Kids sail free.......

monicajay

I had 2 inside rooms but when they did this promo last weekend. I cancelled my original booking and re-booked online getting beverage package, an upgrade to a verandah room and also saved $1000.

The only downside is now the kids are in my room!

So happy this worked for your SIL. It is nice to see this thread helped somebody. $1200 savings is nothing to sneeze at.

What it tells me is that Celebrity is looking for a younger clientele as those with kids under 12 are not in their mid '50s or 60's.

I suspect there are more of us in the 50-60yo range w/kids under 12 then you might think.

Ha, I doubt that many, though. We are in the 50's to 60 range with a grandchild.

I had 2 inside rooms but when they did this promo last weekend. I cancelled my original booking and re-booked online getting beverage package, an upgrade to a verandah room and also saved $1000.

The only downside is now the kids are in my room!

Now you can go spend $600 ($299 per kid) of that savings and put them back in their own Inside stateroom. :D

Here is the email said:(till 2/18)

4 days only—new low rates on Bermuda, Caribbean and Alaska vacations

For as low as $299*† per person for the first two guests with additional guests 12 or under in your stateroom sailing FREE*—you can enjoy a family vacation that will leave everyone completely relaxed and renewed.

Plus, combine it with our best offer ever

If you book ocean view or above, you can combine it with our 123go! Offer and choose one of three spectacular enhancements to your cruise—free beverage package, free gratuities, or onboard credit.

So for kid under 12 is free and other will also got discount to as low as $299!!

Check with your TA regarding the price change (with this promotion your cruise price may go up but still save in the end. I did save $$$ for 3 rooms that have kids for our family Alaska cruise in June.:D:D

Bob

Yes, this worked out great for us our DD 11 sails free and only $299 for DS who is 13 made it possible to upgrade to a sweet 16 :D. We were lucky that we are sailing early season to Bermuda the peak dates weren't included in the sale ;)

Thanks Celebrity!!

I avoid restaurants that have days when kids eat free. They are full of kids. Great deal for families with kids. Miserable for people who want a quiet table for 2. I am glad that there are specific cruises when kids sail free. I will not be on those cruises. It will be a great time for families with kids. It just isn't my type of vacation. I sail at times when kids ought to be in school and on longer cruises. On those cruises, there are usually a few kids. I just hope that Celebrity does not offer kids free on all cruises. That would be a deal breaker for me.

I received a email that Crystal is also offering for kids to sail free.

I guess it is a way to entice the grandparents to sail by allowing them to take their "little angels" on a cruise so everyone else can also "enjoy" them.

Edited by miched

This was great for me but I hope Celebrity doesn't do it often. I truly am lucky to have 2 young laid back boys who rather hang with us than run around with lots of kids. Celebrity gives us the best of both worlds. Great dinners to dress up and spend quality time together but also have wonderful supervised activities for the kids to enjoy while my DH and I relax.