Beverage package offer?

Stoffel1982

Sadly, the information posted by Celebrity on this thread is out of date. See this link for a copy of a very recent on board flyer with the correct information about the price limits for both Classic and Premium packages.

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm#package

Thanks for the information!

Hello everyone,

We have been offering a pre-cruise discount on beverage packages. As of February 18, the pre-cruise pricing of all beverage packages will be equal to what the onboard pricing currently is. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Nope Im confused. We have the Classic package on our Eclipse sailing in May. What will the price be to upgrade to tne Premium package on board at that time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Nope Im confused. We have the Classic package on our Eclipse sailing in May. What will the price be to upgrade to tne Premium package on board at that time?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm confused too - although it looks like it may go up from $10 per day to $15 per day. Hence, I just called up Celebrity and did it now instead of taking the chance.

Very helpful indeed! Too bad they still have the $8 limit in the classic package though...

Well, there's still plenty of good hooch to be had for $8 or less. I just upgraded us both though as I'm really looking forward to trying the Martini and Molecular bars. Another benefit of the Premium package is if you want something above the $13 limit, according to all reports, you are only billed the difference (e.g. $15 wine - you are only billed $2) whereas with the Classic you must pay the full amount if it is above the $8 limit.

Hello everyone,

We have been offering a pre-cruise discount on beverage packages. As of February 18, the pre-cruise pricing of all beverage packages will be equal to what the onboard pricing currently is. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Having taken advantage of this discount, we also realize that Captain's Club Elite+ benefit offers an additional 10% off. To quote from the Elite+ benefits FAQ: "If you purchase a beverage package pre-cruise the discount will be taken once onboard at the pre-cruise price. If you purchase onboard you will pay the onboard price of the beverage package and get the 10% discount off that onboard price."

Since we have already paid for the beverage package (pre-cruise), how is the Captain's Club benefit applied? Is it applied as an onboard credit added to our account or done some other way?

Hi everyone,

I read the following on Celebrity's website: Save up to 17% by arranging for your beverage package before you sail...but hurry, offer ends soon.

What exactly does this mean? How much would i pay for those packages if i book before February 18?

Thanks!

This is just a slick new way to raise the prices......

Six months ago Celebrity started charging more for the packages on-board, prior to that the price was the same whether you booked on-board or at home prior to sailing.

When they started charging more for purchasing it on-board they made it look like it was a "discount" to purchase it in advance......now six months later they take away the "discount" for booking in advance and "Voila" they get their price jump but can still say we didn't raise the price....we took away the pre-purchase discount.....

No you didn't Celebrity....you raised the prices in a sneaky way......

Hello everyone,

Sorry, no it does not explain why the price jumped from when I received the email (6th Feb) to the prices today - in my part of the world it is not yet 18th Feb???

I am very unhappy with how this has been rolled out. I was aware of the price difference between purchasing or upgrading in advance versus onboard - only because of this forum. Now i find out, again only thru this forum, that the advance "discount" will be gone shortly. I don't have a problem with price increases but why wouldn't they at least send you some sort of notice if you had an existing cruise booked. I think this has been poorly handled. I now have to contact 10 other people to advise them also to upgrade asap.

Or am I missing something??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just booked an Asian cruise in 2015 and was "offered" and took a free Classic Drinks package. I asked if I could pay to upgrade now and was advised by my TA could not do in advance. Reading this board it appears that this is not the case and that indeed I need to pay by Feb 18th or the price will go up. Am in the UK.

It looks like I need to chase Celebrity post haste - is that right?

Thanks

I think I'm missing something here. Can someone please point me to where it says the price to upgrade from classic to premium will increase? There is currently a $10 price difference between classic and premium and it appears the new prices - there is also a $10 price increase between classic and premium, so the upgrade should still be $10 plus 15%, so $11.50 per person per day.

I know when Celebrity first increased the onboard prices everyone was worried that if you got the free package and then upgraded onboard you would pay more (i.e. the difference between the Classic package if booked in advance and the Premium if booked on board) but that was not the case and people have reported upgrading onboard still for the $10.

Do we have a reason to believe the upgrade is now going to be more? Thanks for any help, as I should quickly upgrade all my cruises if that is the case.

This appears to be another price increase by taking away any advantage of pre-purchase. As I understand it after Feb. 18 the price of a classic alcohol pkg. will be $49 whether you buy before or onboard (just over 11% increase) They may see the opportunity to move closer to the Princess package pricing and without a discount for pre-purchase. These packages are a tremendous advantage to the cruise lines and if the customers like it the cruise lines will work it to their advantage.

