Navigator replacing Jewel out of San Juan May 2015 on

The Jewel, like all of the smaller Radiance class ships, usually does not provide the non-stop entertainment choices available on the bigger ships. But for port intensive itineraries in warm Summer weather it is great. That is why we are doing a b2b in July. It will be a change from a combined 4 weeks on the Oasis class duo in 2011 and 2013. And the Jewel is the only one of the foursome we have never been on. Looking forward to photographing the pool elephants. :D

I wasn't referring to the non-stop entertainment choices of the bigger ships, just the basic nightly shows in the theatre and the evening lounge performers. The production shows on the Jewel are the worst I've seen on any RCI ship, as are the house musicians/singers in the lounges at night. Snooze-fest. The Captain's reception and the C&A top tier event were unimpressive too.

Does anyone know, or have an idea, which ship will be coming to Galveston?

Rose, we just got off Serenade, and were told Navigator was going to Asia not SJU. From other sources including an article in the Galveston paper, we're supposed to be getting Freedom in 2015 out of Galveston. Fingers crossed.

More or less both. ;)

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS is replacing JEWEL OF THE SEAS for the summer season 2015, but it is very likely that JEWEL OF THE SEAS returns to San Juan in winter, so that both JEWEL and NAVGIGATOR sail out of San Juan in winter 2015/16.

So ADVENTURE will be deployed elseware.

:D I'd be okay with this. Like others have said, I like the Radiance Class ships out of San Juan.

Rose, we just got off Serenade, and were told Navigator was going to Asia not SJU. From other sources including an article in the Galveston paper, we're supposed to be getting Freedom in 2015 out of Galveston. Fingers crossed.

Yea!! We heard this from sources on the NOTS in December. We want to book that cruise if it is true.

I just got off Navigator..last night...a bit late due to fog. Anyway, yes we talked to several crew members about this. One told me he knew for sure she will be going to Asia.. yet, others said they were not sure.

We were also told by most they THOUGHT Freedom would be coming to Galveston, yet it could be Adventure too.... so..conclusion..

I felt they were all guessing like we are.

:)

I'll be happy with whatever they do. Navigator was a blast..good 4 night cruise..

I just got off Navigator..last night...a bit late due to fog. Anyway, yes we talked to several crew members about this. One told me he knew for sure she will be going to Asia.. yet, others said they were not sure.

We were also told by most they THOUGHT Freedom would be coming to Galveston, yet it could be Adventure too.... so..conclusion..

Looking at the 2015 schedules released thus far, it looks like both Freedom and Indy are showing that they're staying in Ft. Lauderdale. You might think they wouldn't release the summer-fall 2015 schedules for those ships if the home-port / itineraries are incorrect. So rumors may indicate Freedom or Indy in Galveston, but the RCI website seems to indicate otherwise.

Awesome news! WE were on the Jewel this past May, and thought it was very blah, especially entertainment-wise. Would love to sail NV on the southern route!

I agree Donna. We've sailed on Navigator twice and love this ship. Cruising out of the San Juan is always great, best itineraries. I hope to sail on Navigator again once in San Juan. Happy Cruising!

Same here! I know we've discussed this before, but the pool deck was so small, I couldn't believe it. That's where I spend my time and I was so disappointed not being able to find a chair at all. Radiance was my least-favorite ship. Can't wait to book Navigator.

It seems like we agree a lot :). We spend most of our day outside, too, so we love the big ships in the Caribbean.

Now if they would just release those itineraries!

[quote name='kruzerci']It seems like we agree a lot :). We spend most of our day outside, too, so we love the big ships in the Caribbean.

Now if they would just release those itineraries![/quote]

I have to agree also. Radiance is our least favorite ship in the fleet too for most of the same reasons. We love the Voyage and Freedom class ships. Our favorite small ship is the Enchantment. But really excited for the Navigator to move to San Juan. :D Plus it's wonderful Southern Caribbean itineraries out of San Juan.

We have been wanting to do S Carribean, but have not yet due to the ships offered. We will be scheduling it now for sure if NOS is going to be in SJ.

How is the S Carribean in early June? Not sure I can't wait till early 2016. Edited by DonTreadOnMe

[quote name='DonnaK']I wasn't referring to the non-stop entertainment choices of the bigger ships, just the basic nightly shows in the theatre and the evening lounge performers. The production shows on the Jewel are the worst I've seen on any RCI ship, as are the house musicians/singers in the lounges at night. Snooze-fest. The Captain's reception and the C&A top tier event were unimpressive too.[/QUOTE]

Oh no, we cruise for the entertainment on rccl. Good thing the itin is really the reason for cruising in may on this ship. Edited by maggieq

This article was recently published on the Royal Caribbean blog, its says "Navigator of the Seas is completely revitalized and ready to resume year-round service from Galveston, Texas."

[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/shes-backnavigator-of-the-seas-emerges-after-massive-makeover/[/url]

Nothing in the article states any plans to relocate to San Juan. Looks like Galveston will be keeping there ship.

Yes, this was one of the items mentioned at the recent Top Tier event. Also mentioned, there will be 3 ships stationed in the UK for 2015--Anthem, Adventure & Indy. The Anthem will relocate to Florida for the Winter Caribbean season.

[quote name='nelblu']Yes, this was one of the items mentioned at the recent Top Tier event. Also mentioned, there will be 3 ships stationed in the UK for 2015--Anthem, Adventure & Indy. The Anthem will relocate to Florida for the Winter Caribbean season.[/QUOTE]

Indy is home ported in Ft. Lauderdale through Nov 2015. Indy will be replacing the Allure while she's in Europe.

Liberty's schedule has yet to be published for 2015, maybe Liberty will be Stationed in the UK?? Edited by CRUISEBOY305

[quote name='DonTreadOnMe']We have been wanting to do S Carribean, but have not yet due to the ships offered. We will be scheduling it now for sure if NOS is going to be in SJ.

How is the S Carribean in early June? Not sure I can't wait till early 2016.[/quote]

Me as well I wanted to cruise on a Southern Caribbean this year but I did not want to go on the Jewel. But if the Navigator is there in May 2015, it may be my next booknig while on the Oasis. I hope they hurry up and post the listings soon

[quote name='CRUISEBOY305']This article was recently published on the Royal Caribbean blog, its says "Navigator of the Seas is completely revitalized and ready to resume year-round service from Galveston, Texas."

[url]http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/blog/shes-backnavigator-of-the-seas-emerges-after-massive-makeover/[/url]

Nothing in the article states any plans to relocate to San Juan. Looks like Galveston will be keeping there ship.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this as well.
I thought Navigator is staying in Galveston but if it is going somewhere else in 2015, will RCCL send another ship to Galveston then?