Will prices go down after 123?

S&DMOM

Last time round the prices didnt seem to drop on the few cruises I was watching however guarantee cabins became available on some of them for a bit less than the lowest allocated cabin grades. The gaurantees seemed to be suspended during the promo.

The two cruises I had booked before the promo started didn't increase when the promo was introduced, much to the dispute of posters that always think the promo comes with a price increase.

I don't expect them to go down in March either, they are both fairly popular so I expect them to either go up or stay the same as final payment gets closer.

My own experience says not necessarily. I booked a Summit cruise for March last January with the first 123 Go offer. I had an amazing price for a C3 cabin. After the offer had expired, the price has gone up and up and up. My cabin category wound up costing $600 per person more than I paid before being sold out. Whether prices go up or down is all based on supply and demand.

Booked our last TA on a group rate $1695pp (without 123) which was (perhpas accidentally) equal to the price before they raised the price at the same time they introduced 123. When they introduced 123, the price rose to $2395pp. After final payment and without 123, Celebrity's price was $1695pp.

I'm not saying they raised the price for 1-2-3, but you make your own judgments.

Does anybody knows if Celebrity will do the classic beverage package also on transatlantic? In the 123 deal is transatlantic excludes but I would love to book transatlantic with this package (and don't have to pay for it ;))

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Does anybody knows if Celebrity will do the classic beverage package also on transatlantic? In the 123 deal is transatlantic excludes but I would love to book transatlantic with this package (and don't have to pay for it ;))

It's not likely that they will offer the drink package on TA's, or if they do, it's likely they would raise the price to cover the cost. TA's generally sell out due to their relatively lower cost, among other things.

We would all like the ultimate dining package and premium drink package included in all of our cruises at a special discounted senior rate. The chances are you'll see pigs fly before that happens :)

The last two TA we had the classic package it sure was nice :D

We booked an 11 night cruise and got a pretty rate, including a state of Illinois discount, before 1,2,3. When 1.2.3 kicked in we asked the TA to re run the numbers and they were much higher. The Illinois discount was gone and the value of the choices for 1,2,3 in no way was close to the saving we had received, so we kept what we had.

Edited by Chitown12562

Booked our last TA on a group rate $1695pp (without 123) which was (perhpas accidentally) equal to the price before they raised the price at the same time they introduced 123. When they introduced 123, the price rose to $2395pp. After final payment and without 123, Celebrity's price was $1695pp.

I'm not saying they raised the price for 1-2-3, but you make your own judgments.

We just booked a TA and 123 was not offered.

They said the price is low now and that TA's are excluded.

I think there is some sort of drink, air and rooms package for some transatlantic on the website.

When 123 first came out prices did go up on what I was watching for a couple of weeks. Then, especially in AQ and sky suites it seems pretty high. Then I began to look at other lines and for awhile it seemed celebrity was much higher than other lines.

I was surprised someone recently got a guarantee and kept their perks. I tried but could not pull that off. It seems using the guarantees makes a price coming down in standard prices impossible.

We booked a RS the week before the 1,2,3 promo came out. We received a 15% off through a previous offer and it was a really good deal for us. We are planning to buy one premium non alcoholic package for me and one premium alcoholic package for my husband and we are still saving money…. ;)