Brochure overkill

knitter

I just wish they'd quite advertising the 2014 voyages and hurry up and release the rest of 2015. Most of the 'competition' has done so and I'm impatient to see the offerings for Q3-Q4 2015. Someone indicated elsewhere on this board that the second half of 2015 would be released sometime in Feb. Sure hope so.

JimandStan, your brochures remind me so much of Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr's interactions on the SS Constitution in 'An Affair to Remember,' when ladies traveled with trunks and a man would NEVER go to dinner without his jacket! Thanks for the great images.

Once every three months would be perfect for me.

What would be nice is the large edition when new itineraries are announced and smaller editions (about the size of the "winter edition" that we received this week) every three months. The little "targeted" brochures for certain geographic areas or class of ship just go right in the trash.

The large brochure entitled 2014-2015 Winter Collection that we received the other day took the cake: Except for the cover, every single page, itinerary, price, etc. was identical to the one we received months ago! I still had the old one next to the computer since we have two bookings that are described in the book - yep! they are on the same page(s) in the new one. This is waste at it's finest!

I tried opting out of their brochures on catalogchoice.org but Oceania has not acknowledged receipt of this request so i called Oceania and asked to be taken off the mailing list and the guy said it would take 4-6 weeks. We will see. I received 10 brochures in 4 weeks.:mad::mad:

No wonder there is an 18% service charge on the drinks price.

For some the 3% above many other lines could be an issue.

Here 15% is the now 'respectable' low and 20% in higher end venues. Personally I don't understand that as prices clearly higher and a % is a %. But I think there is a 'keep up with the Jones can afford to pay' plays into it. I find it more amazing reading on other boards defenders of the forced 15% gratuity on self-serve wine bars & mini-bars.

Sorry, off topic I know

Most other cruise lines rely almost entirely on the internet to tout soft selling sailings and new released itineraries. This seems a hell of a lot cheaper than O's approach. Plus it saves forests, lots of money, and doesn't alienate consumers with a flood of brochures that are destined for the trash. Management needs to reassess their current approach IMHO.