Aqua Class Vs. Concierge Class

My Lady Sydney

If you're talking about an S class ship, all the balcony cabins are the same in terms of square footage and design. On the M class, there is some difference but not really a lot. The main reason for most people to book Aqua Class is the chance to have breakfast and dinner in Blu, the restaurant reserved for AQ passengers (and some suite passengers.) Blu is smaller, more elegant than the MDR, and most people feel the service and food are superior to the MDR. Here are the menus for a 10 day cruise, the focus is on healthier food but still very good, not diet food at all:

http://eclipse2011ta.webs.com/blumenus.htm

I do have to say that some cruisers have posted that they did not like Blu, but they seem to be in the minority. We were in AQ for our Eclipse cruise, and enjoyed Blu so much that we have booked AQ for the Reflection in May.

For a M class the main difference is Blu. The Persians gardens are like a dungeon and not worth spending the time there. Still wouldn't spend much more for it as the MDR is fine.

For the S class it is Blu and the features of the Persian Gardens.

The so called other benefits are a lot of verbal fluff that you would hardly notice or miss.

🌅🚢🍸🍻

For us, as above, it is primarily to be able to dine in Blu. We really love Blu and have always had excellent meals. We do not use the Persian Garden on either class ship, nor do we like the flavored tea.

We too loved our experience in Blu on the Summit (we were in a Sky) so much that we've changed our next January booking from C3 to Aqua. Like you Phxazzcruisers we also never used the Persian Gardens (we had a couple of passes) but will next time when we're AQ on the Eclipse

Edited by A Sixth?

Any thoughts on aqua class vs. the concierge class? Is it worth the extra money for the Aqua Class?

your question is difficult for many reasons since you do not list the ship you are considering, the length of the cruise, or the amount of extra money.

Because of Blu, the Persian Garden, and the Relaxation Room (S class for me) Aqua Class is worth some amount of extra cost ........ but not at ANY cost.

If you are talking about a 7 night cruise on a Solstice Class ship, I might say it is always worth it for me at $150.00 more per person. At $200 per person it is close, and at $250 per person or more it is not worth it.

enjoy

blu-restaurant-celebrity-equinox_jpg_500x400.jpg.a0377a84fb781bbe9c6bb0aab876d814.jpg

celebrity-aqua-class.jpg.3d26ad7367b98f2870f56d49ea40c9e1.jpg

persian-garden.jpg.b05eac0360caaae3bae6f33327858a0c.jpg

I can only speak about S class but we pick Aqua mainly for Blu. Not fans of the MDR although Select Dining helps. I can do without the relaxation rooms, etc as I have a balcony to relax on. Seriously, we walked in for a few minutes on day 1 and never made it back.

All the other stuff is nice but not worth much. But it is nice to have the little extras.

We just booked a C2 on our upcoming (Dec) 10 day Equinox. AQ was about $500 more total for an A2. But since we already stretched a bit for the 10 days, that was just too much. If it came within $250 probably and then only if one of the cabins we wanted were open.

OK, just checked Celerity, AQ is now $720 pp more than CC. Yow! OK, at $1,440 for 10 nights, not worth it :)

So bottom line, love AQ but need the right price and location.

Found AQ for only $10 more per person!!!!

DH loved the idea of "specialty dining" for ony $10 more per person (that is total, not per day)

Then this week found A1 for another $10 per person! I THINK I will prefer the open balcony...we shall see!

Edited by KKB

For us it is all about cost. If the C2 are less than Aqua then we book C2, but sometime Aqua is less than C2. Then we book Aqua. Our May cruise in Aqua was less than C2 and we get the 25 extra points. Blu is nice but not great. The tea has very little flavor. The bottle water is nice, but I dont have any problems with the ships tap water. Richard