Towel animals

Chitown12562

Ok I've never seen the monkey smoking before lol. We were of you in the cabin smokers? Just wondering why they chose to do that when it's not the norm lol

NO!! NO!! Absolutely not a smoker. Hate it. Appreciate your follow-up and question. Yes, I was a bit surprised, too, that they choose that type of design for such "art". But, the creativity and effort was enjoyed.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 161,734 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

On our first cruise together on NCL we had a towel animal in our cabin every night of the 5 night cruise. On our next cruise we where on the Eclipse and only saw 1 towel animal during our 7 night cruise. Does Celebrity only do 1 towel animal per cruise?

We just returned from the Feb 8th Reflection cruise. I wondered about towel animals too. We never got any, and I figured that Celebrity just didn't do them, as this was our first cruise on X. At dinner though one night, a lady said that she had gotten 3 during the week, but then another couple 2 doors down from her with the same cabin steward had not gotten any. Friends of ours during the same week said they got one during the week. I'm wondering if it's just up to individual cabin stewards? I think they are really cute, but I didn't miss them. I think the inconsistency seems weird though.

Just back from Silhouette (7 nights) and we had towel animals two nights in our Concierge Class cabin. Both nights they were swans, one night they were formed into a heart as an earlier photo shows. Our friends who were in a normal Verandah cabin did not have towel animals any nights.

We just returned from the Feb 8th Reflection cruise. I wondered about towel animals too. We never got any, and I figured that Celebrity just didn't do them, as this was our first cruise on X. At dinner though one night, a lady said that she had gotten 3 during the week, but then another couple 2 doors down from her with the same cabin steward had not gotten any. Friends of ours during the same week said they got one during the week. I'm wondering if it's just up to individual cabin stewards? I think they are really cute, but I didn't miss them. I think the inconsistency seems weird though.

Not weird at all. Celebrity as a line does not do towel animals as a perk. However, they do not prohibit individual cabin stewards from providing this added amenity to their cabins if they choose to. It is entirely up to the cabin steward as to whether they have the time and the talent to do them.

Probably a legitimate observation and I could not care less about some towel animal, but some women apparently look forward to them, and some TAs are cleverly constructed, I must admit. So Let's do a poll: What's your choice? A towel animal or a mold free bathroom? ;)

keep the towel animals. I want the rum cakes in the background....

failing that, I'll go mold free.

I hate to be cynical but I suspect that some cabin attendants make the towel animals as a way of ensuring a more generous tip at the end of the cruise.

Also, in photos on this thread and others, I see where the cabin attendant has taken the liberty of incorporating a passenger's possessions (e.g. sunglasses, cell phone, camera, etc.) into the animal. That's a no-no, and if it were to happen to me, I'd complain to the hotel manager. Call me a grinch, but hands off my personal possessions!

Ducking in anticipation of flames

George

Just off Connie. I told our room steward I was taking my wife to Tuscan for our anniversary. We returned, he had totally decorated our room with streamers hanging from the cealing, decorations on our door and a towel animal or two. He was a great kid. I did notice on several nights there were towel animals in the men's public restrooms.

Edited by Patrick IL.

On our first cruise together on NCL we had a towel animal in our cabin every night of the 5 night cruise. On our next cruise we where on the Eclipse and only saw 1 towel animal during our 7 night cruise. Does Celebrity only do 1 towel animal per cruise?

One is plenty.

Also, in photos on this thread and others, I see where the cabin attendant has taken the liberty of incorporating a passenger's possessions (e.g. sunglasses, cell phone, camera, etc.) into the animal. That's a no-no, and if it were to happen to me, I'd complain to the hotel manager. Call me a grinch, but hands off my personal possessions!

George

if you don't want your stuff touched then every single time you leave the cabin put it ALL in drawers the safe or in your luggage.

Actually I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your client may be dead. No one has seen her in 18+ months.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2553915/Is-Nessie-DEAD-Loch-Ness-Monster-disappeared-time-90-years.html

Don't pay any attention to him (we don't) Gary talks nonsense! there have been no confirmed sightings in 18 months? There have been no confirmed sightings EVER! Confirmed by who? :eek:

There have been three sightings in the last 18 months, just Gary hasn't confirmed them himself haha that's basically what it is. He's part of the same crowd that did the hoax a couple of years back :D

Edited by DebbieMacG

Strikes me as sort of funny that grown adults can get excited about towel animals, but our last Reflection cruise we got like 5 or 6 of them. Guess the steward had some time on his hands. Still love the swan and monkey the best but it certainly doesn't matter one way or another if we get one or not

Probably a legitimate observation and I could not care less about some towel animal, but some women apparently look forward to them, and some TAs are cleverly constructed, I must admit. So Let's do a poll: What's your choice? A towel animal or a mold free bathroom? ;)

Not a woman, so can't comment from that point of view...but I do know this man looks forward to them !! :D

I hate to be cynical but I suspect that some cabin attendants make the towel animals as a way of ensuring a more generous tip at the end of the cruise.

George

Not a flame...just a different perspective...I have seen the smiles, felt the almost sense of joy...from...I'll specifically mention Cheryl, from the Philippines, on our Eclipse cruise...who loved that we loved our towel animals, as we collected them/kept them on our stateroom couch throughout our 14 nights (group photo) :) !

And I see no problem with service staff, who rely on tips to supplement their meager salary, doing "extra" things to make the total cruise experience more enjoyable for their passengers. In the same way...who do you think I will tip better at my local restaurant...the waitstaff who merely takes my order, and brings my meal ?...or the one who goes the extra step, makes an extra effort to ensure the entire dining experience is just a little bit better/more special/goes above and beyond ?

Enjoy cruising my friends...and find a bit of joy in whatever small act the Celebrity staff perform...that brings you a smile ! :)

Woody

Edited by rwr235

[quote name='cruisetimeforme']Strikes me as sort of funny that grown adults can get excited about towel animals, but our last Reflection cruise we got like 5 or 6 of them. Guess the steward had some time on his hands. Still love the swan and monkey the best but it certainly doesn't matter one way or another if we get one or not[/QUOTE]

When we were sailing on Carnival they always had the towel animals. One mornings on the Dream every chair on the pool had one. I don't think that there were any duplicates.

The monkey was our favorite seeing it hanging from the ceiling. When on the Dream I asked our cabin attendant what night was monkey night and he said that he no longer does the monkey because he got in trouble and almost fired over it. A family group sailing on a family reunion that had adjoining cabins thought that he was making fun of them and reported it the management. What also didn't help was that he couldn't claim that everyone got one because all of his cabins were the same family. He says that was his worst cruise ever as all of the automatic gratuities were canceled so I guess that also affected the rest of the staff.

On another note. What about napkin folding on Celebrity? I don't know if they do it in the MDR because we have always sailed in AQ and they never fold the napkins in Blu like they do on other ships.

.🌅🚢🍸🍻