Caribbean princess stateroom sound proofing??

sevenseassailor

We were on the Caribbean Princess from Jan 25th to Feb 8th in a Dolphin deck mini suite mid ship. Loved every thing about the two cruises EXCEPT the sound proofing of the staterooms. Slamming doors from surrounding staterooms, talking passengers passing by in hallway, and early rising neighbors could be heard through walls. There is no soundproofing especially from entry doors. Doors slam closed unless you make effort to stop them and others did not. These were our 75th and 76th cruises on many different ships and had never had problem like this. Before someone tells me to wear ear plugs, I cannot for medical reason. We loved the rest of our cruise experience on Princess (we are elite) especially the great food served hot, great dining room service, and very friendly crew members. Will not return to the Caribbean Princess because of the noise issue. Can someone recommend another class of ship that has quiet staterooms.

We were on the Caribbean Princess from Jan 25th to Feb 8th in a Dolphin deck mini suite mid ship. Loved every thing about the two cruises EXCEPT the sound proofing of the staterooms. Slamming doors from surrounding staterooms, talking passengers passing by in hallway, and early rising neighbors could be heard through walls. There is no soundproofing especially from entry doors. Doors slam closed unless you make effort to stop them and others did not. These were our 75th and 76th cruises on many different ships and had never had problem like this. Before someone tells me to wear ear plugs, I cannot for medical reason. We loved the rest of our cruise experience on Princess (we are elite) especially the great food served hot, great dining room service, and very friendly crew members. Will not return to the Caribbean Princess because of the noise issue. Can someone recommend another class of ship that has quiet staterooms.

As you're probably aware, the door-slamming thing is pretty much the same on all the ships. :) I was on the Caribbean Princess in an inside cabin on Riviera and didn't hear anything from my neighbors... Maybe it was a Dolphin deck thing? :confused:

[Very glad you posted this because we haven't been on Caribbean Princess but have been on Emerald, Crown, & Ruby and always book a mini-suite mid-ship on Dolphin Deck.

We have never had the problems you experienced. The most we have heard was when we were both in the bathrooms at the same time with walls next to each other and could hear water running from the other.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

Quietly shutting a cabin door and refrain letting your door slam is an easy courtesy to remember that any neighbor would greatly appreciate. I think we all know how annoying a slamming door can be. :cool:

People in balcony cabins sometimes leave their balcony door open or partially open in spite of the request on a sticker on the door. Due to the slightly negative atmosphere in the cabin (to exchange air) the cabin door can slam before you realize it.

Thew cabin is sound-proofed.

All the noise you justifiably are complaining about is from the hallway and by inconsiderate passengers.

The doors to the hallway on this ship and all cruise ships I have been on as well as most hotels have a small gap at the bottom which allows sound to come in.