Towel animals

Chitown12562

On our first cruise together on NCL we had a towel animal in our cabin every night of the 5 night cruise. On our next cruise we where on the Eclipse and only saw 1 towel animal during our 7 night cruise. Does Celebrity only do 1 towel animal per cruise?

We had 1 on our recent eclipse 14 night cruise... Think we had 4 on our first one a 15 night cruise! Think it depends on your actual cabin steward if they can be bothered or have the time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

On our first cruise together on NCL we had a towel animal in our cabin every night of the 5 night cruise. On our next cruise we where on the Eclipse and only saw 1 towel animal during our 7 night cruise. Does Celebrity only do 1 towel animal per cruise?

Actually, from my personal experience, I would have said Celebrity does zero towel animals per cruise. We've sailed twice with Celebrity, two TAs for a total of nearly a month on board --no towel animals. Five cruises on NCL --a zillion towel animals. If towel animals are important to you, Celebrity is not the way to go. :)

What is a towel animal? Is that someone that leaves them lay around after they leave instead of returning them to the dirty bin? Have seen plenty of those people, as for being in your cabin I don't have a answer for that, seems like a security or housekeeping problem.

🚢🌅🍸🍻

What is a towel animal? Is that someone that leaves them lay around after they leave instead of returning them to the dirty bin? Have seen plenty of those people, as for being in your cabin I don't have a answer for that, seems like a security or housekeeping problem.

🚢🌅🍸🍻

Haha :D

We had two on our last cruise (daughter travelling with five year old had one!) one on the cruise before and none on the four cruises prior to that.

I'm not bothered personally but thought my grandaughters cabin stewardess could have made a little more effort for a five year old but she was bad in other respects as well :rolleyes:

🚢🌅🍸🍻

LOL

Love the signature too.

On our Connie cruise, we had towel animals every night. It was so much fun rushing back to the cabin after dinner just to see what animal would greet us. On our AOS cruise, we asked our cabin steward if he could leave animals for our boys (who were 9 & 13 at the time) and he obliged us and even taught the boys how to make a towel animal when they "caught" him one night. Our last cruise on the Millie - no towel animals and we didn't even think to ask. I do love the towel animals, but it won't make or break my cruise.

I loved the towel animals on the 4 RCCL cruises I've taken. My favorites are the monkey hanging from the ceiling and the sting ray with the pillow candies for eyes (when we were in Grand Cayman).

In the "old days" of my cruising, beginning in 2002 and early days of getting on this board, there were Celebrity "purists" who thought any form of whimsy was beneath such a classy cruiseline. However, in recent years I have had towel animals on some M-class cruises and occasionally see them in the pool area on the towel shelves. They are fun and interesting, but not a deal breaker for me.

If you get towel animal(s) on Celebrity it is ONLY because your cabin steward has the time and the talent. On my first cruise 1 out of 11 days. On my second: 0. My friend got the same animal 4 times and we laughed because we could NOT tell what it was. We finally settled on the Loch Ness Monster because ultimately it disappeared and we had no reliable footage to prove it existed.

While they are cute, it isn't something I need to make my cruise special. If I was traveling with kids: maybe.

We had a few done & frequently saw several in the "Solarium". When passing by the "open" attendant closet, we saw an instructional manual on how to make them.(this was on Jan.25 Eclipse trip)The manual was hanging on the wall & showed how to make several different styles. I guess they maked them as time allows. It was a cute touch when coming back from dinner & seeing one on the bed.

Thinking about other threads about mold in bathrooms the attendants should probably spend more time cleaning and not time making tacky towel animals.........

Probably a legitimate observation and I could not care less about some towel animal, but some women apparently look forward to them, and some TAs are cleverly constructed, I must admit. So Let's do a poll: What's your choice? A towel animal or a mold free bathroom? ;)

We found the towel animals amusing on the first few cruises where we received them.