I think I'm missing something here. Can someone please point me to where it says the price to upgrade from classic to premium will increase? There is currently a $10 price difference between classic and premium and it appears the new prices - there is also a $10 price increase between classic and premium, so the upgrade should still be $10 plus 15%, so $11.50 per person per day.

I know when Celebrity first increased the onboard prices everyone was worried that if you got the free package and then upgraded onboard you would pay more (i.e. the difference between the Classic package if booked in advance and the Premium if booked on board) but that was not the case and people have reported upgrading onboard still for the $10.

Do we have a reason to believe the upgrade is now going to be more? Thanks for any help, as I should quickly upgrade all my cruises if that is the case.

They are removing the incentive to buy the package ahead of time and making the buy-ahead prices for Classic and Premium $49 and $59 respectively - the same as the current on-board purchase price... SO, what's unclear is whether they will treat already purchased (prior to Feb 18) Classic packages as being worth $44 or $49 and whether they will charge $10 or $15 to upgrade. Rather than risk it, I called yesterday to upgrade.

This from a fellow cruise friend of mine:

"To our cruise friends…if you have a Celebrity cruise booked with the 123Go promo and selected the Classic Beverage Package, effective February 18, 2014, the cost will increase to $15.00/day/person to upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package, instead of the current $10.00/day/person. I called Captain's Club to verify, and they confirmed the change."

No grandfathering of current bookings.

I have three bookings with Celebrity and didn't receive notification for any of them. My issue doesn't lie with the price increase, but the fact that they didn't reach out to people with existing bookings. I think that is really poor .

So, although this makes no sense to me, I called Cruise enhancements (1-800-722-5941), and they confirmed that if you pay after February 18, 2014 the upgrade price will be increasing. His explanation didn't make sense, something about they would be basing the price as if you paid for the old classic package, but that doesn't make sense with the fact it has been $10 now even if you paid on board for the upgrade, but whatever. I wasn't risking it and upgraded all my cruises now.

So, although this makes no sense to me, I called Cruise enhancements (1-800-722-5941), and they confirmed that if you pay after February 18, 2014 the upgrade price will be increasing. His explanation didn't make sense, something about they would be basing the price as if you paid for the old classic package, but that doesn't make sense with the fact it has been $10 now even if you paid on board for the upgrade, but whatever. I wasn't risking it and upgraded all my cruises now.

I know you are just reporting what you have been told, but the terms of the Free Classic Beverage package under the 123 Promo clearly state "premium package upgrade available for an additional charge of $11.50 per person per day, which includes gratuities by contacting Celebrity Cruises" in the same print on the 123 go promo that I received on my last cruise. I have it in writing.

There was also initially some misinformation when they increased the cost of buying a package on board. I suspect as previously the comment you received pertained to those that have purchased the Beverage package and not those that received it has part of the 123Go package.

We will certainly find out for sure sometime after 2/18. Last time Celebrity posted on the thread stating the upgrade price remained at $11.50. Perhaps they will do the same thing this time.

Enjoy your cruise and the Premium Package.

Edited by jagoffee

Hi everyone,

We just wanted to point out a few things that we've seen in this thread.

1. The price to upgrade from the classic beverage package to the premium beverage package will remain at $11.50.

2. Both people in a room are NOT required to upgrade. In other words, one person will be able to upgrade to the premium beverage package.

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone,

1. The price to upgrade from the classic beverage package to the premium beverage package will remain at $11.50.

2. Both people in a room are NOT required to upgrade. In other words, one person will be able to upgrade to the premium beverage package.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for taking the time to both monitor these thread and to clarify.

Yes, it helps.

Hi everyone,

Hope this helps!

Thank you for posting this :)

Thanks for letting us know, but now I am very upset I didn't go with my gut (as the increase in the upgrade didn't make sense to me) and I instead believed the Celebrity guy on the phone, he really really really seemed convinced that what he was saying was correct!!

Live and learn.

Hi everyone,

Hope this helps!

Possibly we could ask Celebrity Cruise spokesperson why or what Feb. 18th has to do with getting the $44 package versa what I was also told when I phoned your customer service reps and they also told me that price after Feb. 18 would be same as on board ship or $49. and to upgrade on ship would be $15 plus grat.

This mis information is really not good for customers who believe one thing and then get told another and then possibly find out something else when they board the ship.

Can you confirm what is going to happen on Feb. 18th ? Thanks.