Britania in Gibralter ?

ParCan

The cat may well be out of the bag.

Britania is due in Gib on 15 March 2015 according to the port schedules.

http://www.gibraltarport.com/cruise/schedules

We can only guess the rest of the ports. La Coruna ? Malaga ? Lisbon ? Cadiz ?

If that is the cruise for August 2015 we are off to Celebrity unless Oceana has a wow itinerary in the Med (see the other thread).

I would have hoped that P&O would put their new ship in a fantastic, wow, itinerary. Please don't let her do the same old same old Med cruise. Please .....

:(

If that is the cruise for August 2015 we are off to Celebrity unless Oceana has a wow itinerary in the Med (see the other thread).

I would have hoped that P&O would put their new ship in a fantastic, wow, itinerary. Please don't let her do the same old same old Med cruise. Please .....

:(

Talk about jumping the gun!!

The same old moan comes out about same old ports and expecting some new exciting ports of call, the problem is where are these new ports that can take a ship the size of Britannia. Its not just berthing the ship its the whole infrastructure for excursions and places to visit, I dont see the larger Royal Caribbean ships doing any different ports than what P&O do.

Also docking 22 April, 24 June, 22 September; so 4 stops in total for Gibraltar.

Gibralter is going to become a far more regular stop for all Med cruises, as it allows the cruise to keep its drink and shop prices VAT free. Now that most N African ports are being avoided there are fewer Med. ports that are no longer part of the EU.

Also docking 22 April, 24 June, 22 September; so 4 stops in total for Gibraltar.

So it looks like she won't be sailing the med in school holidays. As I have to sail then I am hoping I don't miss out. I would have thought a ship that size would be looking to have lots of families on board. Will just have to wait and see.:confused:

No its Britannia on the cruise section of their schedule. So, new ship...same old itiniarys......will they ever learn?

Where do you expect the ship to go for new itineries when sailing from Southampton and can take the size of Britannia and has the infastructure would love to know all these NEW ports.

Where do you expect the ship to go for new itineries when sailing from Southampton and can take the size of Britannia and has the infastructure would love to know all these NEW ports.

There are other ports in the Med that can take a ship of her size (she isnt actually that huge). Fed up of Rome/Florence, Cannes, Lisbon. What about Malta, Sardinia, Nice, Marsailles, or a combo of the Canaries/Madeira plus some Med ports.

There are other ports in the Med that can take a ship of her size (she isnt actually that huge). Fed up of Rome/Florence, Cannes, Lisbon. What about Malta, Sardinia, Nice, Marsailles, or a combo of the Canaries/Madeira plus some Med ports.

Or as far as Greece ???

Or as far as Greece ???

The reason why they dont do many cruises to Greece is because of the distance from Southampton it would need a cruise of 17 days plus and it would need a couple of stops on way and return because of number of sea days.

The reason why they dont do many cruises to Greece is because of the distance from Southampton it would need a cruise of 17 days plus and it would need a couple of stops on way and return because of number of sea days.

Hopefully they'll address this by offering more fly-cruises around Greece and Turkey, perhaps use a Greek Isle as a home port, the concentrate on the western Med with the Southampton itineraries.

Hopefully they'll address this by offering more fly-cruises around Greece and Turkey, perhaps use a Greek Isle as a home port, the concentrate on the western Med with the Southampton itineraries.

Although we no longer fly I would have no objection to P&O basing another ship in the Med for fly cruises. However it has been pointed out on another thread that P&O are having to bribe TA's with lots of freebies to drum up bookings for Ventura this summer, so seems unlikely unless there is a last minute rush.

I would also like to see some alternative Western Med itineraries that did not include Rome & Venice and included some Balearic islands as well as different Spanish & French ports. But I imagine they will want to keep Rome and Florence, if only to attract new and infrequent repeat cruisers.

The problem is that even with their fly cruises for this year, many ports are still visited during a normal 14/17 southampton cruise. Why not base the ship in Crete (Like OV used to be) and this gives you access to places that Southampton cruises cant offer. This, i believe, would sell much better.

Edited by MattyBarlow