On cruises after that we were indifferent to them until a cruise where we heard someone innocently inquire about the wasted resouces, detergent and water for all those towels that needed to be re-washed.

The reply from the environmental officer was that no such waste occurs because as soon as the cabin stewards take the towel animals apart, they refold the towels and hang them in the bathroom.

That turned us off on towel animals, not wanting bath towels that have previously been pawed over as towel animals. :D

I can take them or leave them and in about 125 nights at sea we've had 3. One on our TA two years ago and two on our cruise this past month. The last one was the final formal night and I can't tell you what it was, but it used a bath towel and two hand towels and a beach towel! Oh and my sunglasses from the nightstand. It was like a dinosaur or something, really big. Forgot to take a pic :-(

What I'd RATHER they not do is put their hands all over my toilet paper and fold it into a triangle. I mean, did they wash right before???????? I ALWAYS ALWAYS carefully get rid of that part.

We received the most beautiful towel birds once. Napkins actually.

It was our anniversary and we were fortunate to have a suite, Jesus, our butler, made them for us.

Along with the beautiful champagne glasses and rose petals.

I asked him to come home with us, but he declined.

Yup, the towel animals/napkin birds are something we appreciate, but not necessary.

We found the towel animals amusing on the first few cruises where we received them.

On cruises after that we were indifferent to them until a cruise where we heard someone innocently inquire about the wasted resouces, detergent and water for all those towels that needed to be re-washed.

The reply from the environmental officer was that no such waste occurs because as soon as the cabin stewards take the towel animals apart, they refold the towels and hang them in the bathroom.

That turned us off on towel animals, not wanting bath towels that have previously been pawed over as towel animals. :D

Are you serious?

During our recent 14 night Eclipse sailing, we had towel animals visit us on 7 of those days. Here are photos of six of them:

12542022234_83c02b7ab0_z.jpg12541694153_fccd7c5093_z.jpg

12542086984_c8a6330102_z.jpg12542119194_1a767aa594_z.jpg

12542190394_f3aa8f19f0_z.jpg12541710385_2b412222b0_z.jpg

Man I want your stateroom attendant! LOL

I think we got a towel animal on formal nights on our Celebrity cruises. On HAL we got one nightly. I must say, it's something I do miss as I love them, but I get that they are way too busy to be making towel animals all night.

If you get towel animal(s) on Celebrity it is ONLY because your cabin steward has the time and the talent. On my first cruise 1 out of 11 days. On my second: 0. My friend got the same animal 4 times and we laughed because we could NOT tell what it was. We finally settled on the Loch Ness Monster because ultimately it disappeared and we had no reliable footage to prove it existed.

While they are cute, it isn't something I need to make my cruise special. If I was traveling with kids: maybe.

As Nessies manager I'm sorry to have to tell you she wasn't on that cruise :p

Thanks everyone for your comments and insights. Many were informative, some made me laugh, some made me just shake my head, but all wre appreciated.

Having only been on only one Celebrity cruise we just wanted to know what the norm is regarding the towel critters. My GF sees them as cute and myself, as an engineer (and I like paper origami too), marvel at how simple folds become whimsical creatures. Not having them will not deter us from going on more Celebrity cruises nor be seen as a negative to be complained about on CC.

At least now I know that the cabin stewards work harder on NCL than they do on Celebrity, since my cabin on NCL was spotlessly cleaned, AND I got a towel animal every night.

Just joking people. :D

As noted below, we just got off of the Solstice earlier this month and had some of the cute towel animals. See more below. Not going there on the "debate" about mold, priorities, use of time by the staff, etc. Just celebrating the fun, interesting aspects of this "gift" while sailing on a nice, classy ship.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under". Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on this ship and these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now approaching 30,000 views for this posting.

Here are two of the towel "art" items left in our room during our just-completed Solstice cruise between Australia and New Zealand. Fun! Interesting!!:

SolsticeTowelDesignsA1_zps668daa16.jpg

SolsticeTowelDesignsA_zps91920a3f.jpg