Can we still request Cheese and Crackers?

mafig

Can we still ask for Cheese and Crackers if we are in a Conceirge Cabin instead of the regular appetisers?

We tried this last time we were in a Conceirge and weren't too successful. (I requested the change but next day we still got the regular appys. I mentioned my request, the steward apologized said he'd be right back and never came back. This happened twice, so I gave up.:p)

You can request it, but I don't recommend it. The quality of the cheese is questionable.

Alternative: go up to the buffet and get some real cheese, crackers, bread, olives, whatever you want and bring it back to the room to enjoy while you are preparing for dinner. Or just relaxing on your balcony.

Alternative: go up to the buffet and get some real cheese, crackers, bread, olives, whatever you want and bring it back to the room to enjoy while you are preparing for dinner. Or just relaxing on your balcony.

Wow! That's a great idea.

We recently requested the cheese platter and, to be honest, it was very disappointing. Four crackers, some sort of cheese slices and both days exactly five grapes. We just told our steward to forget about it for the rest of the week. On our upcoming Solstice cruise, we'll definitely request the shrimp cocktail.

Just Back from Equinox and ordered the premium cheese platter for our lunch in the cabin together with crab cakes.

Cheese Platter came from the selection in Murano and worth every dollar $15.00 including crackers and dried fruit.

Crab cakes were also very good and a high proportion of crab meat instead of filler. Cost was $11.00 .

The standard cheese plate was also available at no extra charge but for lovers of good cheese there is no comparison.

Scotslizzy

Yes, we just asked our room steward, and every day other than the first we got the cheese plate instead of the regular canapes. I loved the cheese plate in the afternoons on the Summit a few weeks ago. Yes, only about 5 grapes, but we had 6 slices of cheese, plus a nice slice of Brie and plenty of crackers. We would also swing by the buffet and get additional goodies and enjoyed it all on our balcony each day.

On our Reflection Cruise last month, I thought the canapé selection had improved from our last Celebrity cruise in June 2012. It was a different mix each day a combo of olives, grape tomatoes, hummus, crackers, tortilla chips or fresh mozzarella. We thought it was good!

You can request it, but I don't recommend it. The quality of the cheese is questionable.

That's what I always do. Some cheese, olives and a glass or two if wine. Life is good.

Edited by davekathy

Ditto, but why not order the shrimp? have fun cruising:cool:

Do they have those items available mid afternoon or do you bring it back from the lunch buffet?

We used to request a cheese plate instead, however on our cruise last week we took the standard canapes and by my accounting they have improved. Oil-infused olives, typically chips and hummus. Much better than the questionable origin of some of the previous canape trays we received.

Just Back from Equinox and ordered the premium cheese platter for our lunch in the cabin together with crab cakes.

Cheese Platter came from the selection in Murano and worth every dollar $15.00 including crackers and dried fruit.

Crab cakes were also very good and a high proportion of crab meat instead of filler. Cost was $11.00 .

The standard cheese plate was also available at no extra charge but for lovers of good cheese there is no comparison.

Scotslizzy

Room service story:

On Reflection recently (this was our first cruise on Celebrity) we ordered the premium cheese plate for lunch and I requested crackers with it. Room service delivered with cellophane wrapped stale saltines. This was early in the cruise. I knew somewhere there had to be premium crackers (such as water crackers) because I had seen the waiter in the Porch get some for a passenger who had requested them. I called room service back and they said the saltines were all they had. I called guest services to see if they knew of anywhere on the ship I could get crackers other than saltines. They suggested the gift shop, but of course they had nothing like that. At that point I just gave up. When we went to the Oceanview cafe the next day for the first time for lunch, I saw a huge assortment of crackers that were part of that daily station.

So I agree with the poster who said go to the buffet for crackers, olives, and cheese unless you want the French cheese plate. That's what we did from then on.