length of time kills my back), would've been appreciated. In the pantry, one of the crew offered bottles of water and almost everyone took one; that was the only refreshment we had, and our tour started at 10am and ran through to 2pm.

In the engine room, the guide kind of checked out for a while: she sat in the corner and wrote what looked like a love letter. (I peeked because I thought she was making notes about the tour and was curious to see what was coming up.) Otherwise, she was engaging, although couldn't answer many questions, those were left up to the crew at each stop.

Overall though we really enjoyed it and felt it was money well spent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.

• 9 years later...
26 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

We'll be able to take the behind the scenes entertainment tour on our upcoming Vision of the Seas cruise when  we'll be Diamond.  I assume that they leave an invite in the cabin?

Yes. We forgot to go. 

A9D82A3C-2754-4160-895F-9F10A268CCAA.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yes.

image.jpeg.77e55bfe5674cac1493ca65eccaa0aa2.jpeg

13 hours ago, teddie said:

Yes. We forgot to go. 

A9D82A3C-2754-4160-895F-9F10A268CCAA.jpeg

Is this offered on the first cruise in which a person is at Diamond status, AND following cruises (until Diamond Plus status is reached with its different tour)?

I ask because I'm in the same situation of being offered this tour on my next cruise as a new Diamond member, but I'd rather have it on the following cruise after that one, because it will be on Icon of the Seas. 

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1

For my ENTIRE diamond career, I have not gone to the entertainment tour until my last cruise, which, ironically jumped me into Diamond Plus.  Granted, I kind of just sped through diamond on the double points promotion after covid since I only had 2 diamond cruises before covid shut everything down.

The tour is gone.  At least it was when I was on Adventure back in September.  All it really is, is a power point demonstration  with a Q&A session at the theater.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

I ask because I'm in the same situation of being offered this tour on my next cruise as a new Diamond member, but I'd rather have it on the following cruise after that one, because it will be on Icon of the Seas. 

You should get an invite on every sailing though lately it seems they are opening the entertainment tour to everyone - it just shows up in the app as an event open to everyone. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Thanks 2

This is a very old post. The last tour they did was pre-covid. The stages are very tight and between covid and increases in Diamond members, they stopped doing tours.

As Rogueperson mentioned, the entertainment "tour" is now a q&a in the theater.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, drb116 said:

the entertainment "tour" is now a q&a in the theater.

Another data point to say this is correct. There is no tour anymore. Just a Q&A with some of the singers and dancers and stage crew. They didn't even hand us a glass of prosecco when we entered the theatre like they did pre-COVID.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tough as Leather said:

Thank you for all the responses. 

Ugh. I'll wait to see if/what is offered on my next cruise!

@Lloyd555 definitely hope Icon has some sort of tour, be it entertainment,  galley, etc.

Thank you everyone!

And yes, I  hope that the Icon of the Seas has some sort of amazing, non PowerPoint tour! 😁