What Do We Need To Do When We Arrive At FLL Port Check In With Our 2 Bottles of Wine?

florida lover

Keep them in your carry on and go through the check in. They ? will note the 2 bottle's and send you to the table where they will check you in with your bottles.

We cruised out of New York last fall and our friend had one bottle of wine and was not stopped as she carried it in her hand ..........she drank it in her room.

We are flying to FLL on the day we sail and so willl go from airport to ship. Is it easy to stop at Total Wine on the way to the ship ? I have read that it is quite close.

BTW did check with Princess and arrival time of 10:40 for 4:00 sail is fine.

We just went through Port Everglades twice in January. You go through security down stairs and they never stopped anyone for wine or any other spirits. When you board the ship they take your picture and scan your cruise card. There is no scanner setup to check you.

We are flying to FLL on the day we sail and so willl go from airport to ship. Is it easy to stop at Total Wine on the way to the ship ? I have read that it is quite close.

Total Wine is easy to get to from the airport. If taking a taxi, just tell the driver to go up US-1 to 17th Street. Total Wine is by the Publix Supermarket on the right hand side of the road. The entrance to the port is less than a half a mile further down 17th street. To make it more convenient, you can order the wine online and they will have it ready for you to pick up, if you know what you want.

We just sailed on the Ruby with one bottle of wine in our carry on. We were not directed to a table nor did I see one??? Karen

Because each passenger can bring on one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne at embarkation for in cabin consumption.

We just went through Port Everglades twice in January. You go through security down stairs and they never stopped anyone for wine or any other spirits. When you board the ship they take your picture and scan your cruise card. There is no scanner setup to check you.

Good to know.

Thank you!

We were on the Ruby on Dec 18 and again Jan 18. Both times I had one bottle of wine and was directed to the alcohol table just after the X-ray scanner. They wrote down my name and cabin info. Nobody said a word when I carried a bottle of tequila onboard in Cozumel on Jan 20, though.

So, florida lover, either you'll be stopped or you won't. Guess it just depends on their mood.

Thanks to Rob and Nono about pre=order at Total Wine. Do you think they will laugh at me if I ask for 'Two bottles of cheap white wine'?:)

Go to their excellent website and pick your bottles.

If memory serves me correctly, I think that you can order on line, also.

Last year we pre-ordered from Total Wine. Worked well. This year we plan on having it delivered to our hotel. They will do that if your order is over $250, not a problem for us as there are 8 (6 of them) wine loving people in our group. You order online, then call the store manager to set up delivery. It's the only Total Wine store that does this, if you call the main company number they will tell you no delivery available.

I'd just wait and see what happens. It seems as though there are different stories on different weeks and in the various terminals. We've never tried to "smuggle" bottles, put them all in the carry on and go right through. Last year (just the 2 of us) they didn't bat an eye with our 4 bottles. We just paid the corkage fee at dinner each night. We did not drink any of our bottles in our cabin.

This year with companions along, we'll probably open a few in the cabin. Our non-drinking friends will carry on a bottle each for us, but I'm almost positive some of those may end up at dinner with a cork fee. Not a problem for us, we like really nice wine and typically buy stuff that would not be available or way out of sight onboard. I've checked the current wine list and we'll be saving around $10 or so on each bottle even after cork fees are paid.

I'd just wait and see what happens. It seems as though there are different stories on different weeks and in the various terminals. We've never tried to "smuggle" bottles, put them all in the carry on and go right through. Last year (just the 2 of us) they didn't bat an eye with our 4 bottles. We just paid the corkage fee at dinner each night. We did not drink any of our bottles in our cabin.

Its a totally different ball game now. No more smuggling, be prepared to pay the $15 for any additioanl bottle over the 1 per person limit for wine and champagne only. Liquor will be destroyed.

Its a totally different ball game now. No more smuggling, be prepared to pay the $15 for any additioanl bottle over the 1 per person limit for wine and champagne only. Liquor will be destroyed.

Same story last year. We went prepared to pay the $15 corkage fee, there was no table, no questions asked. That's why we put it all in our carry on bag. The luggage tags last year when we cruised stated the same as they do this year.

There are so many different answers to the OP's question, that's why I wrote…wait and see. Be prepared to pay the corkage fee if they want you to, otherwise, you will walk onboard with all your wine bottles. I'd rather carry our wine onboard anyway, no risk of broken bottles in luggage being tossed around.

....as low as $2.97 :D

3 buck chuck! :D

We will have experience at port everglades next weekend when we board the Royal. If we have to pay the $15/bottle over the two allowed, we will be willing to pay. Even with the $15 the wine will be cheaper than what it would cost on the ship and most likely will be different than what they offer.

In November we boarded the Caribbean in Houston carrying on 4 bottles of wine and saw no table nor were we charged. We drink them only on our balcony as a treat in the late afternoon as the sun sets.

In September boarding the Island in San Francisco, there was a table and we paid for the extra bottles above the two free for the two of us. No problem as we expected to be charged. However on the same cruise in Aruba, I bought a bottle of my favorite gin. I carried it on in the bag the store put it in, placed it on the scanner belt fully expecting them to take the bottle until the end of the cruise. The Princess security guy did not say a word nor was there a table set up so off to my cabin I went happily with my bottle of gin